“Welcoming and friendly staff”
Review of Nahargarh Haveli

Nahargarh Haveli
Ranked #9 of 383 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Thankfully Nahargarh Haveli offers a free pickup from the train station, useful when you arrive at 7am on the overnight train and are followed through the station by the pushy taxi peddlers, a bonus was being able to check into our room when we got to the hotel 10min later. Rooms are fresh, comfy and clean as are the bathrooms which also have plenty of hot water. Rooftop restaurant serves a good range of quality veg and non-veg meals and a tuk-tuk to some of the other western favourites on MI Road is around 60-100 rupees depending on your negotiation skills.

Staff are the asset here; the drivers, reception staff and the GM himself Sher Singh. All speak good English are friendly, helpful and concerned that you get the most out of your visit to Jaipur.

It’s well worth getting the hotel to hire a driver for the day and visit the forts in AC comfort and if you have time and some of the more remote, and less touristy, fabric and jewellery wholesalers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CarlosUK
There are newer reviews for Nahargarh Haveli

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed at the Nahargarh Haveli for three nights. The hotel arranged to pick us up from the bus station, and were very efficient at finding us amongst the hustle and bustle. Upon arrival we found that we had been upgraded to a larger room.

The room itself was large - with a comfortable bed and good air conditioning.

The hotel is clean and well maintained. The location seems a little out of the way, but taxi and tuk tuk drivers had little problem finding the place.

Above all, the staff were extremely pleasant and friendly. The manager was extremely patient and accommodating in everything from ordering taxis to helping us research our later travel plans.

The restaurant serves good, plain Indian food - we tried a number of vegetarian options and all were tasty.

Overall this is a well run and organised hotel, even if the location prohibits you from walking to the Old City or other tourist sites.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank sebcameron
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here with a friend for two nights while in jaipur. The manager was very helpful in organsing our sightseeing trips and the staff were very friendly and hardworking. Acknowledging your presence everytime and asking you how you were. The dinner setting on the rooftop provided a relaxed setting for dinner of a high standard offering indian and international cuisine with authentic rajasthani entertainment.

The rooms were very clean and modern with a fridge, lcd tv and a bathroom which would not be out of place in a large hotel chain

Overall very pleased with service and room faciltiies and the manager's accomodating nature to any reasonable requests you may have. Highly recommend it at the price! Close to station and the old city

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Shamit N
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nahargarh Haveli is a bit hard to find (at least for my driver, who had the ironic name "Mr. Lucky"). It's in a side street just off a major thoroughfare and behind a couple of large corporate buildings. The hotel is pleasant on the outside and even more pleasant inside. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The manager, who I had corresponded with on email, greeted me like an old friend. He made various arrangements for me: a car and driver and a tour guide, and a driver to take me to Bundi the next day. He also offered some very good advice.

The hotel is very clean. Spotless. My room (101) was large, with a bed that had an elaborate peacock headboard. The bathroom was almost as big as the room and fitted with thoroughly modern fixtures. The tub was so nice I actually had a bath instead of a shower.

There was only one window in the room, and that was in the door that led out onto the very small balcony. I didn't even notice the room had a window for a while because it was hidden behind a curtain in the corner. Since there is no view I never pulled the curtain. Having the window shut kept things quiet (Indian cities are constantly alive with the sound of car horns) and free of dust. The air conditioning combined with the ceiling fan made the room delightfully cool (it was 36 celsius outside).

Room service was quick (but then the only thing I ordered was bottled water). Breakfast was buffet-style on the first floor. The selection but fine by me: eggs, toast, a vegetable curry and flatbread, cereal, fruit, tea. The hotel has an open-air restaurant on the top floor that is quite nice, even romantic. The food was good and reasonably priced, and there were musicians. It was a kick to hear them do a Bangra version of "The Macarena."

Hotel wifi was good and there were a lot of channels on the in-room TV.

All in all, the hotel was great. Clean, quiet, and helpful. It is conveniently close to the train station.

I would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank budra
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I had never been to Jaipur before, I was – naturally - unfamiliar with the city, and, after reading some comments and reviews on TripAdvisor and other sites, I eventually chose the Nahargarh Haveli.

The hotel is situated in a quiet area, a few hundred meters from Mirza Ismail Road.
I booked a Deluxe room for my 4-day stay in September, and I was given room 208.

The room was spacious, nicely decorated and perfectly clean. The bathroom was spotless.
Hot water was always available, and I don't remember experiencing any power cut.
All staff members whom, for various reasons, I had the opportunity to speak with, were particularly cordial, efficient and professional.

The Manager, Mr. Sher Singh, is very nice person, who helped me make the most out of my first visit ever to the city by arranging a car tour with a guide. The tour in question was reasonably priced and included all major attractions.

For work-related reasons, I need to connect my laptop to the Internet several hours a day, and it goes without saying that the complimentary in-room Wi-Fi access was useful.

The laundry service was inexpensive and fast; my clothes were collected in the morning and returned 8-9 hours later, in the evening.

I'm adding this information for those who may need to withdraw cash with an international (non-Indian) ATM card: there's an ATM that accepts Cirrus cards just 150 meters from the hotel.

Should I return to Jaipur in the future, I would definitely stay at the Nahargarh Haveli again.
I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank DARYLTRN
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I spent two happy days here as the place was fairly clean and well done up. On the second day I asked for my room to be cleaned and specified that nothing should be removed from the table. In the evening I came back to my room to find some papers missing. These were my daily account of the time spent on my holiday and expenditures. It may not be important for the staff but for me it was the logbook of m holiday. I called the reception for an explanation and after a while a room boy appeared and he seemed totally unconcerned which was annoying. Inspite of what happened a heart felt apology would have done but for the uncaring attitude of the staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rachita v
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Booked this hotel last minute based on good reviews of hospitality and cleanliness and this was certainly the case!! Was greeted with a very warm welcome, rooms were clean and beds were extremely comfortable, the interior decoration is fantastic and the food was amazing!! We stayed for 2 nights and would recommend this hotel to anyone, they will also organise trips out around the palaces, as my dad was driving we had a personal guide who spoke good English and it was fantastic and he stayed with us until 9pm no complaints and did not rush us!! Therefore £20 a night in a deluxe room with breakfast included...truly good value for money I will be coming back here with my other half sometime soon :-)

• Stayed: September 2012