“Had an amazing time!”

Hotel Vimal Heritage
Ranked #28 of 494 Jaipur B&B and Inns
“Had an amazing time!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Located in a quite street away vimal hotel was just what we were looking for. With a warm and attentive service, great room service menu and clean and cosy rooms our stay was beyond great. We sent laundry that came back clean and on time, and pranati, the owner gave us great tips for shopping places. The relaxing garden and sweet balcony were a fantastic addition

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We really loved this place. The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was utterly uplifting. The whole place and the rooms were colourful, dinky and charming. It's been done up in a way that's unique and with imagination and attention to detail. They put together a great show for us for NYE as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eleni K
San Francisco
Reviewed January 12, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for 2 nights while embarking on our journey through Rajasthan. After a full day of travel from southern India, we made it to Jaipur and our travel guide/driver took us to Vimal Heritage. Since we were a late evening arrival, the hotel made arrangements so we would be comfortable checking in later. Harry, the GM, greeted us when we arrived and they checked us in quickly. He also allowed us to order food from the kitchen so we could get a good dinner before it closed, and they brought it to the room.

Since we were there in January, it was quite cold in Jaipur at night. They have space heaters in the room and extra blankets, but expect cold feet and hands, esp in the bathroom. Bathroom was spacious and clean with good running hot water. Breakfast in the restaurant was a little limited - only a few western and indian food options, but still decent. They have good masala chai tea (the coffee is instant...beware caffeine addicts). Dinner is great - dal makhani is superb!

Overall, a great hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank akmarshall7
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel is fantastic, stay here! Everything is fab, service, food, decor - lovely hotel with fantastic staff. Expected Judi Dench to walk in at any moment. Roof terrace with great views, hand painted walls, great bedrooms....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Burleigh Heads, Australia
Reviewed January 7, 2013

An amazing hotel and amazing people running it. Made me feel so comfortable. Firstly - great room (only down side was I was right next to reception and one of the guests decided to use the phone at 5am in the morning outside my room - but they did move him on when they realised he woke me up) Best bed in india - comfortable and soft. Water pressure was good and the room was so large I actually had a living room area as well! I loved the bed spread - I wanted one for myself to take home so they directed me to local shops where I could get it alot cheaper than where the guide wanted to take me (always beware of the guides wanting to take you shopping they get commission) The pool was beautiful in the middle of the complex really a very different place to stay and so worth it. I wish I could have stayed longer. I actually got the flu when I arrived and I was feeling really unwell. The family went out and got me medicine, gave me ginger and honey tea (really yummy actually) in the afternoon, and when I came home from a wedding that evening they gave me more and then also made sure when I woke up the next morning they had some bought to me in my room. amazing! Also I really hope that they have the tomato and cheese dish for breakfast when you are there it was just so tasty. Really enjoyed this hotel and would have no problems going back again.

Room Tip: Probably ask for any room but the one next too reception.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed January 6, 2013

After reading the reviews , we 2 families with kids decided to book the hotel for 3 nights for New Year celebrations . But after these 3 nights , I will not recommend this heritage hotel for few things. Let me talk about the pros and then will talk about cons.

Pros.
- A beautiful heritage hotel with clean and spacious rooms.
- A small swimming pool and nice outside lawn
- Courteous staff

Cons

- There ''world class'' hot water system fails miserably if someone in any of the rooms turn the knob to the middle .(Never heard and seen such systems). It delayed our plans for checkout on 2nd January . Had to order hot water tubs for bath !! . There hot water was not available for 2-3 hours .

- The New Year Gala Dinner was not at all GALA, the snacks were McCain ready to eat products , What a shame ! . The drinks were brands like Blender, Kingfisher !, The main course was 3 veg dishes 2 non veg dishes

- The breakfast was too basic. Neither Indian Nor British or American. It was only Porridge, Toast, Omelette and Upma/Poha . There were no Parathans or Cutlets, or Mushrooms or Tomatoes, forget the sausages etc. Imagine eating same breakfast for 3 days !!

Overall, it was not a value for money at all for us. The new year Gala Dinner was complete let down for the money paid. The hot water solar system was pathetic. The breakfast was very basic.

Will recommend only for the rooms nothing else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Anurag0
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Staying in that hotel was like being in a little maharaja palace. The place is wonderfully decorated, and during our month in India, we have not met a friendlier staff ever.
The first time we stayed, we had the room on the 1st floor, with the terrace. The hotel manager told us it was its favorite, even if not the bigger. We sure believe him.
On our way back from our tour in Rajasthan, we stopped a 2nd time: our room had a little boudoir behind colored curtains.
The hotel has a business room with access to a computer and a printer. There is also wifi accessible from any place in the hotel, including the rooms.

Room Tip: the room on first floor with the terrace
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple