“Superior fine dining. Superlative Thai royal cuisine”
Review of Thai Pavilion

Thai Pavilion
Ranked #61 of 14,683 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Everything from the appetiser to the soup and main course was outstanding . The crisp white wine was just right. Lastly do try the waterchestnut in coconut milk served in a coconut. The Thai cuisine was of the Thai Royal genre. So it is different. Must visit.

There are newer reviews for Thai Pavilion

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Really number 1 restaurant in this country serving taste Thai foods

Make it first priority when u visit Mumbai , you will never. Dumped

Reviewed August 9, 2013

After dining here, it's easy to see why this place is known as the best Thai restaurant in Mumbai. It has an electric atmosphere and of course, fantastic food. As we were guests in the hotel we were given complimentary drinks and desserts which was a nice touch but, you can see why so many non-hotel guests come to eat here. The open kitchen lets you see the fresh food being cooked up for you. Definitely make sure you get a reservation- particularly on a weekend!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was invited by a friend for dinner at the Thai Pavilion and was told that it was difficult to get a reservation. Later during the day our booking for dinner was confirmed and after eating at the restaurant I soon realized why the restaurant is so popular. The food is perhaps the best I have had in Mumbai, in particular the fish dish. The ambiance was also great and the service second to none. I recommend this restaurant very highly and would say no visit to Mumbai is complete without a visit to the Thai Pavilion.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Thai Pavilion is my favourite restaurant and I reserve some of my most special occasions of the year to celebrate here. Last night, I went there with my mom after a gap of two years. The ambiance is great, place is almost always full. I have never known any other restaurant of this caliber that is always full on any given day, despite its high price. But it's value for money, given that good Thai food is a rare commodity in Mumbai and therefore it is very specialised. The restaurant never disappoints.

We started off with Sula Red Wines (Rs.550 per glass) with Satay Kai (my usual; Rs.650).The main course followed; Gk Wn Koons (Sea bass fish with black sauce; Rs.675) and Green Thai Prawn Curry rice (Rs.775). The green curry is supposed to be their spiciest but we requested to be made moderately spicy.They obliged and we loved it. We rounded up our meal with Chocolate souffle, a warm chocolate pie and served with vanilla ice-cream if you want. Bottled water (Himalaya water) is on the house. Though Himalaya water is a Tata company and so is Thai Pavilion being part of the Tata Group's Taj Hotels, I thought giving a complementary bottled water was classy. The wine list is very impressive, so do take a look at it. I usually don't drink outside at such restaurants as the bill can kill, but make an exception at Thai Pavilion.

Service is reasonably quick, i had to wait, though, for a little longer than usual for someone to give us the menus when we first took our places. But after that, service was quick. Attendants are very nice and hardworking, always running around and eager to serve.

Interiors are chic and very upmarket, yet makes you feel very comfortable. Trust me; if you are looking for a good dining experience in Mumbai, and if you relish Thai food, this is a place to be. I also love Koh By Kittichai restaurant at The Intercontinental, Marine Drive, for their Thai food; the only other serious competition to Thai Pavilion.

But coming back, do visit Thai Pavilion, one of India's best restaurants.

1  Thank Kayezad A