“Good Hotel”
Review of Hotel Libra

Hotel Libra
Ranked #337 of 412 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Our family occupied three rooms for one night during the first week of September 2012. No complaints at all - Nice hotel, clean, modern, sizeable rooms. Its location is not central, its staff helpful, the dinner was good. It even had a pool on the roof, which commanded a nice view of the surroundings. Recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mfadami
Prateek J, Owner at Hotel Libra, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking time to review your experience. I’m very happy to know that you had a brilliant stay and were impressed by the quality of our service.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I celebrated my parents marriage anniversary at the Hotel Libra. I had a wonderful experience being there. Before this occasion I have been to the same hotel many times. The ravishing interiors and the helpful staff make me go here many times.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank shinnishit

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Excellent property in spite of its location.Its located a bit on the outskirts but it feels good coming back to that cosy room after a visit in the middle of the heat to sights in Jaipur.If you like business/tourist mixed type of property this one is for you.Restaurant is OK with open buffet.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Anaximander66

Reviewed February 7, 2012

we booked the on oct 2011 i think this terrible hotel. the hotel staff is unprofessional. front office manager Ketan Sharma is unprofessional and lazy. Hotel was unprofessionally managed. Rooms were very nice but not clean and warm . the beds were excellent. Room service was not prompt. We are very unhappy with this hotel.AC and fridge was not working.On complaining we got the rooms changed.The swimming pool was on the terrace, had dust and dirt floating with some insects also.The housekeeping seemed to be with idiots, gave twin beds to a Couples, had to specially call housekeeping to make the bed as Double instead of twin. Was done in a hour, I had booked an Executive Room but they gave me a Deluxe Room in the name of an Executive class room.I really felt cheated when I came to know this thing in the later stage of my stay. Hotel staff and waiters were bad and lazy. No hospitality services. I think this is the best hotel for SELF SERVICE people.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Prateek J, Owner at Hotel Libra, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire staff at Hotel Libra we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at our hotel. I have addressed these issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

We got to the hotel late at night, as the restaraunt was closing. The 2 people there cooked up a feast for us, even though it was late. Their breakfast buffet was a huge spread, with all kinds of food choices, and tasty as well. The rooms were clean and warm. The service was prompt.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank shirleyjohnk
Prateek J, Owner at Hotel Libra, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Date: 28 Aug to 2 Sept 2011

We booked this hotel (executive rooms) online using one of the travel portals. The idea was a leisure holiday and enjoy local food.

Hotel rooms are costly and I would rate it as 3 star hotel rather than 4 star hotel.
It is more of a business hotel rather than tourist hotel, there is no Tourist travel desk.

Rooms:

Rooms are clean but not well maintained. You could find nuts and screws falling apart.

No Ventilation in rooms, there is no fresh air within the room. Even the toilet/bathroom does not have proper exhaust.
When we stayed I could smell cigarette smoke in my toilet/bathroom (some one from adjacent room was smoking).

There are 2 categories of room Deluxe - which are very small and congested (no bath tub) and
Executive room - this are the big Deluxe rooms, having bathtub and little more spacious.

Hotel staff are polite but not aware of local places or food.

Location:

Hotel is situated outskirts of Jaipur city. There is no transport facility by hotel to visit city or any other locations.

Traveling within the city is not easy from hotel. There is one hypercity mall nearby.

Food in the hotel is limited to Punjabi dishes, but good taste. No local food available in hotel. Breakfast is limited and repeatable.

Overall I would not stay again

Swimming pool and spa were under construction when I visited, it is at the 10th floor. View is not soo good from the terrace.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank abhiag

Dear Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking time to review your experience. I’m very happy to know that you had a comfortable stay and were impressed by the quality of our service.

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay. The concerns highlighted by you are grave and our management team has looked into the matter. At Hotel Libra , we value our guests the most and we will take every possible measure to ensure that such remote incidents are avoided and you have an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back atHotel Libra , Jaipur and giving us yet another opportunity to meet your expectations.

Reviewed January 22, 2011

Our family of 8 booked an organized tour from Rajasthan Travel Service to travel from Delhi to Jaipur (Hotel Libra), Agra (Hotel Trident), to Gwalior (Hotel Landmark which is a dump) and back to Delhi (Hotel Florence). Our first experience with a commercial hotel in India was Hotel Libra. The rooms were clean. Two of our rooms were premium room like a small suite. The staff service was good. We booked the place for the price of a 3 star hotel in the tour, thus it was the best value we had during our trip. The location is not ideal especially if you want better food than what is available in the hotel restaurant. One has to walk through the smelling streets to go to a nearby shopping mall. Unfortunately the smelling places are real India. You can use auto-rickshaws if you don’t want to experience the abject poverty of India.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family