“Amazing Charity.....”

Ladli Vocational Training Center
Ranked #60 of 292 Tours in Jaipur
More attraction details
Owner description: Vocational school for rescued street chidren. They welcome visitors and sell the jewelry the children make.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing Charity.....”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

My husband, an american doctor, and I took an all day tour of Ladli Vocational Training Center part of I-India. What a truly amazing organization thats true purpose lies in helping children. We came with an open mind to see what kind of work they were with the doing with the street children in Jaipur. This organization is multi-faceted: they feed, educate, house when necessary, provide medical care and teach vocational training to children who are the poorest of the poor. They do this amazing program with volunteers, teachers and medical personel who are loving, kind and respectful to these kids. We will definitely be back to help support and volunteer at I-India. Next time we will bring our children to help out too...

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Ruthluvindia

Rwanda
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Go, go, go!”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Please go here and buy things! the jewelry is affordable and well-made and you are making a difference with every rupee. This is the perfect place to do your souvenir/gift shopping for friends back home.

The people were welcoming, the girls were lovely and happy and kind, and the experience was inspiring,

Visited January 2012
1 Thank kexiaomei
Philadelphia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Very Rewarding”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I had a business obligation in Jaipur, so my wife decided to visit Ladl. She had considered going to a spa that day, but opted for Ladli. She did not regret her decision. My wife spent several hours working on jewelry with the girls. She was very impressed with the positive attitudes, and all the laughter. All the girls agree to participate in an education program in return for meals and the opportunity to create handicrafts, which allows them to produce income for their family. My wife felt very priviliged to visit this special place. My only regret was that I was unable to accompany her.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank PhiladelphiaTitus
Kent
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A humbling experience.”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

we had read about Ladli on Tripadvisor and decided to visit during our short trip to Jaipur. We are so glad we made the time to find Ladli (not that easy but call them and they willsend someone to meet you and show you the way). The girls at the school are inspiring and we felt very humbled by their hospitality, kindness and genuine happiness in such difficult circumstances.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank PrimKent
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Have a look, see the difference and be able to make a difference”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

While traveling through India I saw so many street kids, begging and living in poorly conditions. Most of us don't wanna give any money because we feel they might be in some organised crime, we support their begging etc. But still don't we all think I wish I could do something that would make a difference ? Well there are so many donation options but which one is right ?Where would the money go? And can I make a difference with some small amount? Maybe this is something you should consider:
Ladli is a charity based organisation for streetkids. It helps them to get on track to help themselves long term. They get an education, food, clothes and all kind of support they need.
The vocational center is in Jaipur easy to reach with taxi so you can see for yourself.
We called up and were able to visit the same day, we were given a very informative insight about how it works and then we were able to walk around and see some young girls at work.
It is always nice to see it for yourself and if you think about donation I think you can see this is a good chance to make a difference even with small amounts.
It is definitive a positive experience and we wish them all the best for the future
Saskia & Michael