“A Friendly Villa indeed”

Jaipur Friendly Villa
Ranked #4 of 528 Jaipur B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 15, 2011

It surprised me to see how nice the people were in this place. They helped us with our luggage, our long (and often tedious) questions, our travel plans, our flight ticket mess-up. etc etc. This is impressive stuff considering the price. The rooms are minimalistic but comfortable, though they have everything you thought you'd need. The food = nine on 10. The location was a little difficult to find, but it wasn't a problem once we found our way around.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

After many emails with Shveta & Kul & there endless stream of help before I even arrived, I knew I was arriving into what would be a wonderful experience. There is no limit to how much this family will help & look after you to ensure you have the best possible stay and there generosity & warmth honestly touched my heart. Their home is quite stunning & close enough to the city but far enough away from the noise so you wake to the sound of birds in the trees not the incessant honking horns of India!
Food was probably the best I had in India with Shvetas cooking classes being a definite recommendation on the to do list there! Rooms were wonderful, exceptionally clean with beautiful amenities & I cannot speak highly enough of the nearly 2 weeks we spent there.
This family welcomes you from the heart & you become not just a treasured guest but a member of their family. I cannot wait to come visit again (Kul & Shveta you cant keep me away!) and to sample the delicious food (especially the paneer dishes asap!!!)
The best homestay experience I have had for sure.

Room Tip: Do not miss out on the cooking classes!
2  Thank EvieSingapore
Reviewed November 13, 2011

If it had not been for Kul and Shveta, our small vacation would have been a complete disaster.
Once we reached JaipurFriendlyVilla, we felt so relieved to be finally in a place where we could trust others.Kul and Shveta are the nicest hosts you can ever hope for. They are warm and friendly and most importantly, soooooooo (x1000000) very helpful.

We had taken the services of a supposedly reputed taxi-driver who left us mid-way through the trip because we were not agreeable to eating, shopping at places where he would get commissions. Shveta and Kul helped us replan the rest of our trip: Found a great driver for us, lent us their own car, booked our train tickets, gave us tips on places to visit, where to shop. It was more than we could ever hope for. If you need a car in Jaipur, ask for Joginder - he was a very charming driver, contrary to the crook we had come across from Delhi.

They have a very beautiful house, and a lovely garden (like the other reviews say), our room was very large, comfortable bed, and very clean bathroom. Our room was cleaned everyday.Shveta is a wonderful cook and for the while that we stayed there, we were spoilt with yummy breakfasts.
It's the first time i opted for B&B stay and i definitely recommend JFV.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2011

My girlfriend and I arrived from hectic Agra where we were quite disappointed with the accommodation. So we were anxious to see what awaits us in Jaipur. We were very happy to find a beautiful house with a well-kept garden in a quiet neighbourhood.

Our room was spacious, beautifully decorated and very well equipped, with a nice bed, A/C, a TV set and even a small kitchenette. Even better was the bathroom with a huge shower. In the morning we could watch the life go by on the balcony overlooking a public park.

But what makes the JFV really special in our eyes is not the house or the room (albeit great) but the hosts, Mrs. and Mr. Mehra or Shveta and Kul as they modestly introduced themselves. They really put the HOME in homestay. Easily the most friendly people we have met in India! They went to great lengths to make our stay as pleasant as possible.

They arranged a very good driver for our Jaipur sightseeing, helped us with bus tickets for our onward trip to Delhi, recommended sights and restaurants. When my girlfriend became ill, they allowed us to extend the stay for another day and arranged the visit to the doctor and the pharmacy - their very friendly son took us there himself, with the family car! We are still thankful for that extra day in JFV and for the Mehras' hospitality. My girlfriend got well soon and we were able to continue our trip unhindered. So if/when you get sick in India, this is probably the best place for it to happen :)

Oh, and if you ever have the pleasure to stay in JFV, do try Shveta's dinner at least once - we loved it, much better than restaurant food. Breakfasts were excellent as well, especially the home made guava jam.

In the end, we were grateful and honoured to be the guests in the home of Mr. Kul and Mrs. Shveta. If we ever come back to Jaipur again it would be mostly because of the friendly Mehras and we will make sure to book our stay in JFV well in advance :)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter G
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Arriving at the home of Mrs Shveta and Mr Kul (yes, literally their home), I was not sure what to expect. But within minutes, I had no doubt this would be one of the best overnight experience we'll have around India.

Their home is beautiful - much like a big bungalow - and a lot of care and effort has been put into the homely, cozy decor, putting us immediately at ease. The rooms are huge, with very nice bathrooms, both spotless and lacking no comfort.

Although we arrived close to 8pm and hadn't confirmed dinner with Mrs Shveta, she very kindly churned up a nice meal for us - vegetarian and less oily as we requested. Perhaps also one of the best meals we had all of this trip!

One of my regrets is to be able to stay only one night. Next time I'm in Jaipur, definitely staying there again!

Reviewed November 6, 2011

My extended family had two rooms here with Shveta and Kul and they were great hosts, very accommodating and helpful with plenty of good tips. Chokhi Dhani was a great outdoors evening out. Room - upstairs corner - was big enough for an extra bed for our sons. It's a little way out of the centre of Jaipur but this mattered little for us. We even enjoyed a great nightcap with Kul one evening. And of course we enjoyed the homemade guava jam! Recommended without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Hi Mrs, Shveta,

Sorry for my delay reply and review. I had thought my friend Pearl will deposit the review because I have been busy since back.

Just now, I saw the funny review downstairs which looks so unfair . I still remember I was sitting in the front of your computure desk that afternoon to going to write review because I could not help myself to calm down exciting by accepting your kind, nice and hospitality. Luckily I did not do this as they told me that the website will check the IP adress for all review. Anyway, your suggestion and advice is so offical and economic in showing the pink city, including CHOWKI DOWNI ( maybe wrong spelling ). And the driver Mr.Goke, u introduced is pretty *-*. We are friend now in facebook....

I will remember the cleaning room , new decoration, classic taste of furnishing, the balcony , the green garden.... I miss all of these. One thing is confirmed that I will be back if I spend H.M. in India. Hope so....
nice weekend,