“Average hotel in central Jaipur”
Review of Ratan Niwas

and 1 more site!
Ratan Niwas
Ranked #141 of 380 Hotels in Jaipur
Montreal, Canada
“Average hotel in central Jaipur”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The room was clean, but had no window which can be quite bad not knowing if it is morning or not; meanwhile no noise coming from the street. Even if Wifi was available, they didn't give us the password and had to pay 20rupees to use the boss's computer.
Rooftop restaurant was ok but kind of dirty.

Room Tip: Chose one with a window
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jaipur, India
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I would highly recommend this lovely guest house which is so conveniently located for tourists and corporate guests. Rooms are good compared with the prices you are offered. Great food which is served at the terrace with cozy seating.

Last but not least a very friendly and courteous staff makes you feel like home.

Room Tip: Suite rooms are spacious and reasonably priced too.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

After visiting many other budget hotels in Jaipur and having to move on because of them either having no rooms or being overpriced, I was very fortunate to stumble across Ratan Niwas.

I'm very surprised that it's not in any of the guidebooks, and has me now questioning how I go about finding hotels in the future. Compared all the other budget places Lonely Planet lists like Pink City Guesthouse, Atithi Guesthouse, Karni Niwas, etc the rooms at Ratan Niwas are a mile above them and for only a fraction of the price.

Great location, easy walking distance from the main areas including train station, but in a nice quieter street meaning that you're away from any major road noise.

The wifi worked extremely well and I never had any issues with it. They even have different servers on the second floor and rooftop to ensure a strong signal throughout the hotel. Big TV in all rooms with all the cable channels, and incredible bathrooms with a modern sink and mirror; quite amazing quality of everything especially considering the price you pay. Comfortiest pillows I've had in my past eight months of travel. Towel and toilet paper provided. And it's worth mentioning very friendly room attendants, who helped me out with anything I needed ie some soap. Lovely rooftop restaurant, with very friendly waiters; we even flew a kite together on the roof after I finished my lunch :)

After many months of third world travel, it's easily one of the greatest value hotel rooms I can remember seeing. I honestly missed out on going to the Monkey Temple, because I was so happy spending time in my room. If I didn't have to be in Delhi for NYE, I'd definitely be staying a few more nights.

Highly recommended to all fellow travelers.

• Stayed December 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We ended up accidentally staying here after our intended Lonely Planet guesthouse turned out to be full, and as it turned out we couldn't have been much happier. This place is beautifully decorated with murals and antiques, with well priced rooms and a nice rooftop restaurant - a kind of underdog alternative to the well known Pearl Palace around the corner.
Most importantly for us, Ratan Niwas is run well by an awesomely warm and helpful family who helped us with booking some or our onward travel. Notably, when several weeks later in the trip we required a refund for a failed train booking (not the fault of the hotel), our contact at Ratan went very much out of his way to return us the money (no easy task given we were hundreds of miles away and only operating on English banks). Fantastic commitment to guest hospitality, even long after we'd left Jaipur.

In sum, we had a lovely stay here and would thoroughly recommend Ratan Niwas on all aspects to other budget travellers. Great decor and vibe, great staff.

Room Tip: Our floor room was nice and convenient and had a fantastic bindi-style ceiling mural.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Madrid
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We did not spent a night here but we hire a car + diver services from Jaipur to Agra.
After agree the price and confirming that all taxes would be around 300 IRP we decided to get it.
The trip was as expected, the driver was a nice guy, but the troubles started when getting to Agra. Besides the "highway" taxes (around 300 IRP) we were told to pay the state cross tax, another 300 IRP, and after arriving we were asked to pay another 300 IRP for the back trip, so from the agreed 300 IRPs we finally had to pay around 900 IRP in taxes plus the cost of the trip or course.

So, I would NOT recomend to book any service with this hotel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Val3000
ratanniwas, Owner at Ratan Niwas, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
i completely remember about this guest as my father booked a taxi for the guest, my father mentioned them that the taxi is from Jaipur and the toll tax would be to and fro for Jaipur agra, and there will also be a state tax charge, whenever a taxi service is provided to a guest we make sure that we tell the guest about the charges, to avoid issues, we provide taxi service to many guest and never had an issue with that, i also checked with the driver and he informed me that the guest only wanted to pay one side charges and not 2 sides and also declined to pay state tax.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Ratan Niwas is a sound choice for the budget traveller in Jaipur. It's well located, not far from the train station, in an enclave of similar hotels, including the rightly top rated Pearl Palace (and within 2 mins walk from that hotel's lovely Peacock rooftop restaurant). The food at Ratan Niwas's restaurant is first rate, though the restaurant itself could do with a little more work on it's ambience and furnishings to bring it up to the standard of the Peacock, for example. The major selling point for Ratan Niwas was its very helpful staff, who helped me with both rail and plane onward reservatons, which was invaluable as I was having 'foreign credit card' issues with various reservation systems.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Jaipur, India
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed there with my friends, although I live in Jaipur but due to some reasons I get a chance to stay in this hotel. First of all the Owner Amit Kukreja was very friendly and helpful as my friends were coming from Delhi so he provided the best room with best possibility, the rooms were clean and comfortable,. They opened there kitchen till late night for us. Good food with a nominal price. Also the location of this hotel is centric so we walk to get some things, A good and a nice hotel to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends