“lovely place just 3 hrs from delhi”

The Tree House Resort
Ranked #6 of 426 Specialty Lodging in Jaipur
Reviewed November 1, 2011

wonderful getaway from delhi - only 3 hours drive!
great service... goood management! roooms are great.
not too much difference btw the two categories of room, so dont worry if you're getting the base category room.

Room Tip: try to get all your rooms on one tree top!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank vidhi16
There are newer reviews for The Tree House Resort

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Just got back from the tree house resort in Jaipur and loved the experience! If you're from Delhi, this is a nice short weekend getaway (its actually only 200 kms,exact, from Gurgaon on NH8. Before Jaipur.) The drive too is quite good except a few areas when you're crossing towns and slow down considerably.

But enough about the drive and more about the actual place. The resort is beautiful and very well kept. Let me take you through the numerous things I loved and a couple I didn't:

PROS:
- The Tree house rooms. Of course you're excited you're going to be staying in a tree house and the rooms don't disappoint. They're beautiful, have an extensive wooden theme going on (of course), comfy bed and all the amenities you'd need.

-The bathroom. Yes, I mention it separately because that's how great I found it. Beautiful bathroom with the tree bark coming through it and skylights in your shower. Simply amazing.

-The service. Very warm and helpful staff. Thank you Priyanka, Arvind, the GM(who's name I'm forgetting) and the entire crew for catering to all our needs.

-The food. The meals are all inclusive in the package and that could sometimes lead to a boring buffet with not the freshest of food. Not the case here. They have the fixed buffet but I really loved it. Maybe I was buzzing by dinnertime and that could be the reason, but they had chilly chicken which I love so I really enjoyed it. Food is always a very personal call.

-Cycle rides. Its great when you have a beautiful green resort to offer bicycles and let the guests explore. The tree house resort scores a plus here and the bicycle rides were fun. Coupled with amla(Indian gooseberry) picking, which an old local man insisted we take.

CONS:
-Price. There weren't really any cons. This is relative of course and mentioning it just in case. If you're ok with the price, you do get a great experience of course.

CONCLUSION:
The tree house resort ticks all the right boxes and if price is not an issue then the place is highly recommended for a weekend getaway, either as a couple or as a group of friends. Had a great time in the amazing tree house, listening to birds chirping, watching rabbits hopping around, enjoying drinks, eating good food and most importantly relaxing with a smile.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Whytdelight
Reviewed October 1, 2011

This is one awesome place to cool of your heels especially if you are a nature lover and want to escape the madness of city life. Come here to be a part of 'Mother Nature' and to take time to be at peace with yourself.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We had been to the property in sep2011 and stayed in woodpecker nest. I must say it is a place worth visiting be it in rains or when it is sunny. With trees growing in your room and even your bathroom, yet with fair amount of comfort, it is must visit for people who look for reasons to connect with nature. One can not stop exploring the place.Must go for a night safari in adjoining jungle, may or may not see the big cat but the jungle is worth the thrill.Food was excellent and staff very friendly and positive.We spent 2 nights there and had a great time.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I stayed at tree house in Aug.2011 in the same imperial eagle cottage it was wonderfully done up Hats off to the owners who made this tropical heaven from a barren land. The passion is visible all over the place- may it be the ambiance, the service, the food, and the staff. The room we stayed in was excellent ..it even had a bath tub atop a tree. The leopard theme of the room with each item hand picked, was a treat. I have been compelled to write this review ( though each one is entitled to his or her view) because I felt there was no scope for complaint about my stay, whatsoever. I highly recommend the jungle safari to everyone..and if you get a chance to go into the forest with Mr. Mehta, dont miss it for anything. He is a magician as far as wild life goes. All in all, a great two day/night getaway.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We were at the Tree house Resort a couple of weekend ago and I must say I was super impressed with what we saw. We had read about it in a Travel Magazine and decided to visit it. It was exactly what we needed an off the gird vacation with monkeys stealing our drinks and total pure natural living....Treehouse we are coming to you soon again!!!

Room Tip: Take the room with the open to sky bathroom
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We are seriously disappointed about the Tree House Resort where we wanted to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary. We booked for the Woodpecker Suite but were offered the Imperial Eagle Nest cottage on September 17th. The Tree House resort is located in Rajasthan, where water conservation efforts have transformed the dry area into a green oasis. Unfortunately, the area with the tree houses is crammed with small paths, tacky bridges and seatings, making it claustrophobic. Taste aside, our room was over the top kitschy. with chipboard doors, living tree trunks crudely covered with cement and filler to prevent leaking and 3D thrift shop-like wall decorations: it had a cheap feel to it. We had a view on a road with noise from construction. While the organic food served was good and the staff was friendly, it was not worth the INR 14000 (over USD300) charged (twice the price we paid at the Jai Mahal Palace in Jaipur the night before). We booked bicycles and the tennis court for early morning, however we gave up on the bicycles as they were too small for any adult above 1.60 m and not adjustable. It took over 40 minutes to get us to the tennis court. We live in India 7 years and have stayed in simple, clean huts as well as wonderful, exclusive spa's - but none as kitschy and expensive as the Tree house. I hope the owner will care more about a quality execution of his concept of living in nature and will offer either very simple cottages for a normal price or an exceptional 300 US$ package where every penny is worth its value. Lizarno/ New Delhi

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Lizarno
suneeel, Owner at The Tree House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Dear Guest,
I was extremely concerned with the fact that you did not have a great experience,during your stay with us. Every person is entitled to his own opinion, and i definitely respect yours. However, I do feel that the "poor" rating is a bit harsh based on the following points:

1. The Imperial Eagle Nest is infact a newer suite than the Woodpecker. My staff actually gave you a complimentary upgrade for the same price. I am saddened that, this did not sit well with you.

2. As you called the property a "green oasis", I would like to bring to your attention that The Tree House Resort covers an area of 2 acres and has taken 3 lakh trees and 4 years of dedicated hard work to convert a barren landscape into a "green oasis". Unfortunately, what you thought was cheap,crammed and kitschy has been applauded by various other fellow travellers and trip advisor members who has described this place as (in their words), magical, green haven.Just through the work done here, We have seen the arrival of various bird species in the area. Again, you are entitled to your opinion and I'm saddened that you did not find this to your tastes.

3. I would like to point out that unlike Jaimahal, everything at the resort including the meals and facilities were included in the cost. I do think however, whilst so many guests find it reasonable, you are entitled to your own subjective opinion.

4. The cycles provided have been used by various other guests who did find it comfortable. However, i did not your point and have already procured Professional bicycles.

I do regret not being able to give you a great stay with us. However,I would really like to host your stay again, and maybe change your outlook to what we have created here.

Warm Regards

Sunil Mehta
Owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaipur
Lohagarh Fort Resort Jaipur
#18 of 383 in Jaipur
ITC Rajputana, Jaipur
ITC Rajputana, Jaipur
#17 of 383 in Jaipur

Been to The Tree House Resort? Share your experiences!