“Great stay!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jaipur
Devi Niketan Heritage Hotel
Ranked #72 of 381 Hotels in Jaipur
Brisbane, Australia
“Great stay!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband, sister and I stayed here in early January when the weather was very cold. Thankfully the hotel supplied extra blankets and a heater in each room without asking, and this helped a lot. We had 2 rooms connected by a common sitting area which was perfect. The rooms were spacious and extremely clean, and the bathrooms were the same. Breakfast and dinner were delicious and varied (Indian and non-Indian choices, great omelettes too!), and the staff were all very helpful. The location in Jaipur is close to the centre of things and while on a busy road, the hotel is extremely peaceful and quiet. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Los Angeles, California, USA
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Devi Niketan with two friends for a few days in February, 2013. The hotel was clean, the room was spacious and comfortable and the staff was friendly and accommodating. Breakfast is included and I had delicious omelets each day. For a reasonable price you can also have a home cooked meal for dinner. The lovely owner, Admiral Singh, stops by at mealtime to greet the guests and make sure everyone is having a good time. The decor features interesting historical artifacts and each room is unique. We stayed at 4 hotels during our time in India, two of which were 5 stars, but this was our favorite.

Free wi-fi and excellent water pressure are bonuses! It wasn't warm enough for the pool, but we did sit poolside for awhile and it was lovely. I definitely recommend Devi Niketan!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stay at the Devi Niketan! The rooms are clean & comfortable. The food is delicious. The staff are courteous and helpful. The ambiance is lovely!
Thanks to Admiral Singh for turning his beautiful home into a heritage hotel. His cheerful personality and that upbeat tone in his voice is definitely a plus!

Loved our stay there... And will stay there whenever I visit Jaipur, next!
Divya
Bangalore

Room Tip: All rooms are large and airy. Quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
santa rosa
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed 5 nights at the Devi Nicketan in an upstairs room 14. It faces the back of the property is is calm and quiet, except for when the wedding went past! There are multiple sitting rooms as well as an upstairs courtyard for getting some fresh air.
Breakfast is basic with eggs offered, cereal, toast and fruit. Dinner was always good, I had veg thali.
Best of all the Admiral was very kind and helpful and always came into greet his guests in the morning.

Room Tip: I loved my room 14
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jas55_10
india
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The delightful owners and staff of this lovely HOME (not Hotel) deserve all the wonderful reviews. Although after having read the reviews I realized each n everything has already been said so I wont waste time providing you with the literature of DeviNiketan ( their website http://www.deviniketan.com provides it all ) But focus on penning down my personal interaction with the Owner , the Staff and the other Guests of the Heritage House.

Like most of my other trips, this trip to Jaipur was also planned at the spur of the moment. As always Trip Advisor came to my rescue and opened my doors to a “Home away from Home”( how I wish I belonged to one such Rajasthan Royal family!!!) After entering the main city of Jaipur I frantically called up Devi Niketan for directions ( well it’s a universal fact women lack a sense of direction). The phone was answered by an extremely pleasant and energetic voice- that of Admiral Madhavendra Singh. Who promptly guided me the way to his house.

The moment I arrived I knew I wouldn’t look any further. This was it. On my arrival I wasn’t showered with rose petals as if I were a princess ( Rambagh Palace style) But greeted with the smile of Admiral standing at the Reception waiting for his family to arrive. A firm handshake spoke volumes about the Admiral. It was later that I realized that the owner is a legend in his own right – retired chief of staff of Indian Navy- Admiral Madhvendra Singh. Shaking hands with him in itself was an honor and I was thankful to Trip Advisor for the bonus received. The Admiral is a very respectable & accomplished high ranking retd officer with an incredible lineage of Rajput royal / defense servicemen and yet the Admiral is a down to earth ,friendly and service oriented host who personally attends to phone calls and bookings. He is full of enthusiasm for the traditions of his home state and keen to share his knowledge with all his guests. You are made to feel as though you are all indeed his personal house guests.

Devi Niketan is a family owned & operated Heritage Hotel in central Jaipur. The owner, Admiral Singh is a conscientious host and highly intellectual. The hotel is a haveli or homestay or heritage hotel as they are called in India, that is, it is not a purpose built hotel but originally a private mansion converted into suites or rooms.

I would not humble Admiral Madhavendra Singh's house by calling it a hotel,. Rather it was a Home which had the same rules and regulations ( maybe less) that we had in our own houses. It's a colonial style family house with garden and swimming pool - a haven of peace in the crowded city of Jaipur. This is an interesting historic property, spread over an Acre, that showcases the historical beauty of Rajasthani culture along with the excellent management of resources. It was a larger residence, which is now a small Heritage Hotel (hotel as per trip advisor), with the same family still living in part of the premises. Stay if you want a unique peak into an old historic residential building with the facilities of a 4 or 5 start hotel.

The House has an Excellent location, as it is situated in the heart of town. Staff tended to be unobtrusive, yet were attentive and responsive when necessary. Delicious home cooked food was the USP. A staff that pampers you to the hilt and serves you sumptuous food. Rooms that have all amenities of a five star hotel ( without digging a hole in your pocket). A beautiful house preserved with all the accoutrements of a bygone era. Spectacular welcome, superb accomodation and fantastic food. The hotel also includes several sitting rooms, patio, pool, and dining room that all guests are welcome to enjoy. Safety & Security wise, for a solo female traveller it couldnt have been better. I was very amused to see flags of various countries in the dining area . It was an amazing revelation when I was informed that the Owner has hundreds of flags. As the guests come & go , their respective country flags are displayed in the dining area. What an extremely creative idea. The mornings start with the Admiral’s pleasant greetings followed by a choice of continental or Indian breakfast to suit your taste buds. Even the breakfast had a personal touch in it and baked beans were served with my HOT fav Tobasco (NOT CAPSICO- for those who know the difference). Hospitality was at its best with the Admiral himself giving you a glimpse of the historical background of the city on the breakfast table. He makes sure he interacts with all his guests everyday and helps planning their itinerary by providing valuable inputs . Admiral Singh could not be more charming and hospitable; He is an excellent ambassador for our country. He was a bundle of knowledge &very interesting to converse with. No matter was too small for his attention. Value for traditions is the key. Everyone at the hotel was the epitome of courtesy and service. The warm welcome on arrival mesmerizes the guest for forthcoming hospitality. And trust me you wont be disappointed .

The rooms were lavish and beautiful and we felt as if we had stepped back in time, but with all the comforts and hi-tech additions of today. (wi fi, elec kettles, tv, geyser, heater, elec safes et all). The linens were clean. Most of the ambience in our rooms was provided by the decorated ceiling. The rooms and courtyard were beautiful and you step back in time when you enter this charming old House thats entwined with royal connections. Out of the hustle and bustle of thronged streets into a courtyard of green and peace. A picturesque front n back lawn adds to the amazing experience for you to laze in the sun sipping Ice Tea . The most impressive part about this place is development of the hotel in an eco freindly manner. Such initiatives are need of the hour. The instruction manual provided in each room to help reduce the wastage of electricity and water were very impressive.

There is no commercial air – it is a fully relaxed ambience here. They seemed intent on making the hotel feel like a home. I was offered a handsome discount without much haggling. It was the fastest and smoothest check in & check out I had out of all the hotels I had been to ( trust me the list is endless). No wonder it got the Trip Advisor award for being one of the best Bargain Hotels in India- IT CANT GET BETTER THAN THIS

Devi Niketan is an oasis of calm in the midst of bustling Jaipur.- Tranquil Refuge . There is so much about this place that will remain with me, from the sight of the peacock in the back lawn to the home cooked meals every morning and the fascinating conversations I had with Admiral Singh about India's history and culture. I would highly recommend DEVI NIKETAN to any & every fellow traveler who wishes to stay at an affordable place yet is looking for an ambience of a heritage hotel. This is a place that everyone should visit, to be able to experience the best in Indian hospitality and for a glimpse of what life must have been like for the Maharaja's guests in days gone by... I just couldn't fault the place! Like I cant fault my Home !!!

Admiral Singh, The delightful owner of this lovely Haveli deserves all the wonderful reviews and best wishes for the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ridhiraj
Mississauga
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here. We got in later than anticipated and they were quick to get the basics done and let us head to bed. Breakfast was good being continental with an omelette. We had dinner once and it was our least favourite meal of the trip.

Beds are hard but that is most of the places we stayed in. The place is very clean and you see the staff constantly dusting. Due to timing in and out I didn't actually have a shower here so I'm not sure how that was. They helped us arrange a massage and one of the staff members walked us to an ATM and then to the location and ensured that we knew our way back which was very nice. I did not use earplugs here which says a lot for the lack of noise which was excellent (with the exception of a bird fight on our windowsill the first morning).

• Stayed January 2013
Gurgaon
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Whenever we visit Jaipur, we look nowhere else and head straight to Devi Niketan. It's right behind MI road, excellent location, very close to c-scheme which has all major stores. The rooms are big and clean. The service is very good with the boys running around and assisting you with any need that you may have. The breakfast is well prepared and has a wide range from poha, eggs, toast, juices etc. Admiral Uncle visit us every time we stay and it's always a pleasure to interact with him. He personally ensures that his guests are comfortable. It's truly a home for us in Jaipur!

• Stayed August 2012