“Clean and friendly hotel”
Review of Hotel Red Palm

Hotel Red Palm
Ranked #347 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Clean and friendly hotel”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The hotel was exactly what we were looking for on a budget... clean rooms, good prices, very helpful and friendly staff and a good location (Khar Road station is only one minutes walk away). The food served in the cafe was also delicious and very reasonably priced! I would highly recommend this to a friend and would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kate y
rpresidency, Managing Director at Hotel Red Palm, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Ms. Kate,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is most gratifying and we are humbled by your gracious compliments. We shared your feedback in our staff briefing today and everyone feels elated!

It is always our endeavor to create a memorable experience at budget prices— from the moment you step through the door till we bid you a fond farewell. We thank you for your feedback which is most valuable to us, as it helps us to serve our guests better. Guest feedback has been the catalyst in us replacing all our pillows, painting all our rooms, improving fixtures, improving the food, etc.

Thank you for recognizing our cuisine as well. We have recently added Chef Ravi. He is incredibly passionate about his food and does a fabulous job. We are lucky to have him on our team.

Thank you once again for your patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits. See you very soon upon your return to Mumbai. Take care.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I booked this room for my family wihtout knowing how it is. To our plesant surprise the place was beyond our expectations.
The management knows hospitality business and takes good care of the customers.

Its my pleasure to recommed this place if youu are in Mumbai

Room Tip: send an email to the management before you get there
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank madathil_12
rpresidency, Managing Director at Hotel Red Palm, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Mr.Joe,

Thank you for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you and your family had a very good experience at our humble hotel and that you were well looked after by the team.

Our team strives to exceed our guest’s expectations and your encouraging feedback will motivate us to scale greater heights of excellence.

We always make it a point to share guest reviews in our daily briefings. We are all elated and fondly remember your family.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Red Palm Residency, Mumbai.

Thank you again for your kind feedback.

Warm regards,

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Don't expect your rooms to be fancy but if cleanliness is your priority - this is a great choice. One constantly saw people cleaning day and night. Their food is excellent and was served promptly without a hitch. Really nice fitness center and outdoor cafe'. My package with Cleartrip.com included free breakfast daily. They also threw in complimentary bottled Bisleri water which was a nice touch. Rao was the steward on my floor and he bent over backwards to take care of me right from laundry to getting my files printed (for which they did not charge a penny).

The place is in a very pricey part of Bombay in Bandra near Bandra Kurla Offices and Linking Road and Juhu beach, and is an excellent deal. Their car also picked me up and dropped me from the International Airport at a very nominal price. I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for whatever floor Rao is on, he was amazing.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
rpresidency, Managing Director at Hotel Red Palm, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear Mr. Rajesh,

Thank you for your glowing feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is such a "Wow" feeling whenever we get recognized for delivering on our promise to our guests. Having our wonderful guests recognize our staff for the work they do is an exhilarating feeling. We shared your feedback in our staff briefing this morning an I assure you it made their day, as it did mine.

Please visit us on your next visit to Mumbai. We would be delighted to take excellent care of you again. Thank you for your lovely feedback and for choosing to stay with us.

Gandhinagar, India
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had booked the room via Agoda & the booking was confirmed. When I arrived to my surprise they said they cannot allocate me a room since its fully occupied. I showed them the voucher and had a glance at the register where my name was also there.

The person at the reception was rude indeed & did not even offer a glass of water forget apologizing for the same. They did eventually shift me to another hotel which had so much smaller room in size where you cannot even put a single bag.

Very bad service & would not recommend booking over here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ViragThakkar
rpresidency, Managing Director at Hotel Red Palm, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Mr. Thakkar,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

We are very sorry that you had to be shifted to our other hotel. Our receptionist requested that you shift to our other property because he felt that upgrading you from a 2 star to our 3 star property was the least he could do. It is absolutely our fault, no excuses.

We appreciate your detailed feedback and apologise for the inconveniences faced by you. Your review was our primary topic of discussion at our staff meeting today. We clearly did not live up to your expectations. I would like to invite you to contact me. We will provide you with a free night's stay at any of our properties in India.

