“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #60 of 376 Hotels in Jaipur
London, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

This wonderful Heritage hotel is run by the most helpful owner who goes to great extent to make you feel welcome and help in all matters to a guest in Jaipur Rajasthan.
The hotel is beautiful and full of original fittings and paintings. There is a private area with restaurant on the roof.
I would whole heartedly recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank stiletto_11
vijaygautam11, General Manager at Hotel Baba Haveli, responded to this review, April 21, 2011

Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.

after having ur this review,i come to know that i m doing properlly my job,and i have to do all the time same like this and i will keep it continue.for me ur this review is like as Real reward my net real earning.

It was a Great pleasure to have you at the Baba Haveli and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Vijay Gautam.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Helsinki
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

We stayed at Baba Haveli for 2 nights in March. The hotel is located a little out of the way, but we had a car so it was really no trouble (I also think that with auto rickshaws/taxis it would work out fine). Having travelled in India quite a bit, I have to say that for this class and price of a hotel, Baba Haveli is a very good option. It is extremely clean, and the service is very friendly. The owner is very helpful, and I also noted that he makes an effort to reply to feedback, which can only be a positive thing. The breakfast is simple, but sufficient. Overall the price-quality ratio of this hotel is very good. I would really recommend it to anyone staying in Jaipur.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rarala

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

Very nice place to stay in Jaipur with vijay gautam as our host... Our son Joe loved it!

• Stayed February 2011

Peterborough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

The good parts first - the welcome and service were excellent. This is quite a way from anything in Jaipur so you have to brave the touts, including the manager, to get anywhere. My daughter and wife both got food poisoning in Jaipur and this is the only place thet ate. I cannot definitely say it was the hotel food although the suspect meal arrived late and luke warm so it may be just an unlucky break for us. Definitely spoilt Jaipur for us and quite a part of the rest of our trip. The beds were on the small side and I found it difficult to sleep (I'm only 5'9").

• Stayed February 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Phil_UK57
Bratislava
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

Because of missed train we have arrived to the hotel at 2:30am. Mr. Gautam was personally navigating the driver to get us to the hotel and despite the deepest night he welcommed us very warmly with the smile at his face like it was noon!!! He confirmed our in-advance payment immediately and we were checked-in in 5 minutes without any unnecessary administration.

Mentioned smile has never dissappeared from Mr. Gautam´s face. He was almost unearthly friendly, helpful, and was all the time asking wether we are OK or missing something to ensure himself that we are satisfied.

So the unbeatable benefits are:

1. The owner, Mr. Gautam himself. I have never met anybody so frindly and caring as himself!!!
2. Heritage styled hotel is new, nice decorated, every room has original theme refering to the famous forts at Rajasthan. So you will permanently feel the touch of the Rajasthan´s famous history.
3. Hotel and rooms are spotlessly clean, with quiet aircon, comfortable bed, nice historical (I am sure that valuable) furniture
4. Best part is the bathroom with spotlessly clean and brand new tiles, with powerful shower and hot water.
5. Simple, but delicious breakfast was served directly in our lobby at the entrance to our room. Even when we were leaving the hotel sooner as it has opened kitchen, Mr. Gauam managed to prepare our breakfast in-advance, and packed it so we could enjoy it at our early departure!!!
6. At the hotel you can order great Indian food and enjoy it at the hotel´s roof with great view of the Jaipur.
7. Hotel is disanced around 3km from the centre, but i consider it to be great advantage, because the street is clean and silent - what you will appreciate especially during the night.

I do not what else to say. I would like to thank once again to Mr. Gautam for serving us perfectly and wish all the best to him and also to his business. We really hope to return once back again just to enjoy that unforgetable atmosphere!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TrickyX
vijaygautam11, Owner at Hotel Baba Haveli, responded to this review, February 28, 2011
Respected sir,

Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.

after having ur this review,i know that i m doing properlly my job,and i have to do all the time like this and i will keep it continue.for me ur this review is my net real earning.

Cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2011

I stayed here on my first (and so far only) trip to India. As a woman travelling alone I was a little nervous about what to expect, but the hotel was like an oasis of calm in the chaos of India I'd experienced up to that point. The meals were great and even with a medical condition, I didn't get sick at all. It was such a relief to be able to go out during the day and know I had a calm and beautiful place to come back to. Eating on the roof terrace while watching the sun set was so peaceful.

i was initially put off by one of the bad reviews of this place which almost made me not go, but i'm so pleased I did. The owner is very friendly and cannot do enough for you, but I didn't find it sleazy at all. I was very grateful for the help and advice he gave me, and never felt awkward being a woman by myself. I thought the owner was very respectful and genuine. I also found he knows a lot about tourism...at one point he explained to me beforehand what a driver (which he had not found for me) would do and where he would take me, and it was true to the letter.

I'd recommend Hotel Baba Haveli to anyone who's interested in meeting and chatting to Indians, and would definitely stay there again if I'm ever back in Jaipur.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Workington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2011

Booked this hotel before leaving for India following the excellent reviews on here and was not disappointed.
Communication leading up to arrival was 1st class, they provided a free transfer to the hotel/home from the train station and once there we were made more than welcome with a relaxed feel.
The rooms are very clean, with hot water and the food was also nice.
Pawan Gautam arranged travel arrangements to visit all the main sites whilst staying here at excellent prices and he was also useful in suggesting places that you maybe havn't heard of in the guide books.
Overall we were more than happy with our stay here and the family at Hotel Baba are a credit to India and Jaipur.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple