Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre
Oberoi Hotels
$219
$128
  • Pool
Hotel Le Grande(Mumbai)(Great Value!)
$49
$40
$111
$73
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgames roomapproach roadrooftop restaurantbusiness tripbusiness hotelswimming poolcomfortable stayroom servicefront officeenjoyed my stayspecial thankscourteous staffbuffet breakfastboseskkypropertyskyy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Karthik was the person in Sales coordinating with us. We were two travelling from Delhi to Mumbai for a small business meeting with 20 people over two days.

Stay Related:
1. Hotel is far from being a five star
2. Room's have a terrible view. We were in 417.
3. Bathrooms do not have blinds so no privacy even if you bathe.
4. Towels are grey in colour ( White turned grey).

They have two properties in the same complex. Residence Hotel and Ramada. Our meeting room was Jasmine which looked that of a 1 star hotel with smell and poor organisation in total. While going from room to center, no one gave us an Umbrella as it was raining cats and dogs.

At the time of check-in, there was confusion all around. We had already paid advance, still they wanted more money for us to allow check in. We had asked for early check-in and one of the front desk guy said that they have space and another said not.

Food:
1. Buffet has limited spread. 2 Vegetables, 1 Dal for vegetarian like me.
2. Breakfast is the worst you will ever find in Mumbai.
3. Better to go for street food as their food is not worth it.

For your business travel and any seminars, leave this hotel. Will never visit it again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are terrible
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I am disappointed to know of the occurrence of such an incident. Your feedback has been discussed with the team.

We apologize for not having a room available for an early check-in. Its because of a full house situation the previous night and us not having any early departures on the day itself. As a hotel policy our check-in and check-out times are 12:00 noon and It is always advisable to pre-block your room from the previous night itself, to guarantee the same at the time of check-in.

I must clarify however that all our room bathrooms have blinds and buffet lunch served was part of the conference package selected during contracting.

We do hope that you consider this incident as an aberration from our usual standards and give us an opportunity to serve you again.

The entire team looks forward to serve you in the future!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Staff was not friendly and sometime I felt was very rude.
The Room was small and was smelling cigarette.

Food was really nice and modestly priced.
Its was bit far from the city centers and malls.
There is a lot of greenery around the hotel .

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank kannan007
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Guests

I'm glad to know that you liked the food and hotel surroundings.

The points raised are a matter of concern and you can be rest assured, we will look up our failings and take the necessary steps in addressing the same.

I do hope we get the opportunity of hosting you once again, where I'm confident we will leave you with fonder memories.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Had booked this hotel as a stop over during our honeymoon, the staff was very courteous and accommodating. They went out of their way to make us feel comfortable.
Their agreements for the decorating our room were great and and the complimentary cake was absolutely amazing.

They ensured that our every need was catered to and also took care to ensure our dinner reservations at their amazing rooftop lounge & bar "Skky".

I look forward for an opportunity to visit this place again.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors would be a good option
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shonith
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your reviews on Trip Advisor.

It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback. we always take pride in delivering an efficient and customer friendly experience and we are glad that you had amazing dinner at the skky restaurant.
Do let us know upon your next arrival and we would be happy to welcome you.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I had stayed three nights in July 2014 in this property because my company organized an event here, so it was the most convenient option.

Before you blame that I am just a foreigner with all those high expectations, I must say I am traveling around in India for the last 7-8 years, and typically found my accommodations pretty OK.

However here I had multiple issues.

First the location is terrible. Yes, there might be some "lush gardens" around the hotel but what you have beyond that is not very inviting for a walk or getting out to local restaurant. Also it took just too long to get there from the domestic airport, some more than 90 minutes when we arrived.

This was the only hotel in the past 10 years where I had to ask my bed linen to be changed upon arrival ... It was simply dirty and looked anything but white ... Cleanness was an issue overall in the room, grey towels you do not want to touch your face, army of dead insects in the bathroom lamp-shell....

There are some renovation/reconstruction works ongoing as well, but at least those did not disturb me, other than I've had a huge mounting in front of my window.

Some of the service I've received was the only thing that saved the day, people tried to be polite and helpful. However in many cases I've had the impression those kids are really under the age of legal employment ... of course it is good if they have a job, but yeah, difficult to judge which is the right way ... If the barman puts the straw in his mouth before serving it to you with a cocktail ... you can loose you trust fairly quickly that this is the right place.

Overall, I would not come back here again, and accordingly would advise others as well to investigate options in the neighborhood if they need to stay in Powai.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Guest

I'm sorry to hear your about your most recent stay and dismayed by the level of dissatisfaction created. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the team.

As a hotel we have been around for sometime and have been well received by many as you can personally review on many of the sites online. We may not be perfect, however we have every intention of taking constructive feedback and working on improving ourselves.

Distance from domestic airport is only 10 km but in Mumbai travel time depend what time of the day you travel because of road traffic.With respect to the doubt about the employees age ;all our employees associated fulfill the criteria of legal age on employment.

Your comments on cleanliness & hygiene issue with the room is not lost and we will revisit this with the sections concerned.

It would be wishful thinking on our part to expect you back, however we would still hope for that opportunity. We have every intention of righting our wrongs and leaving you with better memories .

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Last minute travel to Powai, I had no choice but to stick to this place for 5 days as other hotels were completely booked. Though informed about the duration of stay, on the 3rd day I was requested to vacate. They were adamant and after a long discussion and informing that I was a travel blogger, finally got my room extended to 5 days. The reservations kept calling to my room even after informing them that they were disturbing my 9 month old baby's sleep. The breakfast menu has no variety and the attenders dont even care if there were no fork, spoon or glass of water. I went out for dinner as food was not good. All other places I have stayed, 5D/6N gets a room upgrade or a better service but here other than constant calls from reservation, I had nothing special.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank rsnbr
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for this feedback.

We apologies for not having rooms available for extension at the initial stages . Its because of a full house situation wherein the city & our hotel had been sold out,as mentioned in your communication itself. As a hotel policy we have to wait for any last moment cancellations to happen for confirmed bookings then only we can do the extension of in house guest.and It is always advisable to pre-book your room as per duration of stay during making of reservation only, to guarantee the same at the time of check-in.

We reiterate this in all our correspondence and booking confirmations that go out to all our guests.

Your review will be shared with the team. There is much to learn.

We accept it humbly and will address the gaps highlighted.We do hope to see you again and assure you of being better hosts next time around.