“A nighmarish experience!”

Hotel Raghuraj Palace
Ranked #199 of 383 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We had read good reviews about this hotel before we decided to chose it. We had planned a short dash on some personal work. I was with my wife and 4 month old daughter and we drove to the hotel from Delhi. I spoke to the owner before making a reservation and he offered my 30% discount due to off-season and also added complementary breakfast. It seemed a nice offer till the time we entered the room. We were offered R No.104 in the ground floor. To our utter disgust, the toilet seat was absent, flush was leaking and the pillow cover had remains of some vomiting. Bathroom floors became very slippery after a bit of water fell on it, here was no grip. The water jug the gave us was stinking and dirty, looked like they had not cleaned it for months. Toilets had no tag of "sanitized", no towels or hand soaps in the bathroom. Looked like they were truly having an "off-season". The waiters were all discourteous, when we complained to the staff, we got a look that said "not our problem". I called the owner, showed him everything and his look was similar through he offered us another room. This was a better room but bathroom did not have any lights! Toilet seat was damaged as well and the leak was very prominent. Anyway, my wife asked for a cup of tea and we were served tea in a dirty flask with filthy tea cup! When we reasoned it out with the waiter, he just shrugged and walked away. I took the cup to the owner, he scolded the staff but offered no apology, let alone an upgrade. no we were certain, we made an utterly distasteful choice. These guys did not have any respect for the customers and they had no right to be in hotel business. In the evening, the hotel wiring experienced some spark and its lights went off. Though they were able to temporarily rectify it for the night, we were sure we wanted out. Next morning we did not even have a glass of water there, got up and vacated to some other hotel. With my little child, who needed some bit of hygiene, I couldn't take any more risks. We had to get out of the disgust and filth. I recommend no one to go there ever, they are not worth even a free stay!

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel ever
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank rajrn_99
There are newer reviews for Hotel Raghuraj Palace

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I am the part of one of the reputed travel agency. Therfore have much knowledge about the technicalities of Hotels. I opted this hotel as was budgeted one and also the reviews were good. The hotel was courteous enough to call immediate after the confirmation of this booking as complimentary pick was the part of inclusion. The hotel rooms were as good as shown on website. The hotel owner was very friendly. Rooms were clean and bathroom with towels were properly maintained with the facility of operating geysers. The hotel decor was traditional and bful. Although the food was expensive.
Overall the best budgeted place for stay with family in jaipur.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank ParamveerChandigarh
Reviewed March 17, 2012

A peaceful and comfortable place where to stay with an attentive and welcoming staff. Rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable too. The hotel's owner is a very friendly and nice person who does care about people. The area is safe and very pleasant. There's also a restaurant in the Raghuraj Palace and food is nice too. Feel free to contact them and book a room ; this is such a nice second home! I am a French lady travelling by my own and everytime that I go to Jaipur this is the only place where I stay. I will never go to any other place since this one is just the right place....

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Meriem A
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Yesterday in midnight i needed a room in jaipur so i just checked the hotel on Makemytrip and fixed that hotel coz the pics of the room was very attractive and the hotel was in our budget.
we went to the hotel. the location is not that much good but it was ok.but the rooms were surprisingly awesome according to the budget.
Rooms were very clean and so washroom. i really liked the interior of the room. it was beautiful and clean. typical rajasthani paintings on walls and old fashioned wood furniture was looking so classy.
breakfast we ordered was not so good. excessive oil was in the breakfast.
Balcony was not properly covered with curtains and the balcony was shared with an another room too. so you should take care of this problem.
Free high speed wi-fi connection was provided.
Otherwise it was the best room what we could get in this budget range :)
i would strongly recommend it fr budget hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank akashvedi
Reviewed February 18, 2012

A very cosy and comforting budget hotel with good spacious rooms. It was a wonderful trip made even better because of the nice stay and the helpful staff.. The welcoming people and the traditional decor made the experience a "must go again".

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank guptaroli
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Went with my family, excellent rooms with lots of space. Loved the way they've done up their interiors in typical Rajasthani wall painting style. The staff was quite helpful specially the owner. We were surprised to get good deal and affordable excellent rooms and services.
They have made us a client for all our trips to Jaipur, be it any time of the year. I strongly recommend this property

Room Tip: if you need quite rooms then ask for rooms in the new block
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank saurabhk28
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My experience is very bad about this hotel. I can't comment about the rooms and environment over here. Lucky that did not got a chance to stay over here. But the initial experince is so horrible, that we can judge the overall service.
I booked the room for two days and paid some advance. But even after giving intimation in time, they did not reversed the deposit amount.

Humble suggestion would be not to book a room in this hotel

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family