“Somewhat convenient location”

Park Prime Hotel Jaipur
Ranked #122 of 393 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Booked through TA as the price was right and it got some decent reviews so I though what the heck. It was only a couple of days and I wouldn't spend tons of time in the room anyway.

Location-I think's it's centrally located but I didn't know Jaipur at all so I can't say for sure. Didn't seem to take too long to get to different sites around town so it wsa an OK location. There is a market on the side street next to the hotel but other than that there is not much else. No real stores just the food carts on wheels and the open air market type stall that sell everything. There was nothing for me to see/do around the hotel.

Rooms-Had a room with two single beds-odd. Washroom appeared clean as was the room. TV had enough channels to keep me occupied and of course it had IPL cricket every night. Bit of a view when I looked out the window but nothing special with all the older looking buildings you find all over India. For some reason I did not think the room door was as secure as it could have been-I forget why but remember thinking it wasn't the most secure room. Room was air conditioned and worked so well I actually turned it off a couple of times as it got quite cold. As is common in Indian hotels, the lobby was warm as was the washroom near the front desk. The elevator and the hallways did not appear to be air conditioned either and were quite warm/stale at times.

Services-Rooftop pool was nice although cold. Had a great panoramic view but again not much to see in the immediate area. Deck was kind of small wiht only a few deck chairs but since I was the only one up there it ws not an issue. Tons of pidgeons all around hte pool which made me think it wasn't very clean. They had what I could best describe as a ping pong net all around the pool but the pidgeons found a way around it to get their drink. Restaurant on the rooftop looked good in the pictures but I never went up there at night. Breakfast was included but service was questionable as was the food. In steam trays but food was cold. Lot's of Indian options as was to be expected but not much selection for us non Indian patrons. Lot's of staff but not the most attentive.
Internet was something like 249 rupees for and hour or 490 rupees for the day-outrageous as usual for an Indian property. I could see it not being included but that is more than the average daily pay many people get in India.

You need a driver as you will never find your way around most India cities. The Triangle from Delhi to Agra to Jaipur is a common route and everywhere I went it seemed my Delhi driver had some buddies to chat with as I walked around the sites.

Room Tip: I dunno if some rooms are better than others. It was average and I slept ok in room 412.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Robster071
MANVENDRATOMAR, General Manager at Park Prime Hotel Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Greetings from Hotel Park Prime,Jaipur!!

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much, It is my pleasure to read that you have overall enjoyed your stay. I have also shared your comments with my Management team.

Jaipur.India.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Jaipur as such is a beautiful city. And a great hotel can make the difference. Calm, clean, great service, great food. Great ambience.

Room Tip: Any corner room on higher floors is great choice. You will get a great view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Reddyrs

Jaipur.India.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

I landed up at the hotel at 8 am and was promptly told by the front desk that they dont have any reservation for me!!!! I asked for recheck and was told that recheck with not change the status!!!On showing them the confirmed copy front desk man casually told me that it was my fault as I should have shown them the confirmation copy and this would have saved their precious time!!!! The staff was stuipidly arrogant ( may be because it is a peak tourist season) and made me feel quite unwanted.
Rooms are OK with bare minimum toileteries.
The freakfast buffet is pathetic ( I wish i could get a better word)!. At 8.45 am, there was no "paranthas" left. After requesting for the same atleast 3/4 times, i was given stale heated pranthas!. Finally i had to settle for a safer option bread/omlette/tea.
Will surely prefer to avoid this place in future.
Not recommneded at all.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
MANVENDRATOMAR, General Manager at Park Prime Hotel Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much, It is my pleasure to read that you have overall enjoyed your stay. I have also shared your comments with my Managment team and also we will take care of the arrogant part of the staff.

Jaipur.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Hotel is real good;
Services nice;
Staff is slightly arrogant--- for very unknown reasons
Food is great;
Location:awesome;
Budget:on a higher side;

but considering the overalll package, it seems just right.

Recommendedfor: (priority order)- Family-->Business-->Friends--->Couples

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ManuTyagi

Jaipur.
India

Reviewed February 12, 2012

we stayed in park prime hoel for two days. it is a 3 star property with good ambience.the buffet breakfast was good. but the only major problem was the bathoom. the bathoom used to get pooling of water afer bath. it did not drain away and thus making it wet slippery for whole day. we had a decent experience of the hotel but the bathroom was bad.

Room Tip: just look for the bathroom
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank gorgeousdoc
MANVENDRATOMAR, General Manager at Park Prime Hotel Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much, It is my pleasure to read that you have overall enjoyed your stay. I have also shared your comments with my Executive House Keeper regarding Bathroom Was not cleaned and have Drainage problem and we will ensure you will have better experience in your next visit.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

We arrived all tired and were greeted by the impressive doorman and then ushered to the reception to be checked In on checking in I realized that the rooms were not spacious compared to the Jaycee in Agra the room came to an abrupt end n furniture needed repair, there was scaffolding around the hotel as it was being painted or renovated.makemytrip had comped us dinner due to an earlier shortcoming in Agra and we were delighted by the service. The rooms were clean and tidy though minimalistic but good value for money with affordable Internet. All in all a decent stay :) has a bar,restaurant,room service & wifi as well which is affordable

• Stayed: February 2012

Jaipur
India

Reviewed January 28, 2012

We usually stay at hotels affiliated with international hospitality chains or the leading Indian hotels. Our stay at Park Prime was thanks to a recommendation from a friend. My stay was with family and a friend from overseas.

Rooms were quite comfortable with clean bathrooms. Service across categories (reception, baggage desk and room service) was also very good. Food was also very good; there is a rooftop restaurant which is a must visit.

For the rates that we paid for our rooms, I'd stay this hotel (also given its great/ central location) is a STEAL at that price!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends