Sugan Niwas Palace
$12
$80
$32
Agoda.com
All reviewsmr vijaymaharaja suitegarden suitelovely heritagelocal sightseeingheritage hotelupgraded to a suitebig bedheritage homeamazing hospitalitythe room was nicechoose this hotelvisit jaipurswimming poolprompt servicesmall hotelthe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed here for two nights as part of a two-week tour of northern india, and it was by far the nicest place we stayed (and not the most expensive, either). The staff of this family-run heritage hotel really made us feel like, well, family. They helped us get a great deal on a driver for a day, which was such a relief from the stress of constantly bargaining, and one evening we flew kites from the roof of the hotel at sunset, which was just a beautiful experience. We will always fondly remember the friends we met here at Sugan Niwas Palace.

Attractions close by: it's just a short ride to the old city, and a little further but very worth it to go to the monkey temple. Buy lots of peanuts and be sure to get one of the young men to guide you. Amber Fort was also just amazing (though I'd skip the elephant ride up if I had to do it again. not super comfortable). You can do this all in one day. If you think you might use a tuk tuk that didn't originally pick you up from the hotel, just make sure you have a card from the hotel desk with the address on it. Apparently a western accent can't properly say 'Sugan Niwas'. Well, at least I couldn't. =]

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We were looking for a cosy hotel in the heart of the jaipur city & after checking almost 100 of hotels..zeroed down on this little gem... Sugan Niwas Palace @ Bani Park. We stayed here during the new year weekend from 28th Dec 2013 to 2nd Jan 2014. It is a family owned hotel wherein the owner Vijay Aditya Singh & his humble staff take great efforts to provide you a smooth stay. The rooms were spacious & pretty.. It is flocked by peacocks & peahens in the morning/evening. We were lucky to catch a sight during one of our stay days. It is centrally located...almost everything is within 30 mins distance except for a couple of forts. The food served at their restaurants is very homely. Would recommend this place to families, couples.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I, my husband and a friend we stayed in Sugan Niwas Palace for 3 nights starting from 18 Jan 2013. This family owned hotel is an old rajputa haweli converted in to hotel. The place highlights the grandeur of Rajput while giving a very warm and cozy feeling. The moment you step into hotel the feel is like I am home.
The staff and especially the owner Mr Vijay Aditya Singh treats all the customers with utmost respect and help them with every possible query. Having stayed and travelled widely, I have never received the hospitality that this hotel offered.
The property is very well maintained with beautiful garden and a clean swimming pool. Being a heritage hotel the rooms are full of character. They are huge with spacious bathrooms and a dressing room.
All major locations are 10-15 mins drive from hotel. The rickshaw drivers at times cannot find the place, but has many landmarks around. Make sure you get a good description/map upon arrival that you can show people.
If you want to experience Jaipur authentic style I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 302 is amazing. The balcony provides the view of fort. The room has a very unique character.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I found this little family owned hotel on Tripadvisor and we loved our stay here. The hotel itself was very nice, charming, quiet, and the grounds were beautiful. The rooms were full of character and original decor. The location was not ideal, but it was a short tuk tuk ride anywhere we really wanted to go. I would highly recommend this place stay in Jaipur.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kristin h
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This hotel is simply amazing.I was first surprised when Mr.Vijay Aditya Singhji the owner of the hotel called me for the confirmation of the hotel. He helped us with the directions to the hotel.I was in for a surprise once i landed there. Mr. Vijay personally welcomed us. He took hafl and hour of time to explain us what to see in jaipur , where to eat and where to shop. the service was excellent and the rooms were heritage. As the otel claims it is actually a Heritage hotel.the rooms are huge the bathrooms big and spacious and there is a nice powder room to. the staff is excellent. I have traveled far and wide but never be given the hospitality that was offered by this hotel.It was like staying at home.i had a child who was 6 years old. he was very well taken care of by the hotel staff. the peacocks in the morning around the hotel made you feel that u were living in a palace. I do want to thank Mr. Vijay Aditya Singhji and his wonderfull Staff for making my trip comfortable and memorable. If I ever visit Jaipur again there would be no second choice but to Stay in this Hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family