“over-priced and owner unfriendly”
Review of Jwala Niketan

Jwala Niketan
Ranked #50 of 530 Jaipur B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed in the guest house for on night and the price was 500 rupes.

During the night (2:00) I had problems with my stomach (I vomit) and I tried to go out to buy some water and some coca-cola. The guest-house was locked.. and the owner of the place wake-up. He was very upset and very unfriendly and he told me that going out of the guest house is not permitted. Finally he let me go out.

The next day in the morning I requested to leave my backpack to the reception because my train was late in the afternoon.. He told me that it is not possible to leave my backpack there.. and I have to go to the train station to leave it in the luggage room there.

500 rupes for night is very expensive.. not breakfast, owner is very unfriendly, no possible to leave your luggages there. I am not recommending this guest-house/hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ggia

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Unfortunately only got one nights stay at Jwala Niketan, it was a clean, spacious room with attached bathroom for only 400 rupees, i would definitely recommend it to anyone who is travelling to Jaipur!

Room Tip: The Room we had with a fan was quite hot, so I would advise take the room with the fan cooler and tv
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emac24
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed in a large air-conditioning room with attached bathroom and balcony for 5 nights. The owner was extremely kind and friendly with a vast knowledge of places to go and the city in general. The room was very clean but basic, but it did have a television with many channels. The street on which the hotel is situated was very quiet and also very safe. All staff were friendly and obliging. There is no restaurant but we had food delivered to our room from a nearby restaurant, it was cheap and very tasty. The hotel is very close to the bus and train stations and also very close to central areas. Would definatly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aleksi H
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Really enjoyed staying at Jwala Niketan for 4 nights. The owner was very kind and the room, while simple, was affordable and quiet. The owner gave me some great advice and I felt very safe there and could trust him. I would stay there again and would highly recommend it if you are on a budget.

Room Tip: I stayed in the back and liked the quiet. Rooms are very different, so have a look
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Nice owner and staff. Good location. NIce terrace for sleeping. Bathroom ok

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Jwala Niketan is a fantastic value for the price. We stayed for 8 nights in a large, open room with ensuite bathroom, AC and a balcony. The room is spartan in furnishing, but functional and very tidy. There is also a TV with hundreds of channels (including movies and English language news) for those hours in the middle of the day when its just too hot for wandering bazaars and exploring forts. Our balcony overlooked the quiet alleyway in front of the guesthouse, and made for an excellent sunset perch from which to watch children play cricket in the street, passing fruit vendors melodically call out their bounty, and the occasional troupe of mischievous monkeys harass the local canine community.

The staff are exceptionally courteous and very willing to help. The owner, Ajeet, is a kind and gentle man that is always friendly and polite. He is very laid back, never pushy, he treated us fairly, and was unfailingly honest. Along with helping us locate anything we needed in the city, the staff assisted us in finding medical services when I fell ill. There is no restaurant on the premises, but Ajeet recommended the nearby Mohan, which proved to be delicious and very economical (~RS150 for a full meat for two). If we wanted delivery, the staff would kindly call and place the order for us, and then bring our meal to our room - chapatis soft and warm, waters refreshingly chilly.

The guesthouse is centrally located, but off of any main streets. This makes for a quiet refuge from the buzzing jostle of Jaipur. The train station is about a kilometer away, and the bus station is only a 5 minute walk. The main drags on MI Road and the old city are a twenty minute walk or less, or maybe a 5 minute rickshaw ride.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevarian
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Stayed at jwala niketan for 4 nights. The rooms are very simple, but have all the most important things. The location is good, not big expences with rickshaw to get back and forth. The owner is so helpfull and will assist you. and answer all your questions. He's also very relaxed. and you get very comfortable and calm while stating there.

• Stayed: March 2012