“A bargain”
Review of Krishna Palace

Krishna Palace
Ranked #79 of 393 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed March 28, 2010

With India hostels, you're never sure what you're gonna get, but this family-operated hostel was quite nice. The building itself is old, but charming. Our room was clean and comfortable, but some renovation is necessary. For example, there were some large water stains on the ceiling of our room. The owner seems to be working on this; when we were there, the halls were being painted. The food from the kitchen was not too great, but this was somewhat offset by being served in the patio garden or on the terrace.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 16, 2010

Good rooms, good service, rooftop terrasse and restaurant (hadn't a meal but a beer for 90 Rs), very friendly, Internet service with 2 comps and now also Wlan for 100 Rs/day, I just sit here and type with my mobile :-)

Reviewed March 8, 2010

I had booked to stay at Krishna Palace after reading lots of reviews and was expecting more than what we got if I'm totally honest. I've travelled in India before and usually trust trip advisor and their photographs before hotels own websites. We were a party of 4 adults and had booked and confirmed 3 rooms for our stay by email, we had telephoned on the day during our drive from Delhi to give our arrival time to the owner as we were asked to do, and despite this when we arrived 30 minutes later than we'd estimated, (and if you've travelled in India you know what traffic can be like) one of rooms had been given to someone else. On check-in the owner told us we didnt need to spend as long as we were planning to in Jaipur, which struck us as a bit strange and not very welcoming to his city! One of the rooms we were given for that 1st night was awful,the bathroom was small and grubby , the room was in dire need of a good clean and refurbishing and we upgraded the next morning and had our 3 rooms which were of a 'better' standard. The rooms were average really, I have stayed in nicer places in Jaipur for a few pounds more. Rooms that we had on the 1st floor were quite roomy and had a tv, the bathrooms were ok, hot water every day made it bearable. Unless you ask you dont get fresh towels or toilet paper and during our stay of 6 nights our rooms got cleaned once. There is a laundry service which we did use with no problems. You can use the internet for a minimal cost, which we did and that was fine. There is a roof top terrace and restaurant which we used every evening and it was a nice place to sit and meet other guests. The food was fine, Sunder who seems to run the kitchen was the best thing about the hotel, he kept us laughing. The owner just seemed to spend his time skulking around checking up on what we were doing.
I wouldnt return to Krishna Palace, sorry.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I came in on the typical 5am train, I called for pick up and he came within minutes. They put me right into a room so I could sleep off the trip. I then got up, showered and put my bags in the storage room. I toured all day and then had a great dinner on the rooftop. When it came to the room charge he said as you like. That was so comforting since I only had the room for 7 hours and my next train left the same evening. I recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2010

We stayed here two nights. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious and clean. We had a very comfortable stay.

They offer WiFi service, which is a great thing, but they shut it down after 11pm and turn it on at 8am. You pay 100 rupees per day for the services so it was disappointing to see them turn it off like that.

Unfortunately we never manage to take a hot shower there. Perhaps all the hot water was used up.

We paid 950 rupees per night. A great value!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We decided to stay at Krishna palace after reading the great views on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. Our room was large and nice and clean and the owners were very friendly and extremely helpful. We ended up having to stay an extra night at the last minute after we were waitlisted on a train to Jaisalmer and the owners did everything they could to help us out. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Jaipur and this was largely as a result of staying which such a lovely family and the fantastic food they served.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2010

A tranquil haven. What a find. Clean, comfortable and relaxing. Food good and the bed was soooo comfy.Everyone made me feel welcome. Came for 1 night stayed for 3.Wish I could have stayed longer.Definately worth it.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo