“Authentic Rajasthani cuisine”

Cuisines: Chinese, Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I have been now going to spice court for more than 7 years and If you are looking for authentic, tasty, affordable- Rajasthani food- your search stops here.

They have a open air dining as well as a closed restaurant. I personally like the sit -out option more than the closed restaurant. They have puppet shows, bangle and knick-knack sellers and folk performers from time to time which is really enjoyable if you are a tourist as it just adds to a cultural experience.

Must try dishes: Non Veg: Keema baati. Laal Maas, Sula, Junglee maas
Veg: Kair Saangri, gatta curry

I have taken a lot of friends from outside rajasthan for rajasthani food and every one of the person i have taken has loved it!

Reviewed June 1, 2011

I went to this restaurant with my mother for lunch. I am a foody and I judge a restaurant with its food, ambiance and service.

Food: Food was very average and didn't taste very good.

Ambiance: Very bad quality of furniture, even the ACs does not work (looks like they were not ON) and restaurant people use Ceiling Fans. Also, the ACs plastic has changed into pale yellow because those were too old. Even, the utensils used were not clean.

Service: When you will go you may have to wait for someone to take your order unless you are in a tourist group that has a tie-up with them. Mostly foreigners come here and have to eat the food which Indians might consider a food with a bad taste.

I made a mistake to go there after reading a review from other website. I hope they will improve the restaurant and its service one day.

Thanks,

4  Thank geek04
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I happen to be to this restaurant as I had heard a lot about this place. The moment I entered there was a big group which was dining.
We waited for a long time to get our table and none of them bother to even acknowledge us.
When we ordered food, and we ordered Indian food as that is what this place is known for. The food had a lot of salt, very very salty.
If this was not enough, when we ordered for cold soft beverage they said they donot have chilled as all is over, so we asked for ice but that also they did not have as they ran out of it.
I would never go to this place ever again and would never recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank addonads
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I was travelling around nothern india with two friends for three weeks, both of whom are Indian by heritage and we ate in many wonderful places. Unfotunately, despite being recommended by a guidebook, this place was a let down.
The decor was a bit tacky, with lots of neon tubes. Also the cliental was virtually all westerners, which is a good indication that the food is far from authentic.
It was a bit like having a curry back home, which is exactly what we were NOT looking for!
We ate wonderful home cooked meals in the Kothi's we stayed at and had lots of wonderful dishes in the majority of restaurants we visited. So it is a mystery why the Spice Court served up such unauthentic food in such poor surroundings. Maybe they just had an off day? I would not recommend eating here.

Reviewed September 4, 2010

I happened to visit this restaurant as my friends insisted on dining out for a day during my stay in jaipur. I found the ambience of this restaurant very pleasig and calm, The best was the folk dance which was organised for a group of foreigners.. I enjoyed it a lot. Was goood food and beverage altogether. The waiters were courtious.

Thanks guys!