“Good Hotel to Stay”

Vesta Maurya Palace
Ranked #92 of 392 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Good hotel to stay but a bit far from main attraction of city...
Stay is very much comfortable n staff is polite..
Breakfast was awesome..
There is a theater which is amazing wrt its architecture must see

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank zingya_15
banerjeeJaipur, Manager at Vesta Maurya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for appreciating our staff and our buffet breakfast lay out. We are delighted to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us. Vesta Maurya Palace is located in M.I road panch batti area, which is the central point of the city with all local markets, shops, shopping mall, food joints, restaurants, and the famous Raj mandir - the theatre hall, is at walking distance. Thank you once again for your feedback and looking forward to welcome you again at Vesta.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one night booked as an overnight stay as part of an excursion. The hotel appears to be miles from the city centre if you fancied making your way there. At best it could be average. There appears to be an abundance of staff at the front desk but have no idea what they do as they rarely appeared to come out from there. However, I found most staff willing to help but all wanted payment, but I guess that is India! The room overlooked the front of the hotel and was tidy but very basic. The wallpaper and furniture apart from the tv all appeared to have seen better days. The sheets and pillows, hmmmm! The bathroom had limited facilities with no bathtub but a wet area with shower. The water was hot but the shower base became lethal when we as it was marble. However, no hot water was available from the sink tap. there is internet access available at a charge. The food in the restaurant was average with little choice but in fairness was tasty. I didn't go to the swimming pool but I believe there was one.

Would I stay there again nope, nor would I book it personally or recommend it.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Hudson0605

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely regret that our services and facilities did not live up to your expectations. We would like to bring to your kind notice that Vesta Maurya Palace is located in the heart of M.I road, Panchbatti area, which in turn is stated as the centre point of the city. Vesta management has noted your concerns regarding upkeeping of room upholstery, furniture, bathroom supplies, and supply of hot water. We ensure you to take effective measures to eradicate such types of issues in near future. Vesta Management assures you that we serve each and every guest with equal importance keeping in mind that it is our utmost duty, not to draw any extra money from guests. We do have a swimming pool on the roof top of the hotel. However thank you for appreciating our food. We request you not to site these incidents as an example of our standard of service and do give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was on a multi-city roadshow and my budget permitted to stay in this hotel considering the amenities that were listed on Tripadvisor.

I had an advance booking through makemytrip and checked in at the hotel at 3:00 am in the morning, the first thing that came to me was a "rude shock" at the front desk, won't like to specify any name. However, I expected that gentleman to be human and not an IVR that kept repeating the same statement continuously.

I was travelling with my business partner (Female) and we had all our documents and identity proofs, I was instantly told to take 2 rooms or simply no check-in as they would only allow married couple to stay, I was compelled to ask why would they call themselves a "Business Hotel" and not a "Honeymoon Hotel" if that was a pre-requisite. Apparently, I couldn't make sense to the gentleman at the front-desk, neither he could any to me. I demanded to speak to a supervisor and I was denied outright to any communication, I was told his manager was in his room and sleeping and wouldn't like to be disturbed. I had to literally ask the gentleman if the whole hotel was left on his responsibility at that hour? That's where I was made to speak to the in charge and he let us check in. Now, that's a kind of welcome, I am not really used to being in the Advertisement / Event industry. I thought the whole situation could have been different should there had been some one responsible or well trained professional at the reception.

I checked in and then came the horror, no hot water in the night until I had to keep calling the reception and no body would answer, I finally called the hotel boardline from my cell phone and told them about it, they fixed it. So I summarized, hot water was pretty much on "On-demand" basis, be sure to call for it at least 20 mins before you decide to bath!

Rooms were stained, chairs were stained. Hotel had all the amenities of a 4 star property. However, it was NOT maintained. Mini bar was not stocked, when I inquired about the discrepancy on the mini bar menu and actual stock they told me "That's the way it is". Toiletries were not replaced when I checked in, I had to ask them to do the needful.

Now, the good part - Food was awesome. Room service staff were courteous, quick and well trained. Location of the hotel is good, the view from my room was pretty plush with the tennis courts being the sight. I extended my stay for a day as it was observed as a "Bundh" and had nothing to do. I extended for getting all the amenities (though stained) for a rock-bottom price. great food and excellent room service staff.

In a nutshell, great property, great location, good food. Should you not want to spend too much yet want to stay at a 3 star hotel (or nearing 4 star) this is the place.

Room Tip: Check the room before you zero out on one. The rooms on the front side having the tennis court view...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Psy_Attack
banerjeeJaipur, Manager at Vesta Maurya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We regret for the inconvenience faced by you during your Check-in. We have noted your concern highlighted by you in your feedback and ensure you to take immediate and effective action to eradicate this type of problem in future. We have given needful briefing to housekeeping regarding the cleanliness and stocking of mini bar and also to front office to avoid such type of inconvenience and handle situation more tactfully. Night duty manager is always accessible and they are been kept specifically to address guest problems at night and make them comfortable. However thank you for appreciating our location, room service, F&B staff and food. Looking forward to make your future stays more comfortable with us.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

If I could picket a sign outside staying "beware" I would. The location is ok and the rooms aren't too bad but the staff on the front desk were cruel! We stayed on the 15th September for 3 nights and felt like we were in a prison. The bell boy and room service people are the ones that should be at the front desk! We were sent in all directions when we asked for the nearest place to buy water (as they wouldn't give us any but would to the Indians staying). It took 3 hours of trying to get the Internet password from them even tho we had payed for it. We wanted to hire a taxi to take us from Jaipur to Delhi and they told us the travel desk would contact us with the best price but we had to wait in our room for the representative to arrive. He never showed. We asked for a taxi to crystal mall (again at the front desk). We waited 30 mins before we found another taxi to go with. We complained about the pool as it was the worst water I've seen with Indian men jumping in and out with their white pants on. We booked this hotel as we thought it would be child friendly but the front desk staff (yet again) were swearing at him in Hindu behind our back. We're a couple in our late 20'a with a 10 year old son and were white. Colour seems to make a difference to how your treated at this hotel. I hope management see this and sack the staff at the front as this is obviously not the first time people have had problems with them, looking at the other reviews. I'm going through makemytrip.com to get my money back. I have travelled the world and stayed in hostels yet this place has to be the worst by far. Don't let the photoshopped pictures fool you!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Iloveaustralia1

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the problems faced by you during your recent stay with us. W e have taken needful action in reference to your complain about front office. We have also taken action to enhance the speed of WI-FI connectivity and also instructed the travel desk for prompt response and service. We have also put in strict measures regarding the cleanliness of swimming pool water. Vesta management assures you that we value each and every guest with equal importance and do not differentiate anybody on the grounds of colour, caste, religion etc. We request you not to take this incident as an example of our services and do give us opportunity to provide you with the best of our services.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed there for 2N3D in Aug'12. I booked the rooms after reading the reviews. I had my fingers crossed after reading about the car parking. It was glad to see hotels own parking of around 5-6 cars. The hotel is located on the MI road which is a very upmarket shopping area in Jaipur. Not on the main road, but the hotel is just inside a small lane and hence away from the noisy street. We enjoyed our evening strolls on the MI road and also the fresh pastries at a patisserie just next to the hotel. Loads of food joints surround the hotel on a walking distance. Dominos, KFC, McDonald's and other fine dine restaurants. We got the rooms that overlooked the tennis court.
Lobby is very well decorated with medieval paintings and architecture. Rooms were totally opposite with western designs. I was not expecting clean rooms and bed linen but they were. Washroom was again clean but not to every nook and corner. Towels were clean and fresh. The water running in the taps is hard enough to irritate you while rubbing the soap and will do magic to your hairs!! Avoid shampooing your hairs. For some reason hot water was discontinued after 6 pm in the evening.
Room service was also satisfactory as they always fulfilled my request for more tea bags though not in time.
Breakfast was again good on day one with south/north indian and continental varieties. Only corn flakes, omelette and butter toast were the only things in continental. Service was not good in the breakfast on day two as most of the time the buffet table remained empty and the waiters then had to go to each table to serve what people were waiting for.
On the second day, breakfast had almost the same menu, infact a bit less.
Checkout was hussle free as we had an advance booking through make my trip but the staff at the reception was too casual to announce that some of the amount was unpaid without even checking into the system.
Else the staff was good and helpful be it room service, restaurant or the reception.
I would highly recommend visiting a lounge opposite Rajmandir. Its the Delta Lounge. I really enjoyed the food and the ambience.
Overall the stay was good enough keeping in mind the room rent we paid. Its a good deal in that amount. No complaints otherwise, the glitches I mentioned are expected even when we are in a five star.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Karan C
banerjeeJaipur, Manager at Vesta Maurya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for your detailed feedback and appreciation. We sincerely regret for the shortcomings you faced during your recent stay and assure you to take effective measure to address the problem effectively. Thank you once again and looking forward to welcome you again at Vesta.

Arnab Banerjee
Asst.central reservation & Marketing Manager.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

(I actually stayed there a few years ago - earlier than the date selection allows).
If you are used to North American hotels and this is your first stay in India, there will be no culture shock. It equates to a middle-of-the-road North American hotel with similar room facilities. Don't be put off by the location on a rutty side-street.
The breakfast was fine, and there are several good restaurants (I forget the names) nearby for dinner. The location is central.
It is also just around the corner from several large fields frequently used for weddings. If one is taking place (quite a sight) go to the entrance, find some family member to talk to, and you will likely be invited inside - for a really authentic and fantastic Indian experience.
Also, have a drink at the fabulous 5 star Rambagh Palace Hotel - a former Maharaja's Palace (you likely can't afford to eat there).
No advice on tours - there are many - and many sights worth seeing. But then, that's why you went to Jaipur).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Donalda W
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and appreciation. We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you once again for your patronage and looking forward to welcome you again at Vesta.

Arnab Banerjee
Asst Central Reservation & Marketing Manager.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

"We have stayed at the hotel three times now and it has been a pleasure everytime.The staff is very polite and helpful.The hotel was also very good for the money paid.And the apartment hotel was in a great location for easy access to the subway. Service of hotel staff was very good. Although it was...... In the future we will recommend your hotel to other people!"

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
banerjeeJaipur, Manager at Vesta Maurya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and appreciation. We are delighted to learn that our services and facilities has lived up to your expectations. Your encouraging feedback has been shared with the entire team and it will motivate us to deliver quality service every time. Thank you once again for your patronage and looking forward to welcome you again at Vesta.

Asst.Central Reservation & Marketing Manager