We are constantly striving to offer our guests a great experience that includes basic necessities like cleanliness, good service and hospitality and in addition services like free WI-FI, complimentary bottled water and complimentary breakfast, all at a budget price.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of our humble staff on your next Mumbai visit. Please give us another chance.

Travelers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We chose this hotel after reading the reviews on hotels.com and tripadvisor.com. There were some negative reviews, but the new management of the hotel had responded to all of them individually, explaining that they just took over recently and that they were working to address all of the issues. I'm sorry to say that this hotel is still really QUITE BAD. I would never return here. (To place this opinion in perspective, both my traveling partner and I are quite hardy travelers. We have both camped extensively and have lived in houses and apartments that lack even the basic amenities. But this room was beyond the pale, given that we actually paid a substantial amount to stay in it.) The location of the hotel is great, right next to the Khar Road train station, and the lobby is decent enough. But the room was COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. The toilet had been cleaned thoroughly, but the rest of the bathroom clearly had not been cleaned after the previous guests; the floor had all of the dried muck from when they showered! The bed's mattress was more a blanket than a mattress. The linens were disgustingly stained in multiple spots. The room smelled of mold or rot or God-knows-what. Everything was dingy and in slight disrepair. The room made us cringe every time we entered. Again, we are both used to a variety of conditions, so it is not like we were looking to be pampered. This hotel was simply poorly cared for, to an unacceptable level. Do not stay here unless being near the Khar Road station is your overwhelming priority. It is well worth spending a bit more in order to not feel disgusted with the room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Utpal S
Dear Mr. Utpal,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are highly disappointed to learn about your experience. I have instructed my General Manager at this property to take action with the appropriate department heads so that this does not happen again to any other guest. There are no excuses for your experience and we have accelerated our renovation thanks in large part to your feedback and of other valuable guests such as yourself.

The buck stops with me and I truly apologize from the bottom of my heart. Please contact me and I will make attempt to make things right.

Middlesex, Vermont
Reviewed July 31, 2012

They have a lovely cafe' and gorgeous fitness center. Location is very good in Bandra near my company's offices in BKC. Lots of wonderful restaurants in Bandra surround the place. Close to the airport and railways.

The rooms are very basic and could use a bigger TV (stuck in the nineties :) but are very clean. Service was very friendly right from the garlands to welcome us to tolerating our endless modifications which their chef accommodated without a hitch.

We were given complimentary breakfast ( usually eggs prepared your way with juices, coffee, tea,etc) and complimentary mineral water. They arranged their car to take us sightseeing and to the embassy. Being a woman, I make it a point to choose hotels after research for my safety, and this place had twenty four hours security guards and CCTV in all public areas. Felt very safe.

If you're looking for a clean budget hotel you've found the right place.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the main road but was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
rpresidency, Director of Sales at Hotel Red Palm, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear Ms.Amber,

It is always our endeavor to create a memorable experience at budget prices— from the moment you step through the door till we bid you a fond farewell. We thank you for your detailed feedback and how you think we offer great value for money. Your feedback is most valuable to us which helps us to serve our guests.

Thank you once again for your patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits. See you very soon upon your return to Mumbai later as you conclude your India trip. Take care.

Esther Verma
Director Of Sales
Jaipur, India
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We had a good experience at Red Palm. The hotel is located close to BKC business district and walking distance from Bandra linking Road. While the rooms are pretty basic, what matters to me most is that everything should be clean, which was the case here. The place has a nice cafe' and restaurant. Room service staff is very polite and accommodating.

Khar Railway Station is within walking distance, airports close by and restaurants and markets just a stone's throw away. The hotel seems to cater to families and corporate types. Good food, free internet access and really good security. Like I said, rooms need to be updated - but that aside, this is a really good deal.

Room Tip: We had suite on the first floor and it was fine.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Kharbanda,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor. Your feedback simply made my day and was shared with the entire hotel staff in our daily briefing today.

It is always our endeavor to create a memorable experience at very low budget prices. We thank you for your detailed feedback. Your feedback and that of all our guests is most valuable to us since it helps us improve every hotel in our company.