“A very pleasant stay at Ratan Haveli.”
Review of Karma Haveli

Karma Haveli
Ranked #33 of 494 Jaipur B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“A very pleasant stay at Ratan Haveli.”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed in the haveli with my and my brother's family from 27th march to 30th march,2014. I must say this is a very nice and beautiful place to stay with your family. One must not expect a very big deal from the said Resort as the name suggests as a big haveli or sort of . But I must say the place has some amount of uniqueness and elegance of its own. It is a very nice, small and well maintained property having indoor games,gymnasium and a small pool in the form of a Bawadi giving it a traditional and a rural touch.

Hospitality is good. All the staff members are very cordial. In house tour management for sightseeing by the Resort is so handy and useful at reasonable rates that one does not need to go anywhere else to search for making booking for sightseeing. We went to Agra on 29-3-2014 for seeing Fatehpur Sikri and Tajmahal and returned the same day at night. I must say we were provided with a brand new Toyota Innova Car with an efficient driver at most reasonable rates with full transparency and which also included a guide at Tajmahal, Agra.

Since we stayed there only for three days we could not stay for long in the resort itself to enjoy its amenities as most of the time was consumed in Jaipur and Agra sightseeing. But I will certainly visit this Resort again just for relaxation purpose with my family in the near future.

Tips for room: Go for room no. 106 on the ground floor. It has a tub in the bathroom and room has its charm of its own. Avoid room no.109 on the ground floor.

Suggestion for resort authorities: As I have already suggested in my feedback form please introduce a small separate kitchen in your restaurant for preparing veg. food for pure vegetarians guests and members.

Room Tip: Go for Room No. 106 or 205 as these rooms have tub in the bathroom. Avoid room no. 109 on the ground...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
RattanHaveli, General Manager at Karma Haveli, responded to this review, April 3, 2014

Greetings from Ratan Haveli, Jaipur!!

First of all on behalf of my team I thank you for making time to review our resort on Trip Advisor. We are very grateful for your valuable and lovely comments about Ratan Haveli, Jaipur. Positive feedbacks of yours always serve as a strong motivation to all of us and always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and services.

We all are glad to know that during your stay with us we were able to meet your expectations of great services.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at Ratan Haveli, Jaipur and we look forward to welcoming you again in near future.

Sukhjender Pal Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I booked resort through the RCI being a member. This was my first stay in any RCI property after membership. The resort was good but in a photograph shown on the RCI site appears to be big and spacious that is not the case. However, facilities were good and room was comfortable. I am of the view that guest should be given the choice to select the rooms as and when available. Rooms on first and second floor look to be more spacious and attractive to stay as guest can use and enjoy the terrace also. Staff service was good. However, the receptionist lady needs to be more polite and cordial. Restaurant need to have more varieties in food. Vehicles provided by Travel Desk need to be equipped with mobile charger, sun protector and music systems with CDs. This is helpful when guest travels for a whole day in Jaipur or nearby locations. Rest is fine.

Room Tip: rooms on first and second floor to be preferably selected.
1 Thank ManishAsarkar
RattanHaveli, General Manager at Karma Haveli, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Greetings from Ratan Haveli, Jaipur!!!

Thank you for choosing Ratan Haveli, Jaipur we’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate your having spared valuable time to give us your valuable feedback, as your feedback goes a long way to improving our services.

I thank you for your constructive feedback regarding front office and travel desk. I am sure during your next visit to Ratan Haveli, Jaipur, you will be more satisfied with our services.

It was indeed a great pleasure having you at Ratan Haveli, Jaipur. I and my staff sincerely look forward to your next visit to serve you.

With warm regards,
New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 26, 2014

i booked the resort through RCI. the rci fellow said that the resort is of premium quality and that it charges 20,000 per day. it was a shock to see the rattan haveli. it is very difficult to find this place as it is not accessible by GPS. moreover the haveli is very small and unattractive. the interior is better comparatively. people and staff are good. but since it is located in a narrow street commutation is difficult. parking is the other problem as the parking lot is at a distance of 100 metres from the hotel.

Room Tip: rooms are good. really looks like a haveli of the 19th century. but location is terrible. staff good...
1 Thank rahulgautam
RattanHaveli, General Manager at Karma Haveli, responded to this review, March 27, 2014

Greetings from Ratan Haveli, Jaipur!!

First of all on behalf of my team I thank you for making time to review our resort on Trip Advisor. We are very grateful for your valuable comments about Ratan Haveli, Jaipur.

As Ratan Haveli is about 250 year old haveli and was built even before Jaipur into existence, the location is in old Jaipur and as inmany other old city of India, space is limited and hence we made this arrangement for parking in another plot 100 meters away from haveli. I am sure you will agree with me that despite the haveli being so old, still we have managed to retain the true heritage value of this Haveli.

I am glad that you liked our services.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at Ratan Haveli, Jaipur and me and my staff look forward to welcoming you again in near future.

Pune, India
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Not a luxurious resort that you would typically expect from a Royal Resorts affiliate, so don't expect luxurious interiors, great décor and well done rooms etc.

This place is a typical Bed & Breakfast place. The Haveli is a neat and well kept place. The rooms and the Bathrooms were very clean, just like you would find in your own home. The beds sheets were clean, although the beds were a tad old. You had to call and place your dinner and breakfast requirements earlier, so that they could prepare it in advance and serve you hot. The stairs to the second floor / terrace are very narrow and steep. An earlier review on Trip advisor suggested we ask for Room 301, which we did. In fact we took 3 rooms on that floor. Turns out these rooms open directly, into the terrace - with splendid views to the surrounding hills and a temple atop that hill. Was lovely to have early morning tea in open air.

I would certainly stay here again, and recommend folks wanting a comfortable, clean B&B in Jaipur to stay here as well.

Room Tip: If you are ok with climbing a steep narrow staircase, ask for rooms on the top floor - specifically...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
RattanHaveli, General Manager at Karma Haveli, responded to this review, March 16, 2014

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Perhaps not the ideal room layout for our unit, but very high quality accommodation. Serviced daily, the staff were willing to assist. Buffet breakfast very good. Restaurant staff perhaps over eager and almost intrude into personal space. Lashings of hot water. Located in a narrow suburban street, it's not easy to access if you have a large vehicle. There is parking space about three houses back up the road and somewhere nearby for your driver.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RattanHaveli, General Manager at Karma Haveli, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Greetings from Ratan Haveli, Jaipur!!!

I thank you for your constructive feedback especially about restaurant staff. I will be sharing your comments with all my food and beverage staff and during your next to Ratan Haveli, Jaipur you will definitely find positive changes in Restaurant staff.

I and my team thank you for your patronage and look forward to receiving you very soon at Ratan Haveli, Jaipur.

With best regards,
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We are members of the Karma Resorts and my husband and I stayed at this historic Hotel November 2012. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay - the staff were fabulous and we had a great driver Ratan Singh who drove us for 4 of the 7 days. Jaipur is a beautiful city and we hope to return one day and one of the people we want to see is Ratan. I am surprised he is only a driver because he was so helpful and made our stay very welcoming and enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Annette R
RattanHaveli, General Manager at Karma Haveli, responded to this review, January 23, 2014

Greetings from Ratan Haveli, Jaipur!!!

Thank you for your valuable feedback, It is great to hear that your stay with us was "enjoyable". Team here at Ratan Haveli, Jaipur are indeed our biggest strength and thank you for appreciating their efforts.

We at Ratan Haveli, Jaipur value your patronage and sincerely look forward to your next visit to serve you.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Normally rains are expected from the last week of July, in jaipur region and so we had planned to be there to see the Teej Festival, a colourful festival of Rajasthan, which is celebrated for welcoming the rains. We stayed in this Hotel, which comes under the Odessey Group of resorts and Hotels( Royal Goan Resorts) where I have a time share property. This is an old palace converted in to a Hotel with out changing the heritage value of the Building. It is a good Hotel with comfortably furnished rooms. and Well maintained gardens. there is a very good restaurant in this Hotel which serves delicious food of all types including the traditional Rajasthani dishes. There is no such thing as conventional swimming pool here, but there is a small heritage pool with in the palace building, with steps, meant for the ladies of the royal family in the earlier days. the best part of this Hotel is the pleasing manners of the friendly staff starting from the manager to all others and the staff in the restaurant.There is also a travel desk, who take care of our travel needs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gajarajan1947
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Ratan Haveli, Jaipur !!!

We appreciate you having spared valuable time to give us your feedback, as your feedback goes a long way to improving our services. Team here at Ratan Haveli, Jaipur are indeed our biggest strength and thank you for appreciating their efforts. It’s feedback such as yours that encourages us to improve consistently and provide the best hospitality experience that we possibly can. I look forward to personally welcoming you back soon at Ratan Haveli, Jaipur.