“Nice Budget Option”
Review of Hotel Maya Niwas

Hotel Maya Niwas
Ranked #77 of 411 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in March this year.
The hotel is slightly off the main tourist area of Jaipur. That means, you cannot walk anywhere and food is difficult to find nearby. We had a hired car waiting on us, so it was not a problem for us.
The hotel was new and clean and was tastefully decorated, something that you don't find often in this price range in India. WiFi was charged but worked well. Reception was polite and spoke quite good English.
When we requested for cabs to take us to the train station, they arranged the cabs, and did not make a commission out of it.
Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
mayaniwas, Owner at Hotel Maya Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for writing such confidence building words for us. Looking forward for your next visit .

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel made a good impression from outside with its paintings which was repeated in the room we rent. After negotiations due to low season and a stay over 5 days we could afford even the suite room which was spacious, well equipped and quite clean. Room cleaning was offered every morning. A daily newspaper is available on request. You hear the traffic noise in a distance which is therefore not that disturbing. Some shops for everyday needs are very close. The old (pink) city can be reached by auto-rickshaw within 10 to 15 minutes for 70 Rupees (don't pay 100 as demanded). The hotel serves 3 choices of indian or continental breakfast in your room. We had delicious dinner in the nearby (5 minutes walk) Peacock roof-top restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and was disappointed. The place has loads of potential but falls short. It is a new, modern hotel but has little character, which is fine. I liked the hotel but the clientele were mostly Indians arriving late at night and making a lot of noise. When I asked the staff to please quiet them they did nothing.

My observations of India this time around is there are many more Indians travelling due to a burgeoning middle class and they like modern, flash hotels. My voice are home stays and hotels with character but I was not able to get a room at the pearl palace where my other friends were staying; so a few of us ended booking this hotel right down the street. The pearl palace would of been my choice oozing character, which Indians seem to avoid.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
mayaniwas, Owner at Hotel Maya Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Guest !!!
It was very disappointing to note that you were not happy with the hotel , We try a lot to satisfy the guest but unfortunately it was not the case with you
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

To start with I will say that the rooms are nicely appointed and tastefully decorated. They were "cleanish", in that when you walk in the room, the rooms look ok. Just don't look under the beds or anywhere less obvious. The cleaners here obviously don't go looking for dirt!!! However, my main issue with this hotel was the poor quality of the service. The day after I moved into the first room I stayed in, 2 pidgeons were trapped in a small ledge outside the window. I asked the management to see if they could remove the birds as they were unable to get out. Finally, one of the staff did come and managed to get them out. However, it soon occurred to me that this was an ongoing problem and requested that they block the ledge to prevent more birds from getting trapped, especially as on closer inspection of the ledge, there was already one dead bird in the ledge, slowly decaying. They did not seem interested in finding a solution and instead were just interested in a "quick fix" i.e. ideally removing me or as a last resort, removing the two trapped birds. The next morning I woke to find my floor covered in maggots - literally hundreds of them. This time I asked them to clean the floor and remove the dead bird (from which they were coming). They did, but again did not seem too keen to actually address the issue, but rather just provide another 'quick fix'. The next morning I still had maggots in my room and a foul smell. This time they decided it was easier to just move me to another room, which I did. Only this time they put me in a room on the ground floor with an unlockable window. As a single woman (or anyone for that matter) I did not feel this was safe and requested they come and fix the lock. Whilst the management did respond to each of these issues eventually they did so rather reluctantly and each time seemed intent on finding the fastest "quick fix" rather than actually addressing the underlying issues. Basically I got the impression they really did not care and only attend to things when it's demanded of them. The hotel is also very noisy and seems to attract a lot of noisy Indian guests who have little regard for anyone else in the hotel, leaving their doors open, shouting across corridors, children running around playing loudly at all hours. Again, when I raised this with the management they did not seem to care less. A shame really, as this hotel has lots of potential which I think is let down by the poor quality of the management and staff, who seem to see guests as a burden that just get in the way. I would not stay here again and I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

We Are sorry if your stay was disappointing , we will try and improve .
Thanks

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had to attend JLF at Diggi Palace which meant we only had to spend our nights at the hotel, thus, we were not looking for some lavish place to stay but staying at Maya turned out to be such a luxury. We booked the place in advance and to our surprise we were picked up from the railway station by an Auto. We had booked a normal room but because of paucity of rooms we were given a luxury room and at no extra cost. The room was so refreshingly lit beause of sunlight coming through that light colored curtain hung on a large glass window. It beautifully clean in there and everytime we used to leave in the morning we used to make the room tidy again beacuse the very sight of that well-kempt room lifted our spirits up. The toilet was perfect and had hot water was there as well. We clicked more number of pictures sitting inside the room then we clicked outside attending the mega event. Left us with beautiful memories and an amazing taste to remember for a very long time to come.

Room Tip: Rooms have light curtains, which to me were the best part of the entire setting, but may be troubles...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 24, 2013

HI...WE STAYED THERE ON 16/01/2013 for one night.. it was nice room with good facility...the staff was very helpfull. They even provided sandwiches instead of morning breakfast as we had leave early next morning ,so it was very kind of them. i had only complaint was the hot water as it did not come continuously,since one had to wait for 10 more minutes after it gets over. so i suggest other traveller to come here again...so thump up for my niwas...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel is located kind of far. It is nicely decorated, and fairly clean. However, there was no hot water in rooms, until requested. The sheets were covered in stains. Internet is 100 rps, but is very slow. The service is responsive, but kind of slow.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for writing such confidence building words for us.If there was a issue in your stay we WILL try and improve . Looking forward for your next visit .