Rajputana Guest House Jaipur
$38
Agoda.com
$389
  • Pool
All reviewswelcoming familytuk tuktrain stationoccasional traincup of masala chaihome from homehot waterthe main tourist attractionshouse is beautifulcooking lessonliving roomother guestscouple of nightsspent nightsgreat hospitalityrooms are spaciouscomfortable stay
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a couple of nights at the Rajputana and had an amazing time. Our host was hugely hospitable and helpful. Our room was comfy and clean. The bathroom was spotless and had hot water. The guesthouse is a few kilometres from the train station and old city (not walking distance), but it is easily accessible by auto or taxi. We had delicious breakfasts on the roof terrace and home-cooked dinner was also available. I would highly recommend Rajputana for those looking for a comfortable, relaxing and friendly place to stay.

1  Thank sophwild
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is, by far, the best place we've stayed in India. With generous people that make you feel at home. KP helps with every problem/question you might have and explains the best ways around Jaipur, he gives map of the city and tells you the fares. It's like a tourist information.
The house is spotless with many places to relax. Our room was spacious and clean, but we have seen others, also and all of them were like that. KP's family puts a lot of effort to keep the house tidy. We had many meals at KP's dinning room - fresh and delicious every time.
KP's homestay excels when most of them fall short and that's an atmosphere. That's important, because you can recharge your batteries after intense travelling and KP's place is perfect to do just that - RELAX!

1  Thank Tomasz C
Reviewed November 9, 2013

KP and his whole family are amazing. They made us feel welcome and we had so much fun with them. Whenever we had any questions KP was always there to help. The room was spacious and there is a lot of space around the house to just relax. We had dinner at the house almost every night and it was always delicious, one of the best we had in India. The whole house is spotless, so much cleaner that other places we visited. We loved it so much we didn't want to leave!! I really hope that we will have a chance to come back in a future and see KP, his sisters and parents again.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This guest house /homestay was our best find in India. In fact we still rave about it now to other people. The family are so lovely,genuine helpful and caring. The rooms/bathrooms are spotless with lovely bedlinen and soft towels, no dull grey white here, which makes me think others in India just can't be bothered and are just interested in a quick buck. The food cooked by the family is out of this world and very reasonably priced portions are huge, we eat in the dining room as we were the only ones staying at the time. On arrival kp gives you a map highlighting all the sights in Jaipur and explains how to get there. He will also call tuk tuks for you telling you the price to pay,he also told us all about how they bought the land for this home and how they have improved it over time. And as for the trains yes, they are there and you can hear them,but this is India and i'm sure some properties in parts of the uk have the same problem, we found it to be rather amusing and so do the family and my husband recorded the sound of one to show people when we are home, they never kept us awake at night even with the window open.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've slept in a lot of guesthouses and believe me this is the only one where we had the feeling of belonging to the family!!! They are extremely friendly and will help you with whatever problem you may have. They will arrange transport from the railwaystation, they will arrange rikshaws for your ventures into the city. Breakfast is heavenly. I expect lunch and dinner to be as good. Rooms are clean and you have shower and european toilet. You eat on the rooftop or if need be in their own diningroom. They will help you to arrange daytrips. Wifi and laundryservice are available. But I cannot stress the kindness of this family enough it was for me and is their biggest asset. It was my girlfriend's birthday when we stayed there and they arranged a small birthdayparty with cake, some brandy, soda's and they joined in. we talked about India and Europe a very nice evening. Really when I think about it I still get tears in my eyes that we had to leave so soon... The mother of the house speaks some english but she actually behaves as my grandma always willing to help, blessing you before you go to sleep or when you leave, always interested in how your day was... This truly is a home away from home especially if you are travelling for some time and need some time to rest en enjoy the warmth of a family. Despite everything there are two small downsides: the location is a little out of the centre of jaipur and you need a rickshaw to get to the centre (15min) AND there is a traincrossing nearby so 100 times a day you hear the sound of passing trains and their horns as they pass the crossing. At first a was afraid I'd wake up at night from the noise but even without earplugs I slept like a baby. But despite this I think I should obligate everyone to go there because I know you WILL love it!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends