OYO 8755 Hotel Red Palms
Agoda.com
$107
$61
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had booked the room via Agoda & the booking was confirmed. When I arrived to my surprise they said they cannot allocate me a room since its fully occupied. I showed them the voucher and had a glance at the register where my name was also there.

The person at the reception was rude indeed & did not even offer a glass of water forget apologizing for the same. They did eventually shift me to another hotel which had so much smaller room in size where you cannot even put a single bag.

Very bad service & would not recommend booking over here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ViragThakkar
rpresidency, Managing Director at OYO 8755 Hotel Red Palms, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear Mr. Thakkar,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

We are very sorry that you had to be shifted to our other hotel. Our receptionist requested that you shift to our other property because he felt that upgrading you from a 2 star to our 3 star property was the least he could do. It is absolutely our fault, no excuses.

We appreciate your detailed feedback and apologise for the inconveniences faced by you. Your review was our primary topic of discussion at our staff meeting today. We clearly did not live up to your expectations. I would like to invite you to contact me. We will provide you with a free night's stay at any of our properties in India.

We are constantly striving to offer our guests a great experience that includes basic necessities like cleanliness, good service and hospitality and in addition services like free WI-FI, complimentary bottled water and complimentary breakfast, all at a budget price.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of our humble staff on your next Mumbai visit. Please give us another chance.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We chose this hotel after reading the reviews on hotels.com and tripadvisor.com. There were some negative reviews, but the new management of the hotel had responded to all of them individually, explaining that they just took over recently and that they were working to address all of the issues. I'm sorry to say that this hotel is still really QUITE BAD. I would never return here. (To place this opinion in perspective, both my traveling partner and I are quite hardy travelers. We have both camped extensively and have lived in houses and apartments that lack even the basic amenities. But this room was beyond the pale, given that we actually paid a substantial amount to stay in it.) The location of the hotel is great, right next to the Khar Road train station, and the lobby is decent enough. But the room was COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. The toilet had been cleaned thoroughly, but the rest of the bathroom clearly had not been cleaned after the previous guests; the floor had all of the dried muck from when they showered! The bed's mattress was more a blanket than a mattress. The linens were disgustingly stained in multiple spots. The room smelled of mold or rot or God-knows-what. Everything was dingy and in slight disrepair. The room made us cringe every time we entered. Again, we are both used to a variety of conditions, so it is not like we were looking to be pampered. This hotel was simply poorly cared for, to an unacceptable level. Do not stay here unless being near the Khar Road station is your overwhelming priority. It is well worth spending a bit more in order to not feel disgusted with the room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Utpal S

Dear Mr. Utpal,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are highly disappointed to learn about your experience. I have instructed my General Manager at this property to take action with the appropriate department heads so that this does not happen again to any other guest. There are no excuses for your experience and we have accelerated our renovation thanks in large part to your feedback and of other valuable guests such as yourself.

The buck stops with me and I truly apologize from the bottom of my heart. Please contact me and I will make attempt to make things right.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

They have a lovely cafe' and gorgeous fitness center. Location is very good in Bandra near my company's offices in BKC. Lots of wonderful restaurants in Bandra surround the place. Close to the airport and railways.

The rooms are very basic and could use a bigger TV (stuck in the nineties :) but are very clean. Service was very friendly right from the garlands to welcome us to tolerating our endless modifications which their chef accommodated without a hitch.

We were given complimentary breakfast ( usually eggs prepared your way with juices, coffee, tea,etc) and complimentary mineral water. They arranged their car to take us sightseeing and to the embassy. Being a woman, I make it a point to choose hotels after research for my safety, and this place had twenty four hours security guards and CCTV in all public areas. Felt very safe.

If you're looking for a clean budget hotel you've found the right place.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the main road but was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
rpresidency, Director of Sales at OYO 8755 Hotel Red Palms, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Dear Ms.Amber,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is most gratifying and we are humbled by your gracious compliments. We shared your feedback in our staff briefing today and everyone feels elated!

It is always our endeavor to create a memorable experience at budget prices— from the moment you step through the door till we bid you a fond farewell. We thank you for your detailed feedback and how you think we offer great value for money. Your feedback is most valuable to us which helps us to serve our guests.

Thank you once again for your patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits. See you very soon upon your return to Mumbai later as you conclude your India trip. Take care.

Esther Verma
Director Of Sales

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We had a good experience at Red Palm. The hotel is located close to BKC business district and walking distance from Bandra linking Road. While the rooms are pretty basic, what matters to me most is that everything should be clean, which was the case here. The place has a nice cafe' and restaurant. Room service staff is very polite and accommodating.

Khar Railway Station is within walking distance, airports close by and restaurants and markets just a stone's throw away. The hotel seems to cater to families and corporate types. Good food, free internet access and really good security. Like I said, rooms need to be updated - but that aside, this is a really good deal.

Room Tip: We had suite on the first floor and it was fine.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Kharbanda,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor. Your feedback simply made my day and was shared with the entire hotel staff in our daily briefing today.

It is always our endeavor to create a memorable experience at very low budget prices. We thank you for your detailed feedback. Your feedback and that of all our guests is most valuable to us since it helps us improve every hotel in our company.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We checked into the red palm residency last week. At a first glance, the reception and outside area looked comfortable and clean.

We were then taken to our (deluxe??!!) room and walked in to a hideous smell of smell urine. The walls were stained and marked, the headboard was coming away from the wall and filled with dirt and damp. The pillows were grey with mould and smelt damp. The porter looked at us in understanding and went to get a spray, he immediately came back and sprayed the walls. We were very grateful to have had our sleeping bag inners to sleep in! The bathroom was small, dingy and dirty with little ventilation. We attempted to grin and bear it for one night, which we did, but the overpowering smell of petrol and the rock hard excuse for a mattress initiated a search for an acceptable hotel!

We would not recommend this hotel to anyone, however the gym next door was pretty cool!

When we left the hotel early thr management did not show any interest or question us as to why. We did not make a fuss as we just wanted to leave.

For a couple of extra £'s per night we found the hotel Moti which is in a much better location. Still dated etc, but the difference being the cleanliness and space. The manager here is a tricky character but can be beared for a night or 2!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank AliceM8824
rpresidency, Managing Director at OYO 8755 Hotel Red Palms, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry for your less than ideal experience. However we have been unable to find your reservation in our records. The experience you described seems very unlike our hotel and what we strive to provide our guests.

We are constantly striving to offer our guests a great experience that includes basic necessities like immaculate cleanliness, good service and hospitality and in addition services like free WI-FI, complimentary bottled water and complimentary breakfast, all at a budget price.

Please contact me personally to discuss your experience and I will do everything within my power to make it right. I truly hope that this is a case of mistaken identity and that you were reviewing another hotel and not ours.

If however it turns out that your review is indeed for our property then I apologize from the bottom of my heart.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of our humble staff on your next Mumbai visit. Take care.