“If it wasn't for the location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Moon Light Palace

Hotel Moon Light Palace
Ranked #55 of 354 Hotels in Jaipur
Cologne, Germany
“If it wasn't for the location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The location is the Moonlight Palace's biggest problem. Virtually every tourist travelling to Jaipur will want to spend most of his time in the Pink City and walking there from the hotel is totally out of the question. Totally.
Apart from that you get a perfectly good mid range room ( very nice bed, TV, WiFi, quiet, everything spotless clean) for a near budget price (1000 when going through booking.com, so probably 20% cheaper when you call). The food at the roof top restaurant is really OK, too.
The only bit of criticism I may want to mention is that I really could have used a more elaborate explanation of what my options of going to Delhi were.
So, the Moonlight Palace is a nice hotel for a reasonable price, but next time I go to Jaipur I'll try for something closer to the old city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
17 Thank RobertLockwoodJr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
Sluis, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was BY FAR the best hotel I have ever stayed in, in India. I traveled from North to South, but never slept in such a great hotel as Moon Light Palace in Jaipur. Above that, Jaipur is an amazing city.

The rooms are all nice and clean, with beautiful decorations and a little balcony.
The main reason why this hotel is this great, is just because it's completely new. I wonder how this hotel will be 6 years later... I hope as nice as it was in the beginning, because I will be coming back here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
17 Thank NaomiLako
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

When i first met Janu, It was 2am & we needed a hotel, I phoned Janu & he came immediately to the rescue. From that moment on Janu became my tour guide. He arranged our trips to Ajmer & Delhi also, making sure that our every need was met. Over the past few days he became not just our tour guide but a personal friend as well, accompanying us to the multiplex, the shopping malls & for dinners. If anyone is going to India & needs a good tour guide, don’t hesitate to contact Janu, he is undoubtedly the best of the best! He also has a number of luxury vehicles to make sure your travel experience is comfortable & stress free. Aside from being super friendly, he speaks excellent English so communication is easy as well. His hotel, Hotel Moonlight Palace is just superb! Its clean, neat & the rooms are beautiful, & the rooftop restaurant serves scrumptious food.He knew of my love for sweets & gifted me a huge box of sweets on my way to the airport from one of Jaipur’s finest sweet shops. Since that time Janu & I have remained close friends, keeping in touch on a regular basis. I plan to visit India again in July 2013 & I know that all I need to do is to book my flight because Janu is there to take care of everything else.
Thanks Janu for everything,
Lots of love
Dr Sapna Mohan – South Africa.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
16 Thank Dr_Sapna
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Me and my friend were picked up by Naim from the bus stand, and when we saw the hotel, we liked it at once, Clean and spacious rooms and loo's. Beautiful paintings on the ceilings and above all, VERY RESPECTFUL AND DECENT STAFF starting from Naim Khan the owner to the front desk guys. I would always wanna stay here when i visit the Pink city. Kuddos and good luck Naim and co.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
13 Thank jLouisj
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Our room in the moonlight palace was clean and comfortable, and the nicest part about the hotel was the rooftop terrace with restaurant. There are definitely some other cooler options in Jaipur for dinner, but if you want to chill at your hotel for one night this is a nice option to sit and have a beer on the roof.

Overall the staff were very friendly and helpful. It is somewhat outside the centre, but the staff helped us to organize a rickshaw and find locations in the area.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
15 Thank CatherineOT
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Hotel Moon Light Palace is a clean and comfortable guest house for a reasonable price in Jaipur. We stayed there for 2 nights and found both bedroom and bathroom to be very clean, a decent sized room that was comfortable with flatscreen tv and AC. It also has a rooftop restaurant that serves okish food.

The problems are the location and noise at night. Moon Light is quite far away from the Old City, so you're held to the mercy of rickshaw drivers on a nearby road, and you will have to pay over 60 rupees to get to the nearest restaurant, cafe or sight. The other drawback is the noise. On both nights we stayed, a house nearby played incredibly loud music until very late. The owner described it as a wedding, but I can't imagine the married couple were happy with 8 plays of Gangnam Style and every song being changed halfway through. Its a shame, because I could have made allowances for the location.

I'd advise this for anyone who is staying 1 night and can get it well below the asking price. Otherwise there's probably better options.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
15 Thank JolyonBird
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, rooms are very clean and nicely designed. I also liked the roof top restaurant, not the best indian food but good enough. Staffs are really helpful and friendly, Manager, Naim Khan is a very nice man helped me get my train ticket. The wifi didn't work for couple days but it was more of the area network problem. I will stay at the same place if I go to Jaipur again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo