“Not Recommended”

Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed September 16, 2013

After hearing a lot about Pangat (Borivali East) & seeing customers waiting outside for their turn ,I decided to check it out once. My experience was not good at all. They are specialised in Malwani/ Konkani sea food. Ambiance is average. It’s not spacious as they have tried to accommodate maximum seating in the available area. Food is reasonably priced , however below average in taste. Everything that I ate was excessively oily & spicy. Tanduri Pomfret was nothing but a burnt fish, I could see only fish bones left in it to eat. Chicken was full of garam masala & more than chicken I could taste only garam masala. Those who eat/cook sea food at home frequently will never eat fish here. Customers waiting outside pangat ,always make me wonder why would anyone wait for long to eat sad food. Surprisingly I have seen customers waiting on many occasions. Well not everything is bad , I love their Tanduri Chicken & order it frequently. Their Chinese food is horrible. To conclude if you are experienced sea food lover then please avoid this place, there are better choices like Gazali, Mahesh lunch Home. If you stay near around Pangat & need a break from cooking at home then order for home delivery of Dal Khichadi & Tanduri Chicken , it will make a good meal for you.

1  Thank Akshaya_Patil

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The restaurant closes at 0330 PM, at noon and we arrived at 0250PM. The staff were in a hurry to close, yet courteous in all ways. The restrooms were clean. We ordered sea food and it was served in a jiffy. The food was good and reasonably priced. the restaurant though is a bit small, and we used the A/c section, which is a bit quieter that the non-ac area.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Pangat located on Gorai road serves authentic Malwani food.It is well known for its seafood.The ambience is reasonably good. Though its predominantly a nonveg & Malvani food joint it also serves punjabi & Chinese dishes I had for a long time avoided this restaurant inview of it being a non veg specialty one.and was surprised to see so many veg options. I ordered "Valchi Usal" and "Vade". For dessert we had Kharwas a milk preparation.In all it was a mixed experience.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I am a big fan on malvani restaurants and I make it a point to keep trying all the new (small/big) joints that keep coming up in and around where I stay.

I bumped into Pangat by chance, but then made it a regular habit to visit it for weekday lunches until I had tried all their dishes.

+es:
- Decent choice of malvani dishes
- Good choice of punjabi and chinese to go by for the odd one out in your group who does not like malvani food
- Fresh meat on Sundays

-ves:
- Meat quality not so good on weekdays (meat is rubbery and tough)
- The overall ambience, taste, service and quality is strictly average and there is no usp around its offerings

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great food with very reasonable prices.The seafood esp bombil, crabs and surmai were excellent. Service is as much as can be expected and the seating is a little congested but the food makes up for everything...eat here once in every 6 months when i am in the area.