“Fine dining experience”

Indigo Delicatessen
Ranked #156 of 14,477 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Cuisines: Italian, American, European
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chennai
“Fine dining experience”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Our children, who have visited Mumbai several times, recommended this restaurant. We are really glad that we took their suggestion!

We wandered in at 7 pm, just a tad early for their service to have started. However the staff promptly attended to us and we were given a place at the bar which has comfortable armchairs. We decided to sit there for a while even though they offered us a table within 5 minutes. The waiter was delightfully attentive and recommended the Kiwi paradise which was the drink special for the night. Seeing our hesitation, he had the bartender mix up a sampler in a shot glass! This was a first in any bar we have visited. We really loved the drink and ordered it. A nice touch in hospitality!

The food was exceptional. The presentations and quality was of international standards. In fact, we thought we were dining in Europe because, on the evening that we were there, my husband and I were the only Indians in the restaurant (beside the waiters)! All the tables were full but the attention of the waiters never flagged. We would highly recommend this restaurant to any one who wants a classy continental meal in Mumbai.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank GitaChennai

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Good for brunch”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great Eggs Benedict in a nice clean, tranquil environment. A perfect antidote to the chaos of Colaba!

Visited January 2013
Bengaluru, India
“Indigo Deli Bandra - ruined our Sunday for us”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The key highlight of the Indigo Deli is the food - which is good. Unfortunately, we had a very grubby experience which made even the food unappetizing to eat when we went to the Bandra outlet for lunch on Sunday, Dec 23rd 2012.

For whatever reasons, the Deli had decided to have the restaurant exterior repainted during their busiest time: over a weekend before Christmas. One had to walk through a messy, dusty patio with painters scraping shelves. The door of the restaurant was kept open - the arid paint smell and dust got carried into the restaurant. The inside of the resturant was very hot and stuffy. We had to ask to get our table moved because there were flies all over with the doors kept open for ventilation. When we complained, we were told that the exhaust in the kitchen was not working. Not even the shot glasses of ice-cream they sent us cheered us up.

A ruined Sunday for us.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank LaTorte
Mumbai
“The cafe experience”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Nice, laid back experience with tasty food. Love their hot dogs. Great wines. And found the store to be somewhat like a curiosity shop for the culinary pursuits ... interesting things to buy.

Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Mostly hype”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Everyone I know LOVES this place. I've been twice now and I have to say... meh. Perhaps it's because I live in Europe and have yet to have European food in Mumbai that feels authentic - anywhere. Or perhaps I didn't order the best dishes both times around. But I would say that the only good item I've had at Indigo was a daily tiger prawn special. It was really quite fresh and flavourful. On the same visit, however, I endured a seafood soup that literally tasted like dishwater with some odd bits and bobs thrown in. Very unappetising. Previously, I've had the pasta and it was fine though overcooked. The house salad with lobster is good but too much filler and not enough of the star attraction. Generally find this place to be overhyped though I can understand the allure for locals and the atmosphere is fun and easy. Service was rather too over-eager (I don't much enjoy having a waiter hovering over my shoulder waiting for me to put my knife and fork together so he can clear the plates) but certainly 'attentive'. I'd go back, but only because I know Indigo's hardcore fans will give me no choice in the matter!

• Visited December 2012