Nahargarh Haveli
  • Room Service
Ratan Niwas(Jaipur)
  • Restaurant
1,735 results
All reviewspuppet showrooftop restauranthotel manager mrresidential arearecommend this hoteldelicious foodhot watertwo nightsvalue for moneyneat and clean roomsquiet streetrailway stationgolden trianglevery pleasant stayexcellent hotelenjoyed my staythe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Attentive and very helpful staff. Extremely handy rooftop restaurant that serves delicious and inexpensive food. Tucked away but only a short and cheap rickshaw ride to main inner city sights. Suites are spacious while deluxe rooms are more modest size but fine. Pleasant stay with no hassles.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Travelgirllj
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I had a fantastic stay at Nahargarh Haveli. The hotel I originally wasn't very nice, so my driver took me here. The gentleman who runs the place was very nice and clearly wanted to make my stay pleasant. He asked for my feedback and checked to make sure my stay was pleasant. Clearly he is interested in the constant improvement of his hotel.

The room was beautiful, the staff was attentive and breakfast, and rooftop restaurant were all excellent.

A great hotel at an excellent price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nick C
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for two nights. The room and bathroom were both spacious, clean and comfort. The staff at the reception, restaurants and room service were all cordial and with good will to assist. The hotel's location is not close to the main tourist attractions but rickshaw or taxi are always available. Breakfast was tasty and rich. Nice place that gives you comfort feeling and definitely good value for the cost.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nmerhavi
Reviewed February 5, 2013

What a great hotel. Tidy rooms and a great rooftop terrace. Service is excellent here. The manager Mr Sher Singh was extremely helpful to me at all times. You are never pushed to visit commission shops, just well looked after by excellent staff with good recommendations when needed. I've read other reviews that note the location as an issue but it didn't inconvenience me one bit. Auto-rickshaws are at the ready for a quick trip to wherever you want to go. I would definitely return for the great service at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank LockieCurran
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was the first time we completely went with the reviews on Tripadvisor and booked 2 days nights stay at this property. Have read several reviews and still keep on reading but honestly my wife and I are not at all satisfied. Below are the reasons which will justify whatever I said.

Cons
-Difficult approach. It is not directly accessible. It lies in some colony among the other residentials. The only way to out on the main road is to go in a vehicle or walk for 5 mins and then you are able to come to the main road.
-We booked Mayuri Suite, i.e. Room #101 which is supposed to be the most luxurious room of the hotel. Apart from all the lovely decorations around the peacock it really did not have the feel of a suite. Everything available in the room was basic which was also there is other rooms too.
-Basically no ventilation. We had to switch on the exhaust in the bathroom to make the air flow.
-No heaters in the room.
-The roof-top is not that cleanly maintained.
-Waiters/attendants or service people always seem to be worn out and tired. Finding a smile on their face will get you Olympics medal.
-As portrayed with the hotel's literature Nahargarh Fort is not what you can see and enjoy. It really is miles away and you really would find it difficult to enjoy seeing the fort while enjoying the coffee on the roof-top.
-Hot water is not available all the times. It is available only from 6 am to 10 am. After that its on demand and of course it takes time.
-Using a computer is chargeable. What if I do not have a device and I want a urgent print out.
-The owner Sher Singh and the managers are very professional with the money matters. They are not at all flexible and strictly go by their policies.

Pros
-Rooms are peaceful.
-Check-in was fast.
-Hot-water kettle and all stuff to make coffee and tea was available in the room.
-Lovely traditional decoration all around the room and everywhere in the hotel.
-Beautiful entrance to the hotel.
-Good spread and choices in breakfast.
-Spacious room and bathroom. I simply loved the huge bathroom.
-Good room-service and huge menu with lots of variety. Continental, Chinese, Indian, Non-veg, etc., everything is available.
-Food is delicious and you would simply love to keep on eating.
-The owner Mr. Sher Singh is quite knowledgeable and guides you perfectly through your stay and sight-seeing with ideas and his experience.
-Wi-fi available. Tough I haven't used it I wonder if it works fine or not.

I won't be completely biased on any side. Still I would always ask you to reconsider and rethink if you are choosing this property to stay. They are many more around.

Room Tip: Do not go for any suite. Try getting a room on the second floor. Roof-top food must try.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple