“Excellent hotel for family stay”
Review of Hotel Maya Niwas

Hotel Maya Niwas
Ranked #87 of 380 Hotels in Jaipur
Jaipur
“Excellent hotel for family stay”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I and my family stayed in Maya Niwas between 12th Oct to 15th Oct, and were very satisfied with the facilities provided. This place is 15 minutes travel from the railway station . All the city sites, and the market are also located near by.

The rooms and bathroom are clean and well kept.The Hotel food is good and rates are very reasonable.The staff was and the receptionist was very helpful. In all a good value for money. All the best & Keep up the good work folks.

• Stayed October 2013
Arjunjaipur, Owner at Hotel Maya Niwas, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very gracious review.

All of us at hotel maya niwas are indebted to you for such warm praise. It is our company's ethos to ensure that guests feel at home and leave from our hotel with enrichened memories.

It was a pleasure having you and the family stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home in the jaipur

Best regards,
Arjun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
delhi
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great atmosphere, wonderful staff and service, Highly recommend staying here while in Jaipur, will make your experience of the city even better! , it's amazing value for money and the hotel decor is quirky, original and authentic.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
mayaniwas, Owner at Hotel Maya Niwas, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for writing such confidence building words for us. Looking forward for your next visit .
Jodhpur City, Rajasthan, India
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel is definitely a good value for the price paid to stay.It is located in the premium tourist location .Offers good and friendly service,secure environment (especially if u r a women and travelling alone),neat and clean and beautifully decorated rooms,many services like yoga/massage therapist and many more things to look upto.
I stay there every month for a week or so and have never been disappointed in any regards. the rooms are spacious and are cleaned every morning.

Room Tip: the suite rooms are also offered on very affordable prices.Rooms towards the road with windows offer...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Pooja M
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in March this year.
The hotel is slightly off the main tourist area of Jaipur. That means, you cannot walk anywhere and food is difficult to find nearby. We had a hired car waiting on us, so it was not a problem for us.
The hotel was new and clean and was tastefully decorated, something that you don't find often in this price range in India. WiFi was charged but worked well. Reception was polite and spoke quite good English.
When we requested for cabs to take us to the train station, they arranged the cabs, and did not make a commission out of it.
Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jena, Germany
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel made a good impression from outside with its paintings which was repeated in the room we rent. After negotiations due to low season and a stay over 5 days we could afford even the suite room which was spacious, well equipped and quite clean. Room cleaning was offered every morning. A daily newspaper is available on request. You hear the traffic noise in a distance which is therefore not that disturbing. Some shops for everyday needs are very close. The old (pink) city can be reached by auto-rickshaw within 10 to 15 minutes for 70 Rupees (don't pay 100 as demanded). The hotel serves 3 choices of indian or continental breakfast in your room. We had delicious dinner in the nearby (5 minutes walk) Peacock roof-top restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and was disappointed. The place has loads of potential but falls short. It is a new, modern hotel but has little character, which is fine. I liked the hotel but the clientele were mostly Indians arriving late at night and making a lot of noise. When I asked the staff to please quiet them they did nothing.

My observations of India this time around is there are many more Indians travelling due to a burgeoning middle class and they like modern, flash hotels. My voice are home stays and hotels with character but I was not able to get a room at the pearl palace where my other friends were staying; so a few of us ended booking this hotel right down the street. The pearl palace would of been my choice oozing character, which Indians seem to avoid.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
mayaniwas, Owner at Hotel Maya Niwas, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest !!!
It was very disappointing to note that you were not happy with the hotel , We try a lot to satisfy the guest but unfortunately it was not the case with you
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2013

To start with I will say that the rooms are nicely appointed and tastefully decorated. They were "cleanish", in that when you walk in the room, the rooms look ok. Just don't look under the beds or anywhere less obvious. The cleaners here obviously don't go looking for dirt!!! However, my main issue with this hotel was the poor quality of the service. The day after I moved into the first room I stayed in, 2 pidgeons were trapped in a small ledge outside the window. I asked the management to see if they could remove the birds as they were unable to get out. Finally, one of the staff did come and managed to get them out. However, it soon occurred to me that this was an ongoing problem and requested that they block the ledge to prevent more birds from getting trapped, especially as on closer inspection of the ledge, there was already one dead bird in the ledge, slowly decaying. They did not seem interested in finding a solution and instead were just interested in a "quick fix" i.e. ideally removing me or as a last resort, removing the two trapped birds. The next morning I woke to find my floor covered in maggots - literally hundreds of them. This time I asked them to clean the floor and remove the dead bird (from which they were coming). They did, but again did not seem too keen to actually address the issue, but rather just provide another 'quick fix'. The next morning I still had maggots in my room and a foul smell. This time they decided it was easier to just move me to another room, which I did. Only this time they put me in a room on the ground floor with an unlockable window. As a single woman (or anyone for that matter) I did not feel this was safe and requested they come and fix the lock. Whilst the management did respond to each of these issues eventually they did so rather reluctantly and each time seemed intent on finding the fastest "quick fix" rather than actually addressing the underlying issues. Basically I got the impression they really did not care and only attend to things when it's demanded of them. The hotel is also very noisy and seems to attract a lot of noisy Indian guests who have little regard for anyone else in the hotel, leaving their doors open, shouting across corridors, children running around playing loudly at all hours. Again, when I raised this with the management they did not seem to care less. A shame really, as this hotel has lots of potential which I think is let down by the poor quality of the management and staff, who seem to see guests as a burden that just get in the way. I would not stay here again and I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
mayaniwas, Owner at Hotel Maya Niwas, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
We Are sorry if your stay was disappointing , we will try and improve .
Thanks