“nyc place to stay in jaipur”

Devraj Niwas (Stay Well Planted)
Ranked #80 of 383 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed August 19, 2013

devraj niwas is located very close to the city, its a nyc place to stay.. makes you feel close to the nature.
the private space outside every room makes it unique from others.will also appreciate the restaurant in the hotel. its beautiful ambiance makes it a must visit place
will surely recommend the property.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank adilshareef
Maniesh2010, Owner at Devraj Niwas (Stay Well Planted), responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for sparing your valuable time and sharing your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Devraj Niwas. Your Feedback is a source of motivation to the entire team. We are glad that we had an opportunity to serve you. We will continue to make every effort to make your and your friends future stay memorable. We look forward to serve you again.

Maniesh Devraj

There are newer reviews for Devraj Niwas (Stay Well Planted)

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were not in-house with them. We just went to enjoy their open air bar and restaurant. Loved the ambience but to my surprise I was not being managed properly.. We preferred sitting on the couches under the shade and ordered for some starters and drinks. The moment we began to relax over the couches, I saw a big lizard on the top of my head. Gosh it was crawling on the shade. We requested the staff to change our place but they were quite unfriendly and kept explaining that it would not fall as if it was a pet to them. We moved to another seating forcefully and their again I saw a lizard on the pole. That was enough to drive me mad. Not arguing with those fellows anymore we moved to the restaurant. The guys in the restaurant were the most inhospitable guys I have ever seen. It took ages for them to get us the food that we ordered since they could not manage the over crowded bar and restaurant. And in the end the brownie that I ordered was also burnt from one side. Over all it was my worst experience ever.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Uneet

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments, we are extremely sorry to hear your bad experience during your stay at Devraj Niwas.

We have noted your complaints and will definately look into the same. We once again apologise on my personal behalf and from the complete team of Devraj Niwas.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed in Devraj Niwas for the long weekend in August (9-11 August 2013). We found the rooms very comfortable, especially the bed, and tastefully decorated. We particularly liked the light in the rooms (not stark at all) and the green surroundings, with a small private garden at the front and a sunlit small private area next to the bathroom with a beautiful big pot plant. The service was also excellent, with the staff accommodating our every need very quickly and efficiently, whilst always being polite and very friendly. The restaurant and bar at the hotel were also very good - it was nice to come home and have a drink in a beautiful garden bar, lit up by lamps and tea lights.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SarahNause

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is the most comfortable hotel that I stayed during my triangle trip in north India. I like the small space outside each room so I can read and relax in open air. Rooms are well immersed in the green planted all over the hotel area. The interior of the room is of normal wooden style without decorations - clean and minimal. This is probably not favoured by fans of 'heritage' hotels. Food is delicious. Service is good. Swimming pool needs clean, though.

The wireless was the only pity I would say. The connection was not stable even I stayed outside the room. Even you have good signal, there seemed to be bottleneck upstream. I could only properly use it for Skype around the lunch time. At peak hours, their staff tried to solve my need of online check-in finally by using the computer at the reception.

My room 201 is exactly as shown on the feature photo. It's directly behind the restaurant area but during my stay I didn't find it noisy inside the room. I think the double layer glass window does a good job.

I didn't have warm water for shower but it was not a problem given the hot weather.

Room Tip: Ask for previewing the room before check-in. There are quieter rooms facing the opposite side of the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank burkeker

Dear Guest,

Based on your feedback, we have upgraded our WIFI system and hope now the guest will enjoy surfing net.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is a small place in manic Jaipur. Good gardens. Rooms are nice if not great. Front desk needs to smile more. Restaurant is great & is frequented by even the locals for a meal. It is advisable to make a reservation on weekends even if you are a hotel guest. Should provide car cleaning service as many people just drive down from Delhi, I had a good experience though during the stay and also at dinner. Food is great by the way and so is breakfast.

I would stay again.

Room Tip: Take rooms facing away from the restaurant.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnkitSaini
Maniesh2010, Manager at Devraj Niwas (Stay Well Planted), responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for sharing your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Devraj Niwas.

We are glad that we had an opportunity to serve you. We look forward to serve you again.

Best regards

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The restaurant was rather pricey, however the taste was superb. There was a nice array of foods for breakfast.

Only downside was the pool was really small. The wait staff never waited outside the room and didn't value privacy.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ejstrong

Dear Guest,

Upon your response, we have instructed the service staff to be more patient and wait for the guest instructions.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My friends and I stayed at Devraj Niwas for three nights while we visited Jaipur. Not a bad place to stay, but the service and quality of facilities were a mixed bag.

Upon arrival, we checked into two rooms, one of which had a very strong smell of cigarettes. We called the front desk to request a new room because of allergies and were told that we could not be accommodated because they were fully booked, even though we were told these were non-smoking rooms. It took a lot of complaining on our part to finally get someone to understand how bad the issue was, and they managed to get us into another room.

The accommodations were good, and for the price we paid, I was very satisfied. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean, and there was plenty of space for two people to move around in. We had Wi-Fi to an extent, but it was not reliable. The major issue with the rooms was the lack of toilet paper - seriously!! It was embarrassing to constantly have to ask the front desk for more toilet paper. I have to assume it's a cultural thing, because other places we visited throughout the country didn't necessarily have it, either. But it definitely was awkward after 3 days of phone calls to the front desk -- the miniature rolls that they bring didn't last very long!

The restaurant served a good breakfast buffet, and we also had a nice dinner there on our first night. The staff that worked there were good, too - especially the manager. He ended up being our saving grace throughout our stay; when he had issues getting help from the front desk staff, we got him involved and he showed us some true customer service.

Overall, the stay was fine, and I have no other hotels in Jaipur to compare my experience with. Not sure I would stay here again, though, and that is primarily because of the lack of customer service from the front desk staff. The gentlemen that worked it did not go out of their way to show good customer service when issues arose during our stay, and it caused some unnecessary stress on my friends and me. Thank goodness for a really kind and helpful manager that helped set things right - it just shouldn't have taken so much effort on our part to get him involved to correct a situation.

Room Tip: Request a room that doesn't face the outdoor bar/restaurant area if you need to get some good sl...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Devraj Niwas. We have also noted your complaint/suggestions regarding the staffs attitude and have taken corrective measures to improve upon our services. Your Feedback is a source of motivation to the team.

We are glad that we had the opportunity to serve you and look forward to serve you again.