We planned a surprise birthday party at the Goa Portuguesa Thane branch for 18 guests. We are hard core fish eaters. Hence the first option was indeed a coastal cuisine and when its seafood nothing better than Goan!! And when Goan in Mumbai, nothing can beat the authentic Goan taste of Goa Portuguesa. We wanted to shortlist Thane due to guest preference and were surfing for a seafood joint at Thane when we came across this branch on Zomato and were really happy to check the Thane branch. With no second thoughts we simply proceeded with the booking. And Bingo !! We were absolutely right in our choice for the short and sweet get-together on 2nd Aug 2013. Below are the strong observation which not only induces me to write a review just next day about this splendid place but also grabs attention of every proud Maharashtrian for Dr. Awchat’s success and his staff –
1. Food – Authentic and of Superior Quality. Fish curries, Fish fingers, Veg Kaju Roll, Xacutti, Chicken Cafreal, were all simply perfectly cooked, marinated with the Goan taste and very very close to the Goan joints at Panjim / South Goa.
2. Staff – Amicable and Hospitable. All of them were so highly courteous that I was zapped to receive this comfort at an Indian restaurant especially Maharashtrian. To be very frank, I have often seen Shettys, Parsis or Punjabis doing very good in Hotel industry compared to Maharashtrians and often wondered that we probably lack the knack of hospitality or customer relations which other communities build an edge on. However, post my experience and interactions with the staff here I can now proudly say that the COO of Thane branch Prathamesh just proved me wrong. He is an absolute example of Dr. Awchat’s staff who can give a tough competition to all of these communities. Keep it up!! Of course I would not miss a single opportunity to praise and thank the staff that was at the fore front to help us serve better – Vikas, Bishwas, Pravin special thanks to you all for making this event a grand success.
3. Value for Money - Justice to your pockets. It definitely ensures that even the buffet spread make it difficult for you to believe that the fish or veg food served with the frequency and variety is far better and elbows its way out to number one position than any other general seafood restaurants or even five star properties.
4. Ambiance - Immaculate. The private area especially reserved for small groups (16-18) or a special event is simply the best.
5. Parking – Spacious. You don’t have to get into street fights or be worried about your car once you check in
6. Clean Wash Rooms – Highly Hygienic. Guests will bless you for this.
7. Live Music – Enlightening. The guitarist ensures to provide a special attention to your group / guests and sing event related songs (birthday, engagement, authentic goan songs, etc.) for you which will definitely lift your spirits high.
Once again would like take an opportunity to thank Dr. Awchat and his magnificent team for such a superb creation in Maharashtra. We are proud of you. And advice to readers to definitely try this place for special occasions esp if the guests are seafood lovers.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.