“Relaxed place, kindest owner”
Review of Jwala Niketan

Jwala Niketan
Ranked #51 of 502 Jaipur B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Relaxed place, kindest owner”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Mr Ajeet was so kind and helpful to us during our two nights here. Clean room and bathroom, lovely veranda to hang out on, good location (walking distance) for food, bus, train and fort. If only we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Get a room with a verandah facing the street for gorgeous morning sunshine
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here in 2010 and just remembered it as I'm planning to return to India.
The owner, Mr. Ajeet, seemed like a decent family man. I once got lost walking around Jaipur and ended up at the reception of a neighbouring hotel. Ajeet was kind enough to walk there and pick me up.
The place is more like a converted private terrace house owned by a family which rents out individual rooms, rather than like a hotel.
The rooms? As you can see from the photos, they are furnished with an assortment of old furniture but functional and clean. Cheap and cheerful for the budget-conscious (+solo female) traveller.
I can't say if this place is centrally-located or not, as I was driven from the train station (not a long journey) and was also driven around Jaipur on a tour of the city.

Room Tip: I think you will need the air-conditioning in the summer.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This place was pretty good value we reckoned, the big shared balcony out front gets a lot of sun which was nice after arriving from Agra where the weather was pretty cold.

The boss of this hotel was quite helpful when we asked for advice, telling us how to get the local bus to Amber Fort for 20 rupees, rather than the tourist sightseeing bus which costs about 300rp.

Apparently there is hot water in the mornings though we didnt manage to get any.Another reviewer complsined about the uncomfortable bed, well I've found that this is the case in most places I've stayed in India.

Best thing is probably the good location next to the main bus station.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Roby Mill
Reviewed November 24, 2012

and the winner of the hardest and most uncomfortable bed in India goes to....
The place looks ok, its basic for travellers and the room was big but the bed was rock solid and really uncomfortable. No hot water either which is fine when its warm but it was actually quite chilly at night in November when we were there. It did get a bit noisy at the back of the hotel early in the morning too. We asked if they had a luggage room or could store our luggage until we got our train later in the day and the answer was a flat 'no'.... I'd give this place a miss if I ever return to Jaipur.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phil W
Chernihiv
Reviewed November 23, 2012

First of all, the hotel is located far away from the center, although the prices there aren't so low. The rooms are in a horrible condition, which raises the question about the prices once again.

Secondly, the owner and his main assistant are quite indifferent. They simply don't care about their guests and don't trust them (it was the only hotel in India where we were asked to pay for the accommodation at the check-in).

Last but not least, there's no restaurant, which makes this place just a box with beds. Don't be fooled by the outward appearance of the hotel - it's doesn't look so nice inside, especially in the rooms!

However, this hotel has several advantages. It is located right by the bus stand, as well as in a good proximity to the railway station. There's also a nice restaurant just 3-4 minutes away from the hotel - Mohan (there are several Mohan restaurants and the Mohan hotel in this area).

Although, we didn't like our stay here, we are very grateful to the owner for recommending us a great place in Agra - the Sakura hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Komotini, Greece
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed in the guest house for on night and the price was 500 rupes.

During the night (2:00) I had problems with my stomach (I vomit) and I tried to go out to buy some water and some coca-cola. The guest-house was locked.. and the owner of the place wake-up. He was very upset and very unfriendly and he told me that going out of the guest house is not permitted. Finally he let me go out.

The next day in the morning I requested to leave my backpack to the reception because my train was late in the afternoon.. He told me that it is not possible to leave my backpack there.. and I have to go to the train station to leave it in the luggage room there.

500 rupes for night is very expensive.. not breakfast, owner is very unfriendly, no possible to leave your luggages there. I am not recommending this guest-house/hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ggia
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Unfortunately only got one nights stay at Jwala Niketan, it was a clean, spacious room with attached bathroom for only 400 rupees, i would definitely recommend it to anyone who is travelling to Jaipur!

Room Tip: The Room we had with a fan was quite hot, so I would advise take the room with the fan cooler and tv
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple