“lovely little guesthouse”

and 1 more site!
Vinayak Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 454 Specialty Lodging in Jaipur
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Well what can I say? A lovely little guest house run by the most welcoming family I met while I was in India.. The room I stayed in was lovely.. Comfy bed with private bathroom where there was always hot water available.. Nothing was ever too much trouble for Raman and his family and when my taxi to the airport failed to turn up on the day I departed Raman himself took me to the airport even tho it was 430am!! I had 2 nights here and I only wish I had stayed longer.. Wifi worked great also and the food was amazing.. Thank you so much Raman and family!

Room Tip: I had room 108.. Lovely room
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed October 23, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights and cant say enough good things about it.
When we arrived we were greeted with a very warm welcome from the owner. He showed us to our room which was lovely. The first place we had visited in India (bearing in mind we are travelling on a tight budget) where the owners had put real thought into the aesthetics of the room. During our stay here we had all our plans for our time in India unravel, nothing to do with the hotel or Jaipur but a taxi friver cancelling on us!. However as we rushed around researching and trying to make a new plan the hotel owner and his son went out of their way to help, including letting me use their phones free of charge and allowing me to give their mob number to the people i was calling so they could call back. They kept having to come find me as i received a few calls and they didnt bat an eyelid. This place is comfortable, pretty, friendly, clean and great value!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We originally planned to stay 2 nights and stayed 3. The room was spacious, comfortable and clean. Hot water was controlled by a switch in the room so available at all times. The staff were super friendly going out of their way for advice and help. There is a rooftop restaurant and although the food is not wonderful it is at a good price. Location is great for the train station (10 mins walk or 5 mins rickshaw ~30 rps), but a bit further to the city centre and main tourist attractions (~30-40 min walk or rickshaw ~~80-100 rps). Would recommend this for anyone staying in Jaipur.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We got a warm welcome and a tasty marsala chai on arrival, our room was clean and bright with a decent TV and one of the few hot showers that we found in our 6 weeks in India. Raman was wonderful, organised loads of stuff for us all at good prices and we had a great time chatting to him about the Hindu culture and how to get a wife in India!

Room Tip: Another girl staying here said a couple of the rooms she saw were a bit dark so if you haven't b...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank LizzieD13
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Thanks Raman for the hospitality. This place is out of the hustle and bustle of the pink city, but a short tuk-tuk ride away. The place felt very safe and comfortable. Very quiet at night, which is well needed after the excitement of the city during the day. My wife and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We had a really great time staying in this guesthouse. Raman and his family are all very friendly and welcoming and make you feel right at home from the moment you arrive. There is a great rooftop terrace and some lovely home cooked food available, all at a very reasonable price. We thought that its location (being slightly away from the centre of Jaipur) would be an issue, but we actually found we had a more interesting time staying here than if we had been right in the centre. Everything you need is on the doorstep; newsagents, food stalls, rickshaws and even a couple of off-licenses- all with much less of the usual hassle which often comes from being in the old city! The experience was relaxing and more culturally enriching than a bog standard hotel in the centre of Jaipur- not to mention easy access to train station. Chai and a newspaper brought to your room free of charge in the morning was a personal highlight for us! We would highly recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My friend and I stayed in Vinayak Guesthouse for a few days during our tour of India. The place is amazing - big spotless rooms, delicious food, free wi-fi, and the people who run it are one of the friendliest I met during the whole trip. I would definitely recommend it to everyone, and if I ever find myself in Jaipur again I will surely be back!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends