“A perfect clean and full-service hotel, value for money!”
Review of Hotel Baba Haveli

Hotel Baba Haveli
Ranked #65 of 389 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed November 23, 2010

This hotel is perfect for a stay in Jaipur, not too expensive, very nicely decorated, clean rooms and a very kind hotel owner. If you are looking for a pleasant stay, book this one!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 21, 2010

Nice little place (though, not really a heritage haveli as it feels brand new and is newly fitted out). Our room was a bit small, but nice and neat and painted with a bright Rajasthani mural border.

The owner was very helpful and dinner here was delicious.

Though, be careful of Sethi, the driver who picks you up. We had negotiated a price and arranged to be driven to Agra. The night before, we rang to confirm pick-up time and found out that the price changed, upwards! By that stage, the Rajasthan tourist office was closed and we weren't able to organise a car until late the next morning (spoiling our travel plans). We also found out that ALL the prices he'd quoted us were inflated and he'd basically been trying to rip us off. We complained to the front desk and felt like it was dealt with seriously (so it's no reflection on Hotel Baba's quality). If hiring a car, go with the Rajasthan Tourist Office.

Reviewed November 21, 2010

Stayed for 3 nights in October 2010 with my boyfriend.

Had a really enjoyable time here. I found Jaipur very busy and hectic so it was a lovely contrast to have a peaceful, calm hotel.

The front door to Baba Haveli is gorgeous dark wood in a traditional haveli style and the rooms are all clean, well lit and well decorated. There was a throw on the bed, beautiful painting on the edges of the room/corners.

The bathroom was also clean with hot water 24 hours which had to be operated by pressing one of the switches.

I found VijayBhai (the owner) very friendly and fatherlike. I came to check the room before finalising the booking and he gave me the choice of two rooms and kept the one I liked aside. He gave us advice on what to see and how to get to the attractions we had chosen. We forgot our passports at reception when we left and realised this when we arrived in Agra. We were both very stressed about this and worried how to organise to get them back from Agra as many people offered to help us in Agra but we did not trust them after witnessing scams in our first 10 minutes. VijayBhai organised that same day to return them to us and we had our passports safely by evening in Agra. We are so grateful for that.

We are vegans and so he kindly went through the breakfast and made adjustments to the regular menu.

The haveli is a bit out of town but from the main road you can catch an auto or cycle rickshaw to wherever you want to go so we did not find this a problem.

Reviewed November 19, 2010

Probably 1 of the 2 best places we stayed at during our 3 week stay in India. The staff were so friendly at all times, and nothing was too much trouble

The hotel was converted from a family home a couple of years ago as i understand it. They've done a great job decorating the rooms with murals and paintings of local temples, forts and palaces. Its a little out of town but only Rs100 in a tuk-tuk from the city centre. A couple of drivers struggled to find it, probably as its not been a hotel for long

There's a beautifully kept roof terrace where we had breakfast each morning and dinner twice. Food was great, and good value. Only negative comment i would make was that we couldnt get hot water in the shower, though to be fair to the hotel, we didnt tell them while we were there so might be its on a timer

Highly recommend Baba Haveli!

Reviewed November 16, 2010

From the moment I arrived I was warmly greeting and throughout my stay, I truly felt like I was at home. There is an abundance of friendly genuine smiles.
This was the best place I stayed at in India and my only regret is that I didn't spend more time at Baba Haveli. Words cannot trully express how glad I was to stay there.
The rooms are lovely and attention is paid to every detail. The roof is an extra special experience.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2010

This charming haveli is located about 15minutes from the Old City by cycle rickshaw. It being a bit away from the City center is only inconvenience but it is also its advantage, as you stay away from noise and pollution.
My room was clean, comfortable, cozy and had quaint charm.
Mr.Gautam was very sweet during my stay, and I was able to arrange a personal city tour with a driver through his services, which was great.
I didn't get the opportunity to taste authentic food at the restaurant, otherwise, everything went very smoothly.
This is definitely an address I recommend and which I will return to should I go back to Jaipur or even Rajasthan (Mr.Gautam can also provide larger services for those wishing to discover greater Rajasthan).

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Baba's building his business. He's a hard worker, and has a wonderful family helping him grow a haven for tourists visiting the bustling city of Jaipur. You're invariably here shopping, and after a day in Jaipur's hectic aura, Baba's hospitality is a refreshing end to the day. Rooms are clean, food is good, and it's a click or two out of the madness, so it's relatively quiet.
It's good value and honest. Great view's from the roof.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends