“Expensive .. but worth it”
Review of Masala Bay

Masala Bay
Ranked #110 of 14,536 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Savour the new wave of contemporary Indian cuisine over a glass of wine. Blending aromatic Indian spices with modern cooking techniques, Masala Bay produces flavours that add a new dimension to the experience of dining. With a selection of traditional Indian favourites cooked in minimal oil and with just the right blend of spices, the restaurant shows that light and flavourful are not culinary opposites. The extensive cuisine spread features traditional Indian food with an accent on seafood from coastal regions of India.Masala Bay features an interactive theatre kitchen, a separate bar area and three private dining rooms. A harmonious composition of forms varying in texture, material and colour, the interiors of the restaurant are enhanced by the pleasing use of light and contrast that creates a sense of intimacy in the open, large space. Warm silver tones and occasional flashes of colour along with polished granite floors, lend a clean and contemporary look. The dramatic decor is the perfect setting for the progressive cuisine. Complement your meal with a selection from the The Lounge Bar. You can choose from spirits from around the world including a variety of over 500 different wines, ranging from New World vintages to all time favourite like French Bordeaux.Cuisine: Indian Location: Lobby Level 1 Hours: Lunch from 12:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m., Dinner from 7:30 p.m. to 11:45 p.m. Reservations: Recommended Attire: Smart Casual
Singapore
“Expensive .. but worth it”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Took friends to this restaurant because of reviews on trip advisor ..Thanks guys I was not disappointed
Service is discreet but attentive and efficient and always pleasant
The food is sublime .. tender juicy spicy and perfectly prepared
If you don't mind the $$$ it's a great food experience
We were invited into the kitchen to meet and tall with the chefs seen behind the glass walled open kitchen at the end of dinner.
I will be back ... just let me fill my piggy bank again

Birgit Z, General Manager at Masala Bay, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear vacationerfmsing,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for your detailed and appreciative feedback and are glad that you had a pleasurable dining experience with us at Masala Bay.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed not just the food but also the service at the restaurant. Our associates are our biggest assets and we are glad that they could meet your desired expectations by way of their warm, hospitable and amicable behaviour. They are empowered to provide intuitive and personalized services to our patrons and we are happy to learn that they could take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

Taj Lands End, Mumbai offers a total of Six food and beverage venues, each offering a unique dining experience. As you rightly said, whatever cuisine may interest you we at Taj Lands End have something to offer. Our popular dining venues include Maritime By San Lorenzo, our Italian restaurant, Masala Bay, our Indian cuisine dining venue and Vista, our multi-cuisine restaurant. Apart from the regular spread at the dining venues, we regularly host food & beverage festivals for our guests, offering them the authentic flavors of the world.

If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Staying here at the Taj and dining at Masala Bay was good.As the food Seafood shorbha and the Aam ka Meetha here is just mouthwatering and the service is good.Also the ambience is great.

Birgit Z, General Manager at Masala Bay, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Cheddha,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities at the hotel as well as your dining experience at Masala Bay. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Mouth watering food,good for real foodies”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Had lunch and dinner at Masala bay for more than 10 times, enjoy every meal at fullest. Service by the staff, warmness of attitude & food attract me to go there again & again

• Visited April 2014
Birgit Z, General Manager at Masala Bay, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Mehulsheth2014,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you have always enjoyed the service and meal experience at Masala Bay. We thank you so very much for your kind words of appreciation and continued patronage. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best Biryani Ever”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Our Valentines Weekend was made more special @Taj Lands End with what is most certainly the BEST biryani we have ever had, i guess its true if you want great tasting Indian food you have to go to India!

Masala Bay is Great, friendly staff with great menu knowledge and recommendations.

See you soon!

• Visited February 2014
Birgit Z, General Manager at Masala Bay, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Derek M,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for your detailed and appreciative feedback and are glad that you had a pleasurable stay with us as well as a fabulous dining experience at Masala Bay.

We are delighted to learn that you were impressed with our products, property, service areas as well as the overall ambience of the hotel. Our associates are our biggest assets and we are glad that they could meet your desired expectations by way of their warm, hospitable and amicable behaviour. They are empowered to provide intuitive and personalized services to our patrons and we are happy to learn that they could take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

Taj Lands End, Mumbai offers a total of Six food and beverage venues, each offering a unique dining experience. Whatever cuisine may interest you we at Taj Lands End have something to offer. Our popular dining venues include Maritime By San Lorenzo, our Italian restaurant, Masala Bay, our Indian cuisine dining venue and Vista, our multi-cuisine restaurant. Apart from the regular spread at the dining venues, we regularly host food & beverage festivals for our guests, offering them the authentic flavors of the world.

London, United Kingdom
“Delightfully tasty”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stuck alone for my dinner option on my first night, I went here. I found a delightful Yalumba Shiraz which worked out at £27 on the menu (but I forget to consider the £5 luxury tax). The waiter offered to select options for me and I choice smaller portions of his two suggestions. It was divine! The desert was wonderful. What suggests that it was good, is that I made no hesitation to go back the following night to leave it to the waiter again. Each time it came in at the equivalent of about £60 including a bottle of wine. Give it a try if you're in Mumbai.

Visited February 2014
Birgit Z, General Manager at Masala Bay, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear gtisi68,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience about the hotel and our Indian Specialty Restaurant - Masala Bay. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the dining experience and services at the restaurant.