“Tempted to end it all after a night here”
Review of Hotel Oasis

and 1 more site!
Hotel Oasis
Ranked #318 of 452 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed June 17, 2011

There's few places that make me feel suicidal (can't think of any others actually), but this one did it. A combo of very damp room, blacked out and barred windows, a lingering wet smoke smell, and general euurrrghhh... I woke up short of breath and sweating hard out. The lift is the only way down in a fire : windows are barred and stairs are locked. Staff are friendly enough though, trying to make the best out of a bad situation. Do yourself a favor, go out the door, angle left, and head for the welcome hotel (cream building). Not very much more, and a happy place.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank splitlife
There are newer reviews for Hotel Oasis

Reviewed June 5, 2011

We stayed at Oasis one night as we had an early morning train from CST. An easy couple of munite walk from the station, even with backpacks.

The guy at reception was a bit grumpy, but the lift guy and other staff were all lovely. We paid a little extra for a room with a double bed and AC (not so impressed with the first room we saw, but it was ok) - about 1,800 rupees I think. The room had a bit of a damp smell, and there was a (thankfully dead) cockroach on the floor. There was a bit of road traffic noise during the night.

By Mumbai standards for this price range it was fine, clean, and comfortable. Would stay again for a night or two if passing through.

Room Tip: Look at a couple.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MCW_82
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Please avoid this hotel at all cost. The staff were the rudest I have ever encountered. I had emailed them a few times regarding a room reservation. They confirmed, by email, twice that I had a room reserved (for a high price too!) so you can imagine my shock when I arrived and they told me that I didn't have a room. When I told them my name they didn't even look at their list, they instead, very rudely, told me I had no room. I explained that I had been emailing them back and forth, and had just emailed them the previous night and had a reply, about my room reservation. They demanded that I show them proof of this email. When I asked how could I do that without a print out and could they not just check their email inbox, they told me I should go and find an internet cafe and print it out (I'd just come off an 18 hour train journey at this point!). So instead I went to the City Palace Hotel around the corner where I got a much friendlier welcome, and it was cheaper and a little brighter. The Hotel Oasis looked dungeon like and I was actually glad I wasn't staying there.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Hotel Oasis did not make us feel welcome. The reception staff were unfriendly and unhelpful. The room was dirty: stained linen, moldy wet-room, dusty furniture and marked floor. Plus bedticks! It was a very disappointing start to our holiday!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Too expensive(1700 Rupees p.n)staff were miserable, mould on the walls, cobwebs in all cupboards, bitten by bed bugs, have to ask to get the room/sheets/towels cleaned, no hot water and after asking it was never fixed. In summary, look elsewhere. The 'Travellers Inn' is across the road behind Cafe Universal and is half the price and like a palace compared to what we left.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kmidworldtrip
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Our Oasis experience was pretty average. It is a moderate hotel with very clumsy rooms. Even the bathrooms are very small. The cigarette smell coming out of the rooms caused us immediate discomfort.
Service is the only saving grace of the hotel, the staff are friendly and attend to your requests gracefully.
We didnt spend too much time in the hotel and thank God for that.
I will just rate it 2/5.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2010

On Day 5 of our trip to Mumbai, there were no rooms left in travellers inn... bad luck for us! Our next option based on reviews was Hotel Oasis! Economical yes! Friendly NO! As soon as we entered, we were greeted by gloomy and grumy hotel receptionist (probably the owner). Didn't get a smile even though we said we come from the same place as him! The first thing, we were suspiciously looked up and down and our Driving licenses taken away. We were each made to sign the register. The only thing missing was frisking! We were given 2 Non AC rooms. The lift was very small, so had to go seperately up. Rooms were clean but had a sad musty smell. They should provide Oxygen masks next time!The view from the windows was superb... straight into the KITCHEN of AN APARTMENT next to us! Could not open windows for fear of mosquitoes and also thanks to the people in the apartment staring at us! The bathroom reminded me of the small restrooms u have in a flight or a train... In the hall security cams follow you everywhere, with a receptionist downstairs having a good view. receptionist was not at all helpful regarding sight seeing! Luckily our flight was at 4am the next day so checked out at 2 am! All in all if you are PARANOID about security or want to feel like how a jailbird feels... make sure you visit this hotel. A BIG NO from me!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends