“Ladli means loving people”

Ladli Vocational Training Center
Ranked #60 of 304 Tours in Jaipur
More attraction details
Owner description: Vocational school for rescued street chidren. They welcome visitors and sell the jewelry the children make.
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is my second visit to Ladli as I frequently visit Jaipur city as a part of travel business. Being a part of travel industry since many years, we have learned and gained knowledge on responsible travel, tourism and supporting local grassroots and I personally think thish
project deserves more attention and support.... They have incredible operations with very small amount of investment on resources, infrastructure and man power.... The centre is situated in almost very normal area which gives you complete look and view of real India and life of most common people.... The centre has basic strcture but full of child friendly components.... In one word you will find engegatic faces all around full of smiles and satisfaction...... the children there actually enjoy joyous environment with learning and that is too far from the chaotic street life.....

My personal suggestions, when you visit charity projects in India:

1. Don't trust hotel people, local cab drivers, guides etc. In my case when I first visited this project 8 months back... The hotel people misguided and told me that Ladli has been permanently closed and they have stopped their operations. I don't want to mention the name of hotel here but it was completely unethical as the same day I hired a good tuk tuk and managed to visit this great project. However, the drive of tuk tuk told me that Ladli centre never pays any payouts or commissions and due to the same reason they face negative publicity.

2. Ladli has only centre in Jaipur... Check www.Ladli.org

3. While visiting charities, refer their organisational and child protection policy

4. Be cautious especially about giving donation proposals to charities beforehand as credible and accountable organisations will take it in other sense. Giving donations and contributions to organisations generally involves a process which includes due-diligence, personal visit, research etc.

6  Thank Anuraagshama
There are newer reviews for Ladli Vocational Training Center

Reviewed June 6, 2012

The Ladli School visit really highlights the problems India still faces today. It is heartwarming to meet the girls and the people running the school. I purchased several items and would recommend everybody in Jaipur visits Ladli.

2  Thank catherinec717
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We sent an email within a week prior intimation that we were coming to Jaipur but they never replied. Me and my wife were carrying a large check to donate (our wedding anniversary) and requested a pick up and offered to pay for the pickup as well if required. We felt that the Rickshaws were charging too much since they refused to pay via meter. Since I work in a hospital I understand quality and customer service. I also understand that you would want to help a donor when one comes, but we saw nothing of that sort. Both the owners (husband and wife) were not polite over the phone and seemed to only want to show their center to the Foreign Public, rather than get help from donors within India. It was 45-46 degrees Celcius that day, and I would think after reading some reviews of free pickups, that even though I offered to pay for the pickup and mentioned we wanted to bring a gift of time and money - we felt we were not needed.

I also found many other people who I talked to (at the hotels), that they were known to warmly welcome only the foreigners since they expected large donations from them, whereas any one from within India was not cared for.

Both me and my wife decided it would be wiser to donate both time, efforts and money to a hospital or center in Ahmedabad that we could trust.

I also was quite surprised to know they are being backed by UNICEF and the United Nations, especially when you consider their approach to helping the girls and boys.

Sorry to say, unlike many others - I was disapointed.

5  Thank ShivamKhushali
Reviewed May 26, 2012

we visited Ladli in April, Had the pleasure of meeting Abha the lady who founded the charity. A truly amazing lady who decided to do something to help the street children in the city.We were on limited time so only had time for a quick look around and to buy a basket of goodies to take home for presents.We were invited to re visit the following day,but sadly we were on a very tight schedule. Do visit if you have the opportunity it is a very humbling experience.

2  Thank thepits
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Went to this place a few days ago after arranging the FREE pickup from their website. Nothing in India seems to be free but this was.

Got to the place after a short drive. Met by a lady who
Explained all about the cause and where the money goes then we were left
To look around at the items for sale with no pressure to buy anything. Also we got free refreshments as we browsed. We decided to do our gift shopping here as it is such a good cause if you have time definately visit the place. Good place and good people.

4  Thank bgjUk