“good”
Review of Kumaria Presidency

Kumaria Presidency
Ranked #424 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
mumbai
“good”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We checked in at 25th aug 2013 stayed for 3 nights , since new management and staff was very cooperative and nearby from internationa airport rooms where good as per the pirce.

we enjoyed the stay and will definately come back again.

Room Tip: Over all experience was good
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank harishw30

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bhubaneswar
Reviewed June 5, 2013

In May 2013 I had to go to Mumbai with my family and for that I booked a room in Kumaria Residency for 13 and 14 May 2013 , 18 May 2013 and 25 May 2013. The Hotel rooms were displayed in the website as very good. But on my arrival at the hotel, I found it to a very old hotel without proper maintenance. Every room allotted to us was full of dust and bad smell.Old carpets and dusty window screen. Rooms were not hygienic and even I suffered from Asthma after about 15 years. The room service was poor. Cost of food was also a little high. As the hotel said that they have to retain one day rent in case of cancellation, I was no option but to remain there. Mouses also played havoc and the hotel authorities placed rat traps in front of each room. I will never recommend any fiend to remain in that hotel. I felt that I had committed a mistake by booking from web site of the hotel as rooms booked through tRavel Guru at Jamnagar and Clear trips at Dwarka were superb.

Room Tip: Not to be recommended at all.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank PrasannaKumarD

Travelers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Pune, India
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Had visited this place earlier also but at that time it was quite new and there was enthusiasm but now the utilities have gone old or enough care was not given to the hotel....i think they need to give up good image it looks like there is "sex" all over the hotel and they need to stop looking at every person with that look

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank prateek_260887
Manchester, UK
Reviewed May 2, 2012

The hotel is located very close to the International airport and opposite some very expensive 5* hotels. We had a triple occupancy room which was spacious. There was a fridge. The bathroom was a bit drab although clean. The flush didn't work properly in the room. We were the sole people in the restaurant in the afternoon. The quality of the food wasn't great. The best part of the hotel are the staff. The portering and security staff are very helpful. We had a complimentary drop off to the airport and this was sorted out by these people. They was no hanging on looking for the tips- people were busy trying to help others after finishing with us. We didn't stay long enough to sample the breakfast. If one just needs a resting place close to the airport, this place is ok and not overpriced.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank JG_Wilmslow
Chennai
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I am not sure why people give good review and mislead the travelers. I booked this hotel via Agoda for 3 nights. I checked in the day and saw in news paper that this hotel was raided by Police for providing the rooms for prostitution. well I went down and asked them that I want to cancel my booking. And i sent an email to agoda as well regarding the same and left the hotel. I have not yet received my money thanks to the Hotel who are not paying back to agoda.
Even the room i checked in was dirty and weary.

I would request the travelers to be careful about this hotel

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank sand1977
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed December 11, 2011

After being referred to stay at this hotel by the woman attendant of the Air India transfer counter at Mumbai domestic and being told it was an Air India hotel I proceeded to book and waited for the vehicle to pick me up and take to the hotel. It probably is a refelection of the staff and service along with the food dished out by Air India. The last time I will fly with them anywhere. Give Indigo and Spicejet a big plus for their efficency and service as far as Airlines in India go.
The only positive of this filthy flea ridden brothel and drug joint was it's proximity to the airport. Forget sleeping besides the fleas there was the never ending banging from the excavator working on the new Metro track across the way. The first room I went into I checked the bed and the sheets which had pubic hairs and semen on it. Except for the lateness of the night I stayed with half an eye open for any intruders which were not visible to the naked eye. STAY AWAY from here and any Air India recommendations.

Room Tip: Stay Away from here
Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Ousie53
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed December 6, 2011

When thinking about my experience at the hotel a quote from one of my favorite movies (Scary Movie) comes to mind. I believe they are words of wisdom which wholly apply to someone considering a stay at Hotel Kumaria Presidency. Those words: "Run *****, Run!"

The hotel is cheap and very close to the airport, but its worth is far outweighed by all the cons. The hotel neighbors a slum, highway construction (probably years away from completion), congested traffic (24 hours of honking), very polluted air, dirty everything (sheets, carpet, bathrooms, etc), list goes on and on. Just look at the other reviews.

Do yourself a favor and find something else.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends