“Miss Guidenese by reception man.”
Review of Hotel City Palace

Hotel City Palace
Ranked #236 of 448 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Gurgaon, India
“Miss Guidenese by reception man.”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

hotel is good, but reception man miss guide us. we were book mumbai darahan ticket by red bus service line, but he miss guide us that he will provide better & cheapest serviceus & force us to cancle our red bus ticket with tell us that this is fraud. than we cancle our ticket & we get a loss of Rs 1200. then he provide a local travels ticket, it's service was very poor & costly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Calangute, India
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

This was the second time I stayed just for a day as I had some work. I came with my five year old daughter. The rooms are small but clean and everything was working perfect. Like air-conditioning, TV, hot water. The staff is very friendly, the desk staff as well. I surely recommended for short stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Srinagar, India
Reviewed March 7, 2014

You get great value for your money. Location is fantastic, rooms are good & clean with all facilities (AC / Fridge / LCD etc), would definitely recommend the property to our clients visiting Mumbai (KashmirTravels.in)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

The only way to the hotel bedrooms is the lift. Not a great lover of lifts I asked to use the fire escape stairs, reluctantly this was permitted however to my surprise the fire escape was blocked by locked gates which had to be unlocked especially for me. In the morning, as I left by the fire escape stairs, it was once again blocked by locked gates. Heaven knows what would happen if there was a fire!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were people who went to Mumbai for a trade show at world trade Mumbai, we booked 2 rooms for 6 people in this hotel it was really good experience the staff were good with good ambiance at a good rate, we also had complimentary breakfast with tea/coffee, this hotel is opposite Mumbai CSTM Terminals as is centally located for our purpose, as we had to visit cuffe parade in coloba and then for shopping at Crawford market, Manish Market and fashion street and then for some sight seeing at gateway of India and marine drive. this summarizes our trip and the location we took for lodging and of-course the Mumbaikars whom I always feel so good and friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bowral, Australia
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had a generally positive stay at Hotel City Palace in January. I stayed on two occasions about a week apart and both experiences were good. I mainly chose Hotel City Palace because of proximity to the CST railway station. Hotel City Palace is probably the closest hotel to the main entrance of the CST station. It is opposite the main entrance to the station and you only have to cross the road to get there in less than a minute. It is also close to several street markets. The room that I chose (Super Deluxe AC) had a balcony with an excellent view of the side of the CST and GPO buildings and the busy streets below. The room was also very clean and the room service meal was average but safe to eat. The downside of this room was that it was very small and cramped (especially given the price), however the website photos are honest in showing the size of the room. The staff at times were also a little pesky at times. For example, after checking in I just wanted to sleep. I left a good tip but the porter still wanted to hang around and ask if I wanted everything on the menu. He also came back twice to ask if I wanted help with the TV, aircon, etc expecting tips when I knew how to operate them and just wanted to rest anyway. He was friendly enough and this only lasted a few minutes and didn't happen again until the next time I checked in. Considering the size of the room I believe it is overpriced but you are really paying for the convenient location. After saying that, I had a pleasant stay at Hotel City Palace and would strongly recommend it for anyone who is catching a train early in the day and doesn't want to travel far between hotel and station.

Room Tip: If you want a good view of the busy streets and markets below, choose the Super Deluxe AC room with...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed September 19, 2012

It cant be called hotel, first of all to reach to the room you have to go for small hall with very low ceiling,in the hall there are the common toilets, small and dirty with intense smell pee, the room is storage room with two very small bed, walls full of dams and insects, everything dirty. You cant reduce the ac and its very cold but if you unplug it is worst because you can feel the pee smell. The service horrible too,the staff were very rude. I booked it because we had to wait for the train for some hours but in the end we left the room and we had to wait in the rail station.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family