Chitra Katha
$38
Agoda.com
$389
  • Pool
All reviewshathroi fortrooftop restaurantfort viewrikshaw drivershot waterpearl palacetuk tukbudget hoteldouble roomhotel ownerpeaceful staynice personvalue for moneyindian hotelsroom servicehotel is locatedmi road
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed here for two nights standard room with Fan . Room was clean,Fast check out.peaceful place. Only disappointment was washroom was not in the room was not shared but it was out side room key provided, seems it was only with my room.Staff was good except guy at reception Jai Seems over friendly asked many questions and offering services massage & whatever you need ' etc..on the time of check in .Bit over priced for Budget travellers.

Room Tip: Ask Tuk Tuk to take to you to Gopalbari(gopalbadi ) or hotel near Hotel pearl palace, They seems lost when asked them to go to Chitrakatha same with the pre paid taxi counter at the airport.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Neenad A
AnshuSharma, Owner at Chitra Katha, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking out time to review us and appreciating the services. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. And while we agree with most of your review, we fail to understand how can the tuk-tuk drivers be confused about our location. Our hotel is at the base of a fort, a very popular location. All one has to say is that I wish to go to 60 Hathroi fort, even if someone doesn't know where chitrakatha is, which can be true as we are just 3 and half year old, but I can guarantee you that there's not a single rickshaw/ taxi driver in Jaipur who will fail to reach the Hathroi fort. Leaving this aside your feedback about the boy (Jai) has been taken seriously and befitting action will be taken. Thanks for bringing it our notice. We agree that our staff should come across as pleasant and warm, and not overbearing or intruding. We'll be hoping to see you soon again. Cheers.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Today we arrived in Jaipur and arrived at Chitra Katha Hotel, While we booked a room with a mountainview we instead were given a room on the first floor surrounded by the kitchen, the main hallway, and what sounds like the storage room for the kitchen. When I questioned reception about the discrepancy I was told that I was actually in a better and more expensive room, which really didn't address the question of "did I receive the room I originally booked and paid for"? Instead I was told that my room was given away to someone else and that I could switch rooms tomorrow. Had I not taken the time make a reservation I would understand. In addition when I attempted to pay the balance for my room I was required to pay an additional 2% credit card fee which was not printed on my reservation. When I questioned this charge I was told that everyone paid for it and that it was not really much money, only 2%, of course that was an additional 2% I was charged, not a 2% credit for my room not being ready and the aggravation of having to change rooms in the middle of my stay. On the plus side, the room is clean, the toilet works properly, and at the moment there are no mosquitos inside the room. I will attempt to update this review once our stay is complete.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank shane m

I am sorry that you were forced to take out time right in middle of your stay to write this. First let me try and solve this for you and update my reply later, when you do so with your review.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this hotel. Rakesh, Hotel Manager, was very helpful and works very hard! Aditya, restaurant Manager, cooks up some excellent tandoori items in the rtooftop restaurant upstairs.

Mehfuz and Sanu were also great in assiting us in the restaurant.

The only thing that could have been better was the internet connection. It tends to go out every so often.

Overall, I would highly recommend this place to anybody in Jaipur.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bsdesai

It is so nice of you to appreciate each and every staff member. And sorry but Wi-fi is only as good as airtel provides us. We report all this back to them regularly. In fact we installed boosters recently on 1st floor, as per their suggestion. But even they cannot save us from drops. We'll keep a check on it. Thanks for this smashing review though. Cheers.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel is well worth the 350RPS we paid per person per night. Our room was very spacious with a big bathroom. Unfortunately our room didn't have a window as we were centred around the corridors, which also meant we were easily woken by people walking past either side. That said it was no big deal, the beds were comfortable and the restaurant served great food. The service from the people at the hotel was very good and the owner gave us some great advice on taking a bus to the Amber Fort. This is a must for other travellers, we paid 10RPS each for a bus from the Pink City centre to the Fort, a Tuktuk will set you back about 500RPS. We caught the number 29, there were lots of other people on the bus and it was very crowded, but all part of the experience. If a Tuktuk is more your thing, then there is plenty waiting outside the hotel day and night. Again, the owner will offer you advice on how much to pay when going certain places.
The only thing that would have been great would have been clean towels each day and new toilet roll. But other than that it was a good hotel, for 350RPS you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: One with a window
Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ami P
AnshuSharma, Owner at Chitra Katha, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

We are so glad to have guests like you who not only appreciate but also point in the directions where they see a scope for improvement. However, let me clarify that there is only one room without a window. We are sorry that you ended up in this room because of peak season and we being completely booked. Towels and Toilet paper are available on request. A simple call to the reception will solve it for you. We don't check, make or replenish your room until you ask us to. That's the whole point of running a boutique (budget) hotel. To make sure every guest, even with limited means, should get a hygienic place to rest before he/she takes on the organized and colourful chaos called India. All the best for all the travel that you have planned for and also for the ones that just happen when the time is good! Cheers.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

spent two nights at this hotel, the rooms are large and very clean, and the reception is excellent and helped us in everything we need. the hotel also has a superb restaurant situated at the top of this with very good food and even better service. all i that is far from the center has very good connections. also organize tours of rajasthan, ask Raksh. highly recommended. do not hesitate to spend your stay here. greetings.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carlos y Paula C

Let me start with thanking you as we understand that it is not easy for you find time in your packed schedule. At the same time we love it when we receive a review and that too a happy one as it is reassuring to know that we are doing something right. Something that you loved. Something that compelled you find time and write these kind words for us. I thank my staff for being persistent and you for being so generous. We'll be hoping to see you and your friends again. Cheers.