“Improvements needed”

Vesta Maurya Palace
Ranked #88 of 382 Hotels in Jaipur
“Improvements needed”
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for just a night on a business trip. It is an old hotel with renovated rooms. My room had a great view of tennis courts not belonging to the hotel. The room had faux wooden flooring which seemed recently polished so was very slippery. However by night the floor was practically sweaty as if it had been mopped with water, and it stayed that way until my check out the next day. Room service food quality was nothing as expected of a good chef. However the amenities like TV, tea maker, study table, lighting etc were very good. Next mornings breakfast buffet was adequate. However I had to leave late do decided to go in for a shower after 9 am and lo behold no hot water! Rushed through my bath by the end of which the faulty drain ensured I was standing in 4 inches of soapy dirty water. And this when the soaps provided in the bathroom practically did not lather. A complaint at reception was answered by 'hit water only between 5-9 morning & evening'. I was told this is informed to all guests at check in. I was not told neither was it mentioned at reception, nor in the room, nor on the key card holder. There is supposed to be wifi in the room but there were no signals at all.

• Stayed November 2012
banerjeeJaipur, Manager at Vesta Maurya Palace, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We regret that our services and facilities did not live up to your expectations. The management has noted your concern in reference to room service food quality, running hot water, bathroom drainage. We ensure you to put in effective measures to eradicate these types of problems in near future. Vesta management assures you that we provide 24 hours running hot and cold water and is not restricted to any fixed timings. The management has already taken a call regarding the wi-fi connectivity and necessary action will be taken on that. We give our best efforts to make the wooden floors of our room look more shiny rather than making it slippery, so that it makes the room look clean, bright and beautiful and the delight the guest who stays there. However thank you for appreciating the view from our hotel room, amenities and breakfast layout. Thank you once again for your stay and looking forward to make your future stays more comfortable with us.

Vesta Hotels & Resorts Pvt. Ltd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Just off Jaipur's famous M.I. Road and close to the old city is this reasonably priced hotel. They have a terrace pool but I did not have time to swim so I cannot vouch for anything about it. The rooms are spacious by Bombay standards and neat. Toilets are small but there is ample hot water. Water is precious, please do be prudent. The breakfast was adequate and the fare not very varied but no reason to complain. The staff are courteous and, while not super-fast, are prompt and helpful. Connecting to the wi-fi was a bit complicated and when it did come on, the connection and speed were not spectacular. Sufficient to send and receive 2MB emails while you watch TV. Good place to stay for a couple of days while you take in Jaipur by day.

Room Tip: Go for rooms on the upper floors - they're quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to learn that our facilities and services has lived up to your expectations. Your word of appreciation regarding our rooms, staff and buffet breakfast lay out has been shared with the entire team and this will encourage us to maintain our quality service standard. However your concern in reference to the wi-fi connectivity has been noted by the Vesta management and we assure you to implement effective systems for better connectivity. Thank you once again for your stay and looking forward to welcome you once again at Vesta.

Mumbai
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Our stay in Vesta was comfortable and nice. The rooms were spacious, clean, ventilated and well equipped. The staff was courteous, helpful and friendly.
Breakfast was grand and included a wide range of things to chose from.
If I ever visit Jaipur again, i will definitely stay at Vesta Maurya Palace.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your feedback and recent stay with us. Your word of appreciation for our rooms, staff, buffet breakfast layout, has been shared with the entire team and this will motivate us to keep up with the quality service. Thank you once again and looking forward to welcome you once again at Vesta.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Cleanliness - Not so bad.
Food - Bad.
Service - Horrible, they only have 3-4 waiters.
Value - Very Very Poor.
Check in and out - You have to wait for atleast 15-20 minutes.

The worst 4 star hotel. Please don't stay in Vesta Maurya Palace.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your feedback & recent stay with us. We have noted your concern in reference to our service, check-in and check-out procedures. We ensure you to take necessary actions to eradicate such problems in near future. We request you not to take this incident as an example of our services and do give us opportunity to serve you again.

Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Good hotel to stay but a bit far from main attraction of city...
Stay is very much comfortable n staff is polite..
Breakfast was awesome..
There is a theater which is amazing wrt its architecture must see

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank zingya_15
banerjeeJaipur, Manager at Vesta Maurya Palace, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for appreciating our staff and our buffet breakfast lay out. We are delighted to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us. Vesta Maurya Palace is located in M.I road panch batti area, which is the central point of the city with all local markets, shops, shopping mall, food joints, restaurants, and the famous Raj mandir - the theatre hall, is at walking distance. Thank you once again for your feedback and looking forward to welcome you again at Vesta.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for one night booked as an overnight stay as part of an excursion. The hotel appears to be miles from the city centre if you fancied making your way there. At best it could be average. There appears to be an abundance of staff at the front desk but have no idea what they do as they rarely appeared to come out from there. However, I found most staff willing to help but all wanted payment, but I guess that is India! The room overlooked the front of the hotel and was tidy but very basic. The wallpaper and furniture apart from the tv all appeared to have seen better days. The sheets and pillows, hmmmm! The bathroom had limited facilities with no bathtub but a wet area with shower. The water was hot but the shower base became lethal when we as it was marble. However, no hot water was available from the sink tap. there is internet access available at a charge. The food in the restaurant was average with little choice but in fairness was tasty. I didn't go to the swimming pool but I believe there was one.

Would I stay there again nope, nor would I book it personally or recommend it.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Hudson0605
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely regret that our services and facilities did not live up to your expectations. We would like to bring to your kind notice that Vesta Maurya Palace is located in the heart of M.I road, Panchbatti area, which in turn is stated as the centre point of the city. Vesta management has noted your concerns regarding upkeeping of room upholstery, furniture, bathroom supplies, and supply of hot water. We ensure you to take effective measures to eradicate such types of issues in near future. Vesta Management assures you that we serve each and every guest with equal importance keeping in mind that it is our utmost duty, not to draw any extra money from guests. We do have a swimming pool on the roof top of the hotel. However thank you for appreciating our food. We request you not to site these incidents as an example of our standard of service and do give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was on a multi-city roadshow and my budget permitted to stay in this hotel considering the amenities that were listed on Tripadvisor.

I had an advance booking through makemytrip and checked in at the hotel at 3:00 am in the morning, the first thing that came to me was a "rude shock" at the front desk, won't like to specify any name. However, I expected that gentleman to be human and not an IVR that kept repeating the same statement continuously.

I was travelling with my business partner (Female) and we had all our documents and identity proofs, I was instantly told to take 2 rooms or simply no check-in as they would only allow married couple to stay, I was compelled to ask why would they call themselves a "Business Hotel" and not a "Honeymoon Hotel" if that was a pre-requisite. Apparently, I couldn't make sense to the gentleman at the front-desk, neither he could any to me. I demanded to speak to a supervisor and I was denied outright to any communication, I was told his manager was in his room and sleeping and wouldn't like to be disturbed. I had to literally ask the gentleman if the whole hotel was left on his responsibility at that hour? That's where I was made to speak to the in charge and he let us check in. Now, that's a kind of welcome, I am not really used to being in the Advertisement / Event industry. I thought the whole situation could have been different should there had been some one responsible or well trained professional at the reception.

I checked in and then came the horror, no hot water in the night until I had to keep calling the reception and no body would answer, I finally called the hotel boardline from my cell phone and told them about it, they fixed it. So I summarized, hot water was pretty much on "On-demand" basis, be sure to call for it at least 20 mins before you decide to bath!

Rooms were stained, chairs were stained. Hotel had all the amenities of a 4 star property. However, it was NOT maintained. Mini bar was not stocked, when I inquired about the discrepancy on the mini bar menu and actual stock they told me "That's the way it is". Toiletries were not replaced when I checked in, I had to ask them to do the needful.

Now, the good part - Food was awesome. Room service staff were courteous, quick and well trained. Location of the hotel is good, the view from my room was pretty plush with the tennis courts being the sight. I extended my stay for a day as it was observed as a "Bundh" and had nothing to do. I extended for getting all the amenities (though stained) for a rock-bottom price. great food and excellent room service staff.

In a nutshell, great property, great location, good food. Should you not want to spend too much yet want to stay at a 3 star hotel (or nearing 4 star) this is the place.

Room Tip: Check the room before you zero out on one. The rooms on the front side having the tennis court view...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Psy_Attack
banerjeeJaipur, Manager at Vesta Maurya Palace, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We regret for the inconvenience faced by you during your Check-in. We have noted your concern highlighted by you in your feedback and ensure you to take immediate and effective action to eradicate this type of problem in future. We have given needful briefing to housekeeping regarding the cleanliness and stocking of mini bar and also to front office to avoid such type of inconvenience and handle situation more tactfully. Night duty manager is always accessible and they are been kept specifically to address guest problems at night and make them comfortable. However thank you for appreciating our location, room service, F&B staff and food. Looking forward to make your future stays more comfortable with us.