“Good food, appalling service”
Review of Out of the Blue

Out of the Blue
Ranked #12 of 310 Dessert in Mumbai (Bombay)
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Greetings from Team Out of the Blue! We are a Hospitality Organization located in the Heart of Mumbai. Hospitality is what defines us and we pay our regards through Unique Hotels, Resorts and Restaurants. We would specifically like to introduce you to Out of the Blue, an all day casual dining restaurant nestled amidst a suave residency & few freshly popped eateries at Bandra. At 120 covers covered across the AC section, the Trademark Open Air Courtyard, the Art Corner, Wine Cellar & Dessert Cafe, Out of the Blue conveniently grabs a spot among one of our City's most Long Standing Restaurants. Set in an ambience of muted lighting, soft music and intimate seating, Out of the Blue offers a sheer delight with an authentic menu carved with creative twists. Famous for Gourmet Sizzlers, Trademark Fondues, BBQ's, Pastas and Risotto's, the restaurant servers food with a flavor of fun, entertainment & unforgettable memories. Buffets like the Women's Day lunch every Wednesday & the Friday Spa Lunch every Fridays, seasonal treats like the chef's special Prix Fixe Menu, an exclusively designed combination of fondues with wines, entertainment packed evenings with live music are to look out for on your visit here. If you are looking to treat your taste buds like never before, the team at Out of the Blue simply awaits your presence, in order to be able to offer a memorable meal experience!
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have visited this restaurant (and the cafe, which is at the front) several times. If you are patient, you will get good food. Both main courses and desserts are well-prepared and delicious. However, the service is extremely -- and I mean EXTREMELY -- slow, even when the place is not busy. The waiters seem listless, bored and uninterested in doing their job. One evening I went for dinner. Even though I showed up at the time of my reservation (8:00 pm) and there were hardly any other diners, I was asked to wait in the cafe until my table was ready. Ten minutes later I was shown to my table and a menu unceremoniously dumpled in front of me. Half an hour went by and no one came to take my order or offer me a glass of water. I got up and left -- I wonder if anyone even noticed.

I don't know what these other reviewers did to get good service, but not once have I had an efficient server (or one who understands much English).

Fortunately, I live nearby, so if I want to buy one of the wonderful pastries or desserts sold at the front, it's quite easy and better than sitting at a table and ordering something.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is one of the best restaurant in mumbai. ,Ambience is very good and got good sitting capacity both inside n outside,i prefer dinning outside.One must try delicious cheesy fondue and sizzler is also very tasty.They have got a great combination of mocktails and cocktails.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was taken to Out of the Blue on a business trip whilst in Mumbai. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and it is a fun place to eat and socialize. The menu is European and that was a nice change whilst in India. Prices are reasonable and the food is good with some quirky dishes such as their famous cheese fondue! The deserts are also very good.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The food selection is diverse, service was excellent on most nights and their cocktails are also great. Live music some nights and also an air conditioned area if it's too humid outside.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great food when you are sick of Indian food and miss cheese!

Everything was super tasty, cheese fondue is massively recommended. The glass of merlot I had was amazing, albeit expensive. Dessert portions a little on the small side but the rest was large enough to fill usurp.

Great evening, can't wait to go back!