“Nice place !!”

Ranked #35 of 381 Hotels in Jaipur
Udaipur, India
“Nice place !!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Best hotel , location wise . Just a 5 minute drive from the airport . Check in process was smooth. The room was nice and spacious. The bathroom , however, had very less toileteries . Also , the housekeeping staff were a little negligient . Had to tell them 5-6 times to finally get my room cleaned .
The food here is nice . Both , the buffet and in-room dining were quite nice .
The only problem here was No Free Wifi .

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hotel Royal Orc... G, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur, responded to this review, March 6, 2014

Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid Jaipur!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your stay at Royal Orchid. We have made a note of your observations .

We look forward to welcome you back at Hotel Royal Orchid Jaipur to get us yet another opportunity to meet your expectations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Polish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I write this review as I breakfast at the coffee shop of The Royal Orchid! Do note that there are 3 Royal Orchids in Jaipur, and my review is intended for the Durgapura one - which is just a 5 minute drive from Jaipur Airport!

There are a couple of things that take a hotel from being a 4 Star to a 5 Star! Overtly there really isn't anything wrong with the place, so if you're looking for a nice, clean place to camp for the night, don't let my notes deter you! I review this hotel just to compare it to several other 5 stars I have stayed in Jaipur!

It's most definitely clean and well maintained. (The rooms are decently spacious. Not many toiletries in the bathroom.) However, it just doesn't have a "Rajasthani" vibe! I know several tourists who come to the city want to experience the local culture and get a sense of what Jaipur entails! Royal Orchid is just like a business hotel in any other city. You won't get too many local food items on the menu (I was surprised they didn't even have a Rajasthani Thali - which almost all 5 stars in Jaipur have!) The Trident for example welcomes you with a garland, Le Meridian with local musicians on the patio. This vibe is missing here! Also, it's kinda too far from the action! I was here just on a business trip, but for someone looking to use this place as a base to explore the city, you would end up spending unnecessary time stuck in traffic!

The service is a little tired! For example, I had ordered a char-grilled chicken salad for dinner y'day WITH SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS that the dressing should be given to me separately! When the order reached the room, the salad was drenched in vinaigrette! I asked for it to be replaced, esp when I had given them clear instructions. When they got it back, it was just the lettuce that was changed. Basically the chicken and all the salad toppings were reeking of vinegar! All they had done was put fresh Lettuce in the salad... Not what you expect from a four star! Respecting a guests wishes is what true hospitality is about!

Additionally, there was no hot water to take a shower in at 5 pm in the evening! I called reception/guest services 5 times (dripping with water and shivering in the cold, might I add!) ALL MY CALLS WENT UNANSWERED!

However, let me add that service at dinner last night was wonderful, prompt and all done with smiles on their faces. Today morning at breakfast it was back to square one! My egg white was not an egg white omelette! (They tried to pass off a normal omelette as an egg white! I told them I eat whites everyday, and I can make out the difference!) There were no napkins, cutleries on my table, even after being asked thrice! The warmth and the smiles were missing!

The hotel does not have an in-house spa, which might be a big let-down for several holidayers!

These aren't really big issues, but I just wanna illustrate that India per se is known for its wonderful hospitality! So you do get a little spoilt for choice and when you know you're most definitely pampered in places like The Taj, you do tend to just get disappointed a little when a hotel falls short! It's not a bad hotel at all, it's just not what I would call a "wonderful" hotel!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid Jaipur!

At the outset we sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay at the property. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sparing your valuable time and giving us your feedback. We assure you that your feedback has been taken in a positive stride. It is our continuous effort to improve our services and we value your comments and suggestions. I shall personally look into the matter and initiate a corrective action in order to deliver the expected high standards of service to our customers and am confident that you will notice the change during your future visits to the property.

We at Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur value your patronage and sincerely look forward to your next visit with us
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel. Nice lobby. Good location though a bit away from the historic sightseeing of this absolutely lovely city. Food was ok, staff were good and friendly. All in all a good and comfortable hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hotel Royal Orc... G, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur, responded to this review, February 25, 2014

Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid Jaipur!

I am pleased to note that our Food, services and facilities were to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback about the hotel is deeply appreciated and have been communicated to all the members of our team.

Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Not the prettiest hotel from the outside but fine for a short two night stay during a Golden Triangle trip. Nice and friendly welcome. Bright airy reception which belies the look of the exterior. Quick and friendly check in too. Watch the lift doors – they are quite vicious! Rooms are clean and tidy with all the bits that you would expect. The Salsa Bar looks like it may be passed it Salsa days but the beer was cold and the staff seemed friendly enough. Ate in the Tiger Trail where the food was excellent once aided by the waitress. Also had the buffet in Limelight (I am not a buffet fan – trust me!) but it had a great choice and the dishes were excellent – hot , fresh and replenished frequently. Sandeep is the star of this hotel – she was friendly, funny, very helpful and very professional!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hotel Royal Orc... G, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur, responded to this review, February 20, 2014

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Rooms are spacious & room service is prompt. I would rate this place 4.5/5 but unfortunately we have either 4 or 5 for rating. The staff is very responsive and helpful.

Buffet breakfast is good but dinner layout can be a little better. Internet speed is not up to mark & chargeable (should be free). A little out of town but overall a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid Jaipur!

We appreciate your kind feedback towards our staff and will aim to improve our service standards even higher, so that every global traveller gets the same experience as you have received. The concern shared in the feedback is well noted and will be reviewed to have a best possible solution to it.”

We look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Royal Orchid Jaipur to get us yet another opportunity to meet your expectations.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

From check in to check out...it was a true pleasure...Staff, Rooms, Food and Services all 5/5. Shld try dere buffet lunch which was a treat (i had inclusive thru makemytrip deal). Rooms were well equiped n sound proof. Surely recommend.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel Royal Orc... G, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur, responded to this review, February 10, 2014

Sudhir Jena
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed January 30, 2014

No salon, no spa, not much female staff or policy for female guests. When I checked in-no welcome drink, no bag guy-the reception guy brought them to room without even a smile but gave no introduction to main switch/airconditioning.Housekeeping lackadaisical.Spent 2 sleepless nights because of heat, no electricity in the bathroom-wardrobe. Hotel not resourceful. Asked to arrange for a driver for my car, they couldn't source one saying either rent or use hotel car. I had a driver come from gurgaon to jaipur next day. Instead of hotel car in evening, I was given a rental suv,the drive was ready to drive my car for a whole day for 70% of the price that I paid for a pickup and drop. For lack of sleep & service I complained and asked for the free wifi my booking said they provide but on checkin didn't - they offered only 1 hour of wifi. I insisted on 4 hours for rest of the stay. They also did quaint housekeeping hearts/swans made of towels & flowers & a bouquet,attentive housekeeping after I moved rooms. AC was still bad, rooms get stuffy and hot at night! Location is far from old city in traffic. A flyover is being constructed here so front of hotel is deserted. If I hadn't taken my own car, public transport would have been problematic. First room had a potty handshower whose pipe went into the dustbin. On the last day, in second shower I discovered the bathshower was broken! I hadn't noticed it because of the ceiling shower. Extremely lukewarm water instead of hotwater. Hotel quality had me confused as brand supposed to be decent. Not a Taj or Oberoi.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank OhPriya
Hotel Royal Orc... G, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur, responded to this review, February 2, 2014

Sudhir Jena