“Good food!”

Ranked #5,788 of 14,981 Restaurants in Mumbai
Neighborhood: Andheri West/Versova
Neighborhood: Andheri West/Versova
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This is a place for the rolls and tikkas. This is an old place where people come to et just rolls and tikkas. Best for the Non vegetarion people. But veg and paneer rolls are also available. It is opened till late. You should visit post 11 pm as the traffic is much less

Reviewed December 21, 2010

We had heard a lot about Kareem's but when we finally got a chance to visit this restaurant, we were truly disappointed! The service couldn't have been worse. To start with, when we ordered for Kebab's for which it is supposedly famous, we were told that it will take time and hence it is better if we change our order. And this happened on a weekend afternoon, when we were having lunch at a very decent lunch time. We had to change our order and to our surprise the main course was laid on our tables as soon as soup and starters were laid! Continuing with the saga, dishes were laid on our table, but there was no trace of cutlery. We had to explicitly remind the waiters to provide us with cutlery. Nobody was there to ask for water. All in all a poor experience.

As far as food quality is concerned, it is ok. Somethings are a little more oily, but the quantity which they serve is good.

Reviewed August 6, 2010

Taken from my blog at www.crm-strategy.blogspot.com:
Kareem’s is a renowned chain of restaurants in Mumbai. I knew little about them before I went there on a Saturday a few weeks back. I love a well cooked meal and do not go to the restaurants to evaluate their service management, but this particular experience stood out so clearly that I had to take notice. It’s raining in Mumbai these days, and when we reached Kareem’s for lunch, it was raining very hard, so it was a relief when their attendant noticed that there were 4 of us and came down to the car with two huge umbrellas.
During rainy season, Mumbai is full of houseflies, but their company is least expected on tables of restaurants that charges more than Rs 200 for an average dish. The waiter mentioned that the kitchen was closing and we needed to order immediately. Over time, I have realized that if I do not know much about the restaurant, it’s better to ask about the item that will be available instantly. Normally, items that move off the shelf quickly would be recommended. For me this guarantees that other customers like the item and that the food is not stale. This has worked for me very well in the past and I followed my well rehearsed approach here. One issue with the approach is that one has to rely on the waiter’s recommendation for quantity and I went with his recommendation. When the food arrived, we requested to be served. Not only was the quality of food bad and felt like leftovers, our waiter had forgotten to order one of the dishes, and now could not take orders because the kitchen was closed. The quantity was not sufficient, but then that’s the risk I took. I would have hoped that this was all, but it was not to be. When we tried to pay via credit card, we were told that credit cards were not accepted. So we paid by cash and waited for the change. On asking for change our waiter mentioned that they were out of change.
Let’s analyze what went wrong in the whole ordeal…
Kareem’s started on a strong point with their attendant at the gate setting the standards and the expectation. The subsequent experiences went from bad to worse. The unpleasant experiences kept coming one after the other, a classic fault. If they could pack all bad experiences together and take them out initially, maybe lowering the expectations, it could have helped them, but they segmented the bad experiences making them seem longer. Even though I gave them the opportunity of ordering their best dishes for me, they took away my choice not only by mentioning that the kitchen is going to close, but by not ordering for an item that I had requested. Paying by my card is kind of a ritual for me, I take out my card after enjoying a meal, but I was forced to pay by cash, for which I had to forage from everyone. By the end, the experience had left a bad taste in my mouth.
I thought later that the reason behind such service may have been that we had arrived for lunch really late, but does that justify the service. Absolutely Not!! At the least, Kareem’s lost business from me and possibly from a few people I know probably for a lifetime.
Visit my blog at www.crm-strategy.blogspot.com

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 1, 2008

Good food, but need to improve their attitude & service as well as home delivery.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 1, 2008

ohk but not so gud like delhi kareems

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook