“Nearly perfect but ouch at the bill”
Review of Wasabi By Morimoto

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Mumbai
Description: Recognised by San Pellegrino as one of Asia's 50 Best Restaurants 2016, Wasabi by Morimoto offers its guests authentic Japanese culinary treasures from the repertoires of Iron Chef Morimoto. The ingredients, including seafood and Wasabi, are specially flown down from Japan. Besides, the ever popular signature dishes like White fish carpaccio, Black cod miso, Wasabi crème brulee, the already extensive menu keeps expanding and changing with new additions. Interact with our Japanese Chef Masasan Kobayashi at the Sushi Bar or watch him set the range ablaze at the Teppenyaki Counter. Complete with an extensive selection of Japanese whisky, Sake and Plum wines, Wasabi by Morimoto is a connoisseur's delight.
Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

I was staying at the Taj Vivanta President and decided to try what is advertised to be the flagship restaurant in the flagship hotel of the Taj group, so yes I had high expectations. Upon arrival at the hotel I was directed along a very long corridor told restaurant is up there on the left. I walked straight past first time and had to ask two different staff members where the restaurant was before I found it, it’s behind and above a bar. Upon arrival no staff to greet me, stood there feeling this was not a good start to my evening. It’s a small restaurant with a sushi bar, once seated at my table my waiter Santosh came and we had a nice conversation, he was interesting and knowledgeable about the F&B very attentive and gave me some great advice. I took the ramen soup to start which was not to my taste, nothing wrong with it but Santosh saw I was not impressed so offered a miso with tofu which was excellent, really silky tofu and great flavour one of the best I have tasted. I had the Sashimi plate which had a great choice of very fresh and tasty fish, probably just a little much for 1 person. I was fairly full after this so went fo the recommended desert a Peach mouse on peaches and meringue with rhubarb coulis and vanilla ice cream, it was maybe the best desert I ever tasted. The white wine was over chilled, which they addressed by leaving the bottle at room temp for my second glass.
It is very expensive.
Excellent service once seated.
Great food.
Need to get the arrival better from door of hotel.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

Enjoyed the dinner
Staff are well trained
Hygenic
Well served and garnished
Thankyou for the wonderful evening

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed March 7, 2019 via mobile

Super food. Nice cost restaurant. They can possibly work on reducing their prices a little. But, delicious food. Probably no better Japanese food in India.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed March 6, 2019

We were taken here as part of a birthday party and this is the best food we have ever had in our lives. The sushi was so tasty and the decor and atmosphere was of another level. We were completely enthralled by this, cant compare how good this is to other foods.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 5, 2019 via mobile

If you love oysters, do not miss the opportunity to taste one of the best oysters ever at Wasabi. These were Japanese oysters of a good size, perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. Our whole meal was perfect and we were wonderfully looked after by a very knowledgeable and friendly Indian waiter. The sushi were excellent too as were our main courses of black cod and lamb. Having spent a week in Mumbai, I think this was probably our best meal and our favourite restaurant. Go a bit earlier or stay a bit later as there’s a very nice bar on the ground floor of the restaurant where they serve some unusual cocktails.

Date of visit: March 2019