“Very Stingy”

Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre
Ranked #64 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Hyderabad, India
“Very Stingy”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Because of its location & not many other option in Powai, I stayed again. Last time they enrolled me for their loyalty programe called Wyandham however that's just a show. I paid 6500+tax (corp rate) - more than web rate but they say rate is not eligible for points. I eat at restaurant & paid full however again no points. So if you ignore its slum surroundings for points, beware

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MoneyBhai
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Kindly accept our most sincere apologies for the dissatisfaction and inconvenience caused to you which resulted in an inadequate value being delivered to you.

We have taken up your feedback seriously with the concerned teams for a review of our operating procedures and immediate corrective action thereof.

May we request you to consider this as an aberration not reflective of our regular service standards and not to let this be an indelible perception.

We would request you to forward us your wyndham rewards membership no;so that we can have it check with our customer care at wyndham rewards and award the points accordingly.Kindly give a brief narration of your recent stay details like the check in & check out date at the my email id fom@ramadapowai.com

We hope you will not hold this experience against us and will offer us another opportunity to look after you in a manner that you expect and so rightfully deserve.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Ramada Powai is a good hotel if you work around Powai area. I would say the hotel location is not so great. Specially the surrounding neighborhood. But once you are in the hotel you are all good. The view from the hotel room is indeed excellent.
From improvement perspective I would say the breakfast and food is not so great. Not much of options.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RajToronto
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your stay at Ramada Powai,Mumbai.

I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback about the hotel is deeply appreciated and have been communicated to all the members of our team.
Your feedback with respect to the breakfast spread has been discussed with team.I hope you will treat this issue in isolation and offer us another opportunity to re-gain your trust....

I thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best in service and hospitality.

Bangalore
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Pros:
Spacious rooms, Generous B/f Buffet spread, Eager+helpful counter staff
Cons:
Terrible housekeeping (room stinked of cigarette smoke, hair all over the dusty room & bathroom, balmy a/c), shady bellboy (who hesitated to leave after delivering our 2-piece luggage and insisted on teaching us how to use the in-room controls); poor mobile connectivity all over the hotel & convention center - despite a tower on campus. Bellboys do not even have the courtesy of letting guests in the elevator first, rather prefer to park their luggage trolley and then allow the guests to find some space!

Banquet:
Spacious Ballroom, Passable food, eager staff (turned around the place in 30 mins after previous events closed), poor housekeeping (poor table + chair + banquet table linen probably washed about a month ago!), moldy carpet probably cleaned about a year ago, not vacuumed even after request!!!

Hotel & Convention center seem to enjoy the patronage of wedding parties and related guests who keep their registers ringing!

Overall, avoidable.

Room Tip: Can't find a place inside that could be termed good, except the outdoors!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, December 30, 2013

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for considering our hotel for your stay in Mumbai.

While we are happy to read your words of praise for our breakfast spread, spacious rooms and our eager & helpful counter staff; it brings us disappointment to know that some of your expectations were not met.

Your feedback has been taken seriously. The same has been discussed with the team. We assure a better experience. Please treat this as an aberration from our usual standards.

The entire team at Ramada Powai Mumbai hopes that you give us an opportunity to serve you again.
We look forward to your visit!

Travelers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I did not stay here as a business traveler so I cannot comment in that regard. But if you are looking for a typical Mumbai monsoon and why even winter (whatever that means !) getaway then this is perfect.
Powai does get quite nice and pleasant during this time ,so despite the fact that there may not (I am not certain on this as I had a hill facing room) a lake view like some other hotels in the area, it is worth the money

The breakfast spread was good but not exceptional, staff very good.

The taxi service from outside the hotel is Robbery! They charged me some INR 550/0 for a drop to the airport.

All in all worth a visit!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
It was a pleasure to welcome you at Ramada Powai Mumbai and we thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to know that you were impressed by our guest rooms and enjoyed the breakfast. However, we noted the concerns raised by you and regret you were inconvenienced by the outside taxi charges for a drop to airport. Guest feedback is important to us as it helps in strengthening our services and products. We greatly value your feedback and assure you that corrective measures will be taken at the earliest.Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This hotel was adequate, but only just so. The location is a long way from downtown Mumbai, but close to IIT (where I attended a conference). Room was acceptable with a very good bed and a nice shower, but otherwise unremarkable.

The lack of details of the hotel in the room was irritating, so that it was necessary to call hotel staff if something was unclear. For example, the television operation was mysterious and it took ages (and a phone call) to find the BBC world channel. As the staff took quite some time to arrive, and gave an impression of irritation at having to deal with incompetent guests, such problems seem easily resolvable with better in-room instructions.

As a second example, the room safe didn't work, and had no instructions, despite a claim in the notes that they were on the safe itself (they weren't). So a phone call was needed, followed by a longish wait and a realisation by the engineers who came that it didn't work properly ... all seems so unnecessary.

Buffet breakfast was rather ordinