“Business Trip”
Review of Hotel Red Palm

Hotel Red Palm
Ranked #346 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai
“Business Trip”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Room Size is small. Room walls were also not well painted. One of room wall was totally messed due to renovation.Location of Hotel is good. Nearer to Juhu, bandra.
Was in hotel for 2 nights. overall for small stay it can be opted if you are not specific about romm size.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Sajid K
rpresidency, Managing Director at Hotel Red Palm, responded to this review, February 21, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

At the outset let me thank you for choosing to stay with us. All our rooms are being refurbished and upgraded in stages as was your room. We have added numerous free services for our guests such as complimentary breakfast, complimentary WI-FI access, a state of the art fitness center, world cuisine made by our chef from Los Angeles - Mr. Ravi Syal, etc.

It has always been our earnest endeavor to provide our guests with the highest level of service at budget prices. I once again thank you for your valuable feedback as it is feedback such as yours which helps us to review our procedures in striving for excellent service.

Thank you again and we look forward to taking great care of you in the near future. Please ask for me personally when you come in, I would love to meet you.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tongatapu Island, Tonga
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

for a firstcomer in India, was a shock seeing the entourage (rats, dirt and any possible sort of unpleasant stuff), but if you can manage it, you should expect from an hotel, cleaness, and honesty selling their product; this is not the case. situated in the slumdog of Kahr West station, in between work in progress (?) ruins of buildings, the room they offer are very simple, wich is okay if you stay just to sleep; but you will discover that walking in Mumbai will make you dirty and happy to find hot water at the end of the day... that was not available or, at least, offered with a mini rusty boiler that was barely safe to give you electrocuting. anyway, pills of naphtalines in the sink and all over to try to get away spiders &c. (wich i killed with a repellent). sheets not in such as a good conditions (bringh with you a spare one to avoid this).
and, if you want to swith and move to another place, they will ripoff 2 night extra (instead of only one as claimed online). they also "forgot" to give my passport back after moving away. it could have been better, and i suggest them to improve the quality of the basics (do no only paint the rooms, remove mold, fix bathroom kit, ad toilet paper PLEASE, etc).
select this, if you have no other chances

NB Mumbai is mostly all over like this, you will discover, but, as we used to say "the money i give to you are good" so, let pretend to obtain the best, always!

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank simao_g

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

At the outset please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. It is with concern that I have noted your feedback on your experience.

We are in the process of doing exactly what you have noted - all our rooms are being upgraded, all bathroom fixtures are being upgraded. We have added a beautiful cafe' and a world class fitness center. I have personally briefed the concerned Department Heads to initiate corrective measures and I am sure you will find an improvement on your next visit with us.

Please may I request you to treat this as an aberration as it has always been our earnest endeavour to provide our guests with the highest level of service. I once again thank you for your valuable feedback as it is feedback such as yours which helps us to review our procedures in striving for excellent service.

Travelers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Vadodara, India
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Situated near khar railway where most of the hotels are situated , Manager gave us a cold reception , also not given a good room even when they had one. , ac was not working properly , faced tough time with room service , food was costly but we could find a good restaurant near by , wash room was not properly cleaned , appear good from outside and in websites but a very local hotel , manager was not at all polite and generous ,just wanted every guest to empty room as soon as the check out time was over .we regret we booked online thats why we dint have option to go anywhere else.
Good : better connectivity ,near to local staion (khar) ,good area , near to bandra
Bad : costly food , poor service , very small box TV in every room , No lift , small rooms, bad bathroom fittings .

there are better hotels near by than this one !! please check the room before taking it ;) .

Room Tip: try to get a new room !! it might be better ;)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Kritesh_77

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

I have looked into your feedback with much concern. I have discussed it with the appropriate Managers. They have informed me that you asked for a refund on a non refundable booking made through an online partner because your plans had changed. We have no control over how online portals handle your reservation and their refund policies. We do not receive payments from them until much later.

Bottom line - we could have handled the situation much better. Please ask for me on your next visit and I will personally make sure that you are taken care of. I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Hyderabad
Reviewed February 13, 2013

this red palm residency is in good location and rooms are average,services are very poor,24 hrs hot water facility bath rooms are average.i preferred vrindavan hotel for pure vegetarians available all south Indian meal.finally red palm residency is average hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

3 Thank Venugopala Rao S
rpresidency, Managing Director at Hotel Red Palm, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for leaving your feedback on Trip Advisor. It is feedback from our loyal guests that helps steer us in the right direction.

You will be glad to learn that our entire property has been renovated since your stay and all the issues you pointed out are a thing of the past.

Please do stay with us again. I hope to personally meet you on your next stay.

Empire, MI
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were looking for an inexpensive hotel in this part of Mumbai. The RPR has a small eating area open to the street, consequently some mosquitoes. There is a modest lobby, no elevator, and the walls appear to be quite dirty. The toilet seat was the worst I've ever seen, but the management replaced it without my asking halfway through our short stay. The sheets were clean. The bed was hard, typical of this strata of Indian hotel. The people in the hotel seemed eager to please. There were nice restaurants across the street. The room was fairly quiet. I'm not sure that I shouldn't give this a "two", but I really felt we could have done worse...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

At the outset please accept my sincere thanks for staying with us. Thank you for also recognizing that our hotel provides a great value in this very expensive part of Bombay. In fact we have been voted as " Best Budget Hotel in Western Suburbs- Mumbai Region" by the Travelers Association of Western India.

We are in the process of upgrading the entire hotel. All our rooms are being upgraded, we have replaced all mattresses with more plush thick mattresses, we have added free wi-fi in our lobby, in our cafe, in the fitness center. Our fitness center is world class and is ready. All toilet fittings are being upgraded and we have added a chef from Los Angeles - Mr. Ravi Syal who is incredible- and we are offering world cuisine 24 hours a day at very reasonable prices.

I once again thank you for your valuable feedback as it is feedback such as yours which helps us to review our procedures in striving for excellent service. Do ask for me on your next visit and I will make sure you are treated like royalty.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Checked in the first night and the manager working that night was awesome. He gave me a decent, clean room with hot water, a small desk and clean bathroom. The room didn't get much sunlight but the location was fine and there was a/c. Room service stops at midnight and there is only wifi in the lobby. check out is noon.

second night, i was given a different room. very poor quality. lights not working, dirty bathroom, very awkward, hard bed. I was moved into this room around midnight and then at 8am the new manager working this day called me and said he thought I was checking out at 9 am. I told him checkout time is 12 noon and he kept saying something about me telling him i was going to checkout early and tried to get me to leave EARLY.... very weird ....

the location is actually kind of nice because its right by the railway station and the area is pretty central but calm compared to others i've seen in mumbai. the manager room and experience the first night was great ... sadly its kind of hit or miss ....

the staff outside of the new manager the second day very very nice and friendly too!

Room Tip: rooms facing the back seem to be the nicer ones. the ones that face the front are much more noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

At the outset please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your second night stay with us. I have spoken to the appropriate manager and this was an aberration that will not happen again.

We are in the process of upgrading and renovating our entire property and I am sure you will love our new facilities. We have replaced all our mattresses with plush thick mattresses, all fittings are being replaced, all rooms are being redecorated by our interior designer. We are also adding free wi-fi to all rooms that is currently available in our lobby, in our cafe; and in our fitness center. I am sure you will find an improvement on your next visit with us. We have also made room service 24/7 and have brought on board our chef from Los Angeles - Mr. Ravi Syal. We now offer world cuisine at very reasonable prices 24 hours a day.

I once again thank you for your valuable feedback as it is feedback such as yours which helps us to review our procedures in striving for excellent service. Do ask for me the next time you are in town and I will personally ensure a fabulous experience for you.

Coimbatore, India
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed there for couple of days, with family!

Pro: Good location (pretty close to Khar station), better connectivity, cheaper food, well behaved ground staff, nice food

Cons: Very small rooms mine was in bad shape, small bed hardly accommodates couple with child, Food costly, Gym NOT COMPLIMENTARY charging 500 bucks/person/day, Non cooperative desk staff (Rude sometimes), inadequate bed linen, mini TV set (although good no of channels)

Room Tip: Ask of room on first floor, see room first then confirm, don't buy explanation of getting anoth...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and for your feedback.

Thank you for recognizing some of the attributes that we offer - our friendly staff, our central location, our cuisine, our inexpensive prices, and our friendly staff. We shared your feedback in our staff alignment meeting today and are all thrilled that you recognized the team.

You will be glad to note that our entire property is in the process of being upgraded. We have added a world class fitness center "The Red Gym". Since we cater to a lot of international guests - we have also brought on board our chef' Mr. Ravi Syal from Los Angeles. We now offer world cuisine 24/7/365 as part of room service or in our cafe' at very reasonable prices. All linen, mattresses and fixtures are being upgraded to add to guest comfort and rooms are being re-designed by our interior decorator.

At Red Palm Residency Mumbai we take great pride in the services we offer and it is feedback from our guests, which assist us to strive for excellence.

We do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back at Red Palm Residency Hotel, Mumbai.

Warm regards,