“Fantsastic budget hotel at the heart of the pink city”

and 1 more site!
Pearl Palace Heritage - The Boutique Guesthouse
Ranked #3 of 385 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I have travelled extensively in India and have never come across this level of value for money, quality of service or hospitality all in the same bracket before.

I am still unsure how this brand new hotel, beautifully fitted out can charge so little. I stayed here between Taj Group properties and the Pearl Palace Heritage compared very well, in terms of the rooms and the facilities offered. The big bonus is that the staff are clever at assessing the level of interaction you want and can professional and discreet (no one constantly hanging over your shoulder at mealtimes and tip-seeking) but also know when a lone traveller needs a conversation!

The Singh family are amazing hosts, just watching them dishing out help, encouragement and onward asssiatnce to guests was a lesson is just how good a family concern can be when the owners understand the market. Mr and Mrs Singh also publish a guide to Jaipur 'Jaipur for Aliens' which is far more informative tahn the standard guides and will really help anyone just arrived for their first trip to India to acclimatise and get the most out of the city.

I'm not joking when I say that the Pearl Palace Heritage is an ex[erience you won't want to miss in Jaipure. If you can't get a room there (it's justifiably popular) you have to try the Peacock restaurant on the roof of their other hotel (simply named 'The Pearl Palace') The food is great, the crowd is mixed and quirky and the location of both hotels is excellent, being close the MG Road and the railway station.

A true five star budget hotel!

Room Tip: Go for the Viceroy or Jasalmer Room!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Yorkie1970

Reviewed May 24, 2011

My boyfirend and I turned up at the Pearl Palace Heritage Hotel unannounced and without a reservation at about 9.30pm one evening, and we were dismayed to learn that the hotel was fully booked. However we were not prepared for the friendliness, helpfulness and courtesy that followed from both the receptionist and the owner of the hotel, Mr Singh.

Mr Singh and his staff made arrangements for us to stay the night at his other hotel (the Pearl Palace Hotel) which is a short ride away from the Pearl Palace Heritage. Mr Singh arranged for a car to take my boyfriend and I to the Pearl Palace Hotel were we spent the night in a small but very comfortable and well maintained room.

The Pearl Palace Hotel is an absolute treasure and waking through the hotel is like finding oneself in Alladin's cave!! There is a treasure at every corner!!! The roof-top restaurant served some of the best and cheapest food I ate in India, and the service was faultless. However, I digress...

The next morning, my boyfriend and I were back at the Pearl Palace Heritage Hotel and we were allocated the room known as Jaisalmer - the most beautiful and luxurious room I have ever slept in. The room is decorated in what I came to later realise to be the traditional Rajasthani decor and the traditional blended very well with the wide-screen TV and other mod-cons. Mr and Mrs Singh obviously paid a lot of attention to the small details in the room (as they did everywhere else in the hotel) and everything in the room came together perfectly.

The staff were also a revelation. Having been in India for a week, I had become accustomed to and even expected to be asked for a tip for the most basic assistance. I was pleasantly surprised while at the the Pearl Palace Heritage and its sister hotel the Pearl Palace Hotel to find that the ethos among the staff is high quality service and friendliness without the expectation of a tip.

Another surprise was the costs involved. Having spent a week being overcharged and generally being fleeced at every opportunity, I was surprised that the price of the room was such good value, especially considering the extremely high standard of the hotel and the excellent service from Mr and Mrs Singh and their staff. The restaurant was reasonably priced and the food was delicious.

I was later told that every room is individually designed and decorated according to a theme. I cannot wait to return to Jaipur to sample the delights of another room and enjoy the hospitality of Mr and Mrs Singh!!!

The Pearl Palace Heritage Hotel is a gem of a hotel in every way, and a credit to Mr and Mrs Singh. I am grateful to them and their staff for giving my boyfriend and I such wonderful experiences. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We booked the Hotel via the internet. It was recommended in a guide book. We used the telephone to confirm the booking (as we were going to arrive late). The staff were very helpful and friendly, for example I had twisted my foot so a member of staff organised plenty of ice for me; they organised transport with reliable carriers and gave advice and directions.
The quality of the rooms and bathrooms was luxurious, extremely clean, spacious and very comfortable. Each room had its own computer and fridge, along with HD TV, A/C, fans and tea and coffee making facilities.
The hotel style was rather like a very clean museum, tastefully done and eye pleasing.
The only downside is that there is not a restaurant on site. There is one at the sister hotel a few minutes walk away. This was not a problem for us though as we like to try out the local restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I had the good fortune of choosing a relatively new property for my stay at Jaipur about a week ago . I chose the Pearl Palace Boutique Guesthouse simply because i read it was a new property. All i expected was a clean bed and a decent breakfast. To my surprise the guesthouse turned out to be a palace ! The rooms were fit for maharajas if you can understand what i'm saying here. My two colleagues and i enjoyed one of the most pleasant stays in recent times. The rooms ar this boutique guesthouse were theme based and we chose the Viceroy room for our stay paying a tariff of Rs 2100/- per night and Rupees 300/- for one extra bed which i think is a steal .I strongly recommend this unique guesthouse to all my fellow travellers who plan to travel to Jaipur. I shall be returning with my wife and son to jaipur and will only be staying at this guesthouse. Let me also mention that the property being located in a quiet and posh residential neighborhood , I could catch up on my daily walking schedule too .

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Good value, good service. Owners are personally dedicated to genuinely ensuring a uniquely comfortable, memorable and enjoyable stay. Suite room 201 (“Viceroy?”), March 2011.

Owner personally picked us up from our (lost) location, as a free service. They do free pickup from train station. Many rooms are amazing, uniquely crafted and beautifully decorated, and far exceeds the expectations of this budget category. Very memorable hotel. Jaipur guide booklet was provided for convenience (written by hotel owner). Location less 1km road distance to train station, less 3km to pink city wall/gates.

Room 201 is suitably large, very clean, has beautiful interior design/decor and contains separate living room, 2 wall-mounted flatscreen tv's (in bedroom with internet terminal not quite working, other with bad signal reception, March 2011), 2 comfortable double beds with clean new sheets, no bed bugs. New furniture, nice fittings, plentiful windows with robust/secure fly screens. Power points are multi-adapter fittings. Free internet pc also in the hallway outside room. Relatively quiet area (no traffic noise) but noisy stray dogs some nights, beyond hotel’s control (travel India with earplugs!).

Large gorgeous bathroom with private balcony, western style toilet (pre-sanitised), windows, good ventilation fan, large “rain” shower head, glass shower screen. Hot water not very efficient, slow and luke-warm.

No restaurant (March 2011), so 3 minute transport provided free to Peacock restaurant at Pearl Palace hotel. Good value meals catering to western taste, power socket, clean toilet, wonderful views from its multi-level rooftops and well decorated with plants and ornaments. Outdoor floor deck washed regularly. Note occasional hand-written bills, supposed to be register printed. Relaxing atmosphere + great sanctuary regardless!

Owner personally tries to attend to any issues, with genuine commitment to ensuring a pleasant stay. Example: Bedroom’s wired internet terminal temporarily not working so owner supplied his personal laptop to borrow! Staff service was also better than average for this budget range. Minor security concern was staff twice unlocked our shared balcony window without notification or consent.

Overall, best (superior) interior, cleanest room, best (sister) hotel restaurant and best owner interaction/support/service out of 10 northern India hotels we experienced in this price category. (We did encounter better staff service, landscape view, hot water system elsewhere tho).

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2011

We recently stayed at the new Pearl Palace Heritage and were more than pleased! It is a lovely, comfortable and welcoming oasis in the Jaipur jungle. Owner Mr. Singh is a star, he and his staff genuinely care for their guests and it shows in everything they do. We had our meals at the original Pearl Palace, which is really for a younger crowd, but lots of fun nonetheless. Think of the Pearl Palace Heritage as a grown-up version of the original--for those who appreciate comfort, space and above all great service.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Pearl Palace Heritage is a beautiful place to stay with the artistic and tastefull heritage furnishing, it is perfectly clean and quiet, and the rooms are large and comfortable providing all you need, as for instance pc, television, safe. You feel welcome by the friendly and helpfull staff, the beautiful vessels with fresh flowers on water in the corridors, the optimum roomservice and management.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo