“Wonderful family stay”

Naindevi Homestay
Ranked #208 of 498 Jaipur B&B and Inns
“Wonderful family stay”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My stay in Jaipur has been an absolute pleasure, thanks to Naindivi homestay. From the moment you arrive Sanjeev and Seema, along with their daughters make you feel welcome and at home. Their kindness and support, not to mention Seema's wonderful cooking and the outstanding room are what makes this the place to stay in Jaipur. If you are looking to get away from hotels, and stay in a home where your experience and comfort are paramount... Naindivi has it all.

• Stayed March 2012
naindivi, Owner at Naindevi Homestay, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Hello Justin,

Thank you for your review here. We Look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Wishes,

NAINDIVI TEAM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Sanjeev & Seema are wonderful, kind & caring hosts. Seemas cooking is delicious! The location is a short richshaw ride away from everything. We had hot water, the most comfortable bed (very big), & wifi access.
Very highly recommended!! We will go back again!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank amoslandrybasket
Florence, Italy
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We spent 3 nights at this homestay and enjoyed it very much.
Seema is an excellent cook(her masala tchai , freshly made and served in mugs, is the best we had during our trip) and Sandjeev can help with your itinerary and transportations, because he owns a travel agency.
Our room with en suite was very confortable and if you go in January, their coldest month, they will be happy to provide a heater.
We were looked after and welcomed like members of the family.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paola Z
Toronto
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Traveled through Jaipur for a few days and stayed at this homestay - certainly glad we did. It's a convenient location in the middle of the residential pat of the city. The family running the stay is in the hospitality and travel business and took great care of us and addressed all our needs. They gave us the option of a deluxe room and another not so deluxe but much quieter room which we chose based on our requirements - a very fussy child accompanying us :) Our room wasn't the fanciest but it was just like a residential home would have and the important point for us - no bugs and unexpected sights or smells. I don't miss the view out the windows but the open terrace outside the room was great for relaxing in the winter sun which is quite warm for north american standards!
Breakfast was great during all days we stayed there. It's convenient the maids just bring the meals right into the room. There's wasn't a lot of sit down room for meals in the room but we didn't have that requirement.
We had a tight agenda so we missed the opportunity to have more meals in the house. Sanjeev and Seema and their daughters were very professional in demeanor yet very homely and warm. We feel Seema went above and beyond to make our family comfortable especially when they decorated their apartment and the area outside our room with Christmas decorations on Xmas eve that our baby just loved. It was sweet and tremendously appreciated. I will recommend this to anyone visiting the city on a budget.
You do need a taxi and Sanjeev will hook you up in case you don't come with one prebooked. Sanjeev made money exchange a breeze for us as well. Plus you can ask about shopping and eating recommendations from them. All in all a wonderfull experience.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Excellent and extremely comfortable homestay in Jaipur. I stayed here for 3 nights over Diwali 2011. After spending so much time on trains, planes and buses getting around India and crashing in lots of anonymous hotel rooms, this was the perfect respite - big, comfortable bed, clean, spacious bathroom, home cooked food and great company.

Sanjeev went out of his way to receive me late at night from the train, accommodate me for meals and drinks, and give me and other travelers lots of invaluable advice about Jaipur and India. Especially fun was Diwali itself, for which the family decorated the house with beautiful colours and threw a fabulous, spontaneous outdoor firework party. Forget hotels - this is the way to experience Jaipur and Indian life. Thank you so much, Sanjeev, Seema and family, for your unforgettable hospitality!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed August 13, 2011

It started in may 2011. Without any further expectations I flew to Jaipur...I thought I will stay in quite a different place than I've ever seen before...an indian place...
It was...but what kind of a place. Beautiful! Big...just wonderful...a big bed....and a bathroom for my own...wow. Did absolutely NOT expected something like that.
The "welcome" by the family was so warm and wonderful, you feel comfortable right away! And they are so beautiful!

What people say about India is true. "You come as a guest and leave as family!"

They feel like family and I do miss them unbelieveable much now that I'm back.

Sima is my favorite and personal 5-star-cook now - although she might not know it yet ;-))
But she is! She has such a great personality, very caring and warm and calm...which you will miss back home if you stay any longer and get to know her.
Sanjeev, the man of the house is always ready for a chat...and tells you whatever you wanna know about the city, state, country...
It is a family and so it is absolutely special to got this life-experience with them. At which place would you get such a chance? In a hotel? No...

You learn things in this house which you never would while staying somewhere else, which you never expected to learn. Things about the indian family and culture. Things which are necessary to know about this culture if you have an interest in staying long in India or doing business there.

I would NEVER wanna miss that time with those wonderful people!

Even if you wanna stay only for a short time...or a few nights...it is the best place you could choose. You feel welcome and safe...plus they have really good rooms in which you don't miss anything AND you get the best chai!

I give them my warmest recommendation!

And what describes it all best? I keep them in my heart.
I have nothing to add.
Oh...one thing. I MISS them!!!

"Will see you again, Sima, Nanu, Divita, Sanjeev...and I'm looking forward to it!"

Huge hugs and kisses!

---if you like to read more about my time in Jaipur....I have written a blog, it is in german...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
naindivi, Owner at Naindevi Homestay, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dearest Michaela,

We were very happy to have you stay with us. Cherishing each moment you have spent here. It is indeed a pleasure to have been in touch with you till date. Looking Forward to seeing you very soon.

Love,

NAINDIVI FAMILY.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2011

It starts at the door with Seema's huge grin You realize you have entered somewhere very special Another huge grin from Sanjeev and you are home for the next few days. The entire family is a delight and making you feel special is 2nd nature to them. The meals are fabulous, glad they don't charge by the plate cause it just keeps coming. Well worth eating and breaking bread with them.
Their help with any shopping or sightseeing is terrific. Sanjeev is excellent with his advice of not only Jaipur but other areas as well.
All in all a terrific choice and you won't be remotely disappointed!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple