“Decent Indian Guesthouse”
Review of Suryaa Villa

Suryaa Villa
Ranked #35 of 389 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Suryaa Villa. The staff did their best to help as needed, the restaurant is very decent, and the grounds are quite lovely. With a few small touches this place could be great. Our primary complaint was the substandard cleanliness. Our room's floor had a stain (ketchup?) when we arrived, and it wasn't cleaned throughout our visit. The hand towel wasn't once changed, despite my efforts to replace the dingy one we had all week. Also, there is no heating and the room was freezing. I was sorry the windows all had gaps. Likely if we visited in July I would have been glad for the breeze.

Finally, for a place that seemed to court western visitors and families, I was surprised there was no crib or baby cot available. We were travelling with a baby and I wouldn't have stayed here had I known no crib was available.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy G
Suryapratap_292, Owner at Suryaa Villa, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind feedback which is genuinely appreciated as we use this to review what improvements we can make to our product and service. I am delighted to note that you felt that you were looked after by our team in general very well and the fact that you enjoyed the food served in our pool-view restaurant.

I have noted that your room wasn't serviced during your stay which I am most concerned about as all the rooms serviced daily by our housekeeping team. However I would like to bring to your notice that we have clearly displayed in the rooms and at the front desk that in order to get your room serviced the guests need to leave their room keys at the reception. Whilst we do not provide heaters in the rooms on arrival, we are more than willing to provide room heaters on request at charge if could have requested one during your stay.

I have noted your comments with regards to cribs being not provided, please be rest assured that we will revisit these to ensure that we have cribs in place for family traveling with children.

I do sincerely hope that we will see you again, and have the opportunity to show you how great The Suryaa Villa truly is.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed here from 17th-19th Jan 2014.Its out of city-centre but good for us since it was close to Diggi Palace where the literary fest takes place every year.
Location is really a down-point as there are no eating-out places nearby besides it being a little forlorn and lost.Not recommeded for ladies on their own-my daughter and I got lost and the bylanes were quiet and shady.
The hotel rooms are good, large but no heating at all -when Jaipur has 5-10 degree temp.Though plenty of coverings.
The attached restaurant-separate-served good food and we thoroughly enjoyed Rajasthani Rotis.The BF buffet was high priced at Rs550 by even Mumbai standards and only served eggs,tea,juice,aloo paranthas and banana.Order as you want-much better and cheaper.
Take care about billing-he did try to add my airport pickup again after i paid it -and somehow i dont think it was a mistake...

Room Tip: backside upper are better, quieter
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Dr. Medha,

Thank you for your review of Suryaa Villa, Jaipur

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the Rajasthani roti's served in our restaurant and found our rooms to be comfortable.

With regard to our location, we would never suggest that we were an obvious choice for easy access to the City but we do find that many people enjoy our location as we are within 10 drive to a host of monuments like Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Albert Hall and Birla Temple

While we do not provide room heaters on arrival, our team is more than willing to provide room heaters on request at no charge if a guests requests. I am sorry this service was extended to you.

I am surprised to know that the charges for the breakfast buffet were wrongly informed to you as 550 as standard charges are INR 275 per person. I am personally going to follow up this with the staff members concerned. With the feedback we received largely from TripAdvisor we have increased the options on our buffets and I am sure our chef will be ecstatic to read your review.

I was especially concerned to read your comment about the billing issue about the airport pick up charges as the charges were included in your booking but the payment is due on arrival, we do not charge the credit card given to guarantee the booking which is clearly advertised on our website.

I very much hope that we can yet encourage you to stay with us again so I can put your above concerns to rest.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 22, 2014

After reading the many positive reviews I expected better from this hotel. The rooms were fine and clean enough, but were never serviced during our stay and we ran out of toilet paper (1 roll provided) and had to buy our own. The room was very cold even after we asked for a heater (which was very small) as we were there in the winter. The shower was quite terrible, rarely hot and with poor water pressure.

The hotel is not nearly as well located as they advertise, it is a long walk (20 - 30 mins) to any of the sights in the old city, and we ended up having to get tuk-tuks everywhere.

The service left a lot to be desired, we put washing in and was promised it would be done that night. We tried to collect it at 10pm and were told they hadn't even started washing it yet. We got it back a whole day late and ended up running out of things to wear.

Stay here if you must, as it is good value for money, but be aware what you'll get.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at Suryaa Villa, Jaipur. I am happy to know that you found out hotel to be clean and value for money which is a top priority for us. However I would like to bring to your notice that we have clearly displayed in the rooms and at the front desk that in order to get your room serviced the guests need to leave their room keys at the reception. Also we provide additional toilet rolls at no charge on request if you would have informed us during your stay with us. I also note that you found our room heaters smaller compared the large size rooms that we offer. Please rest assured that we will revisit these to ensure that we replace them larger and more effective room heaters.

Based on your feedback we have made the necessary changes to our water pump and solar heating panels have been fitted with heating rods to ensure seamless hot water 24/7 even on a cloudy day.

While you have rightly mentioned that we are at a 20 minutes walk to the old city but the distance is less than 2.5 km which is exactly what we have advertised and by tuk-tuk that the travel time is about 5-10 minutes who charge less than INR 50/- for a drop.

Please accept my sincere apologies that we delayed the laundry delivery due to bad weather and unforeseen delay on the part of our vendor. To tackle this issue we have changed our laundry vendor with immediate effect.

Please be rest assured that this has been followed up with my team and I would like to send you a separate private email to reinforce this. I very much hope that I can persuade you to consider trying us once more.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed here for 5 days during the Jaipur Literature Festival. Each room is different and the ambiance is very good. The food maybe a little expensive but the quality is worth the money. The service was good and staff was very helpful. First few days we ate out but when I tried the food here, it was worth every penny. I would want to go here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are different and based on the number of persons staying.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

We thank you for staying at the Suryaa Villa, Jaipur and wish to express our gratitude for having chosen to stay with us.

Thank you for appreciating the room & I am glad that you found the food quality good & worth the money. I have shared your appreciation with my team and again thank you on behalf of my entire team for choosing to stay with us and appreciating us.

With Regards

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Me, my husband and our baby had a very nice stay at Suryaa Hotel. The staff were great and very helpful and the food in the restaurant was good. Only complaint is that the room (which was big and fine) was quite cold as there was no heating and Jaipur was cold the weekend we stayed there. Location was quite but central - 10 minutes by auto. Overall a very nice hotel :)

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Suryaa Villa.

We are pleased to know that you found the hotel location convenient and your overall experience came up as a great one . While we do not provide heaters in all rooms on arrival, our team is more than willing to provide heaters on request. Please accept my sincere apologies as we were not able to extend you this facility.

My entire team at Suryaa Villa, Jaipur will look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Thanks and Regards

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My friends and I were treated like family! We also loved the family dog, Sulton!
Great food and service. Good open meeting places to enjoy with new friends.
Small tile pool to cool down in warm weather. There is a free book swap if you need another read!

Room Tip: Lots of stairs....not a problem. If you don't like stairs. Choose ground floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Suryapratap_292, Owner at Suryaa Villa, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

I was so pleased to read your feedback following your recent stay with us at Suryaa Villa, Jaipur. I was so glad to see that you were treated like family and enjoyed spending time with friends in our courtyard.
Please do come and see us again in the near future and I have passed on your kind words to my brilliant team.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Location of the Hotel is very good.All your major tourist spot are nearby within a range of 2km.
Hotel service and food quality is good.If you are looking for a budget hotel this could be one of your choice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your detailed feedback following your recent stay at Suryaa Villa, Jaipur. I am pleased to know that you found our location central within close proximity to all major attractions.

Please do come and see us again soon!!

Best Wishes,