“Truly excellent”

All Seasons Homestay Jaipur
Ranked #2 of 519 Jaipur B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights at the end of February as part of a one month trip travelling in India. I stayed in a deluxe room on the ground floor. During my time in India I stayed in 4 star hotels, top rated homestays, and top rated havelis. All Seasons was far superior to them all and a fraction of the cost. I would have paid double the amount charged and still felt I had an amazing deal.

If you read back through to the start of the reviews you’ll see why. They all say the same things and my experience was no different – everything including bedlinen and towels were spotlessly clean and fresh, my room had beautiful décor and furnishings (the photos don’t do them justice), lots of space and storage, a large shower stall in the bathroom so the bathroom floor isn’t like a paddling pool for the rest of the day!, piping hot water whenever needed, powerful shower, excellent homecooked food and at a very reasonable price considering the high standard and variety of dishes I tasted (Ranjana is a brilliant cook). The little side garden outside the room was so peaceful and pleasant to sit in. The location is very quiet yet within easy reach of the centre - I walked to the city gates most days and I’m 60 and not particularly fit. There are lots of tuk tuks at the end of the road if needed and Ranjana advises how much it is reasonable to pay for any journeys you make. They arranged collection from the bus station and, when I left, took me to the train station having provided me with food for my journey, and ensured I had a porter to get me to my seat.

My hosts Ranjana and Dinesh were the icing on the cake. As other reviews have said, they are genuinely kind, warmhearted and thoughtful, as well as being lots of fun and interesting to talk to. Staying there gave me an insight into the day to day working life of them and their 2 children, and talking with them gave me an insight and great respect for their values and approach to life. They were kind enough to take me to places I wouldn’t have seen as a tourist and there’s not enough space here to record the many other things they did to make my visit unforgettable. They truly are wonderful hosts and they do it all with a sense of humour, grace and openness. They made me feel at home and part of the family but I also had my privacy if I wanted it. I’m a cynical Londoner and I’m not easily moved to tears but I cried when I said goodbye because it was like leaving a close relative or best friend. I plan to travel to India again next year and will visit Jaipur solely to meet Ranjana and Dinesh again. I can wholeheartedly recommend All Seasons.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank gnhrmd

Reviewed February 9, 2012

my partner alexandra and i stayed with ranjana and dinesh along with members of their family on two visits to jaipur recently,firstly we stayed there for 4 nights to view the local attractions and to relax at their home which is a piece of bliss within any city.Their rooms are immaculate and tastefully decorated,we stayed in most of the rooms as we turned up without advance booking the first time,they done all and more than expected to try and accommodate us.All the rooms are spotless and it is on a side lane so there is no noise. They are eager and happy to try to please,their food is authentic which for us is great to experience,i don't recall eating western food there but am sure they can accommodate with some dishes if preferred.We recommend this place above any hotel as you have a personal caring touch and your rooms actually are cosy with a feel good factor unlike many hotels. neil and alex

Room Tip: two rooms at back share some garden space
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hornycricket
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Jaipur is always a preferred location to get away from the hustle and bustle of Delhi. As it is, I have never preferred staying in high end properties because of my kids for whom, it is more important to be themselves, be at ease and potentially spend the course of their day not very differently from their city life, however sightseeing and getting some experienc of the charmed Rajasthan life included. I have stayed in multiple hotels, B&B's, heritage properties in Jaipur and All Seasons Homestay has been by far the most fulfilling experience. I took the Super-deluxe room, and the kids had a blast enjoying the sun in the small but charming park next to the room. Having fresh paranthas under the winter son in a small garden in itself was an experience which we don't get to cherish in Delhi. Rooms are clean, the room is a mix of modern and Rajasthani culture, adequate space for holding your luggage as well as a huge cupboard. The owners, the Goels, Ranjana, Dinesh and his sister are always available to assist. The fact is that my kids got the home food which creates so much of an issue whenever we travel and I assume would be till they are small. And let me say that the food preparation is delicious and would remind you of your own home. There is no fixed menu, hence you can always tell them if you want something specific to be cooked. However, food is charged over and above your room tariff, which is very competitive. I would say if they put in a bigger LCD TV and throw in a couple of DVDs it would be create an ideal family stay. The location of the place is fairly central, near to the bustling MI road, so don't worry on reaching they key places in Jaipur. All in all, we had fun.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2012

All Seasons Homestay in Jaipur is a wonderful place to stay. Good and clean big rooms with air condition. Location was good and quite and peaceful .The food served was very good and hygienic eventhough the price is little bit high. The owner provided with the free pick up from the railway station. Overall it is worth for money.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2012

This place was the best hotel we stayed during our trip in India. It was very clean, very quiet, peaceful and nicely decorated, comfortable place. The owner of the hotel, Madame Ranjana is a lovely person. She is very responsive person. The breakfast was very good. I would stay in this place if I go the Jaipur again. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We arrived at Jaipur and looking for place to stay and chanced upon the banner on a road side for a home stay . We though instead of a hotel why not a home stay for a change . This place look pleasant with the garden patch on the front . The room we were given clean ,we were given the option of eating home looked meals which we did try and found it to be ok , through for a non –veg dish we have o informed them prior to the dinner time . There was just one setback . We were not informed that there are power cuts every morning and got up after nine am to find no electricity and no hot water . Taking a cold shower was not all appealing though of course coming to know about daily power cuts later we make sure to take our shower before 9 am .

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Our stay at this place was extremely comfortable and homely. Ranjana and family extended a very warm welcome and ensured that all our needs were met with. It is a home away from home and we had a wonderful family taking care of us! It is a perfect place to stay for families with young children. Good home made food, great people and a lovely home to stay is indeed the key to a perfect vacation ... and that's what All season's homestay is all about! I will strongly recommend this place to all those who plan to visit Jaipur... it is the best!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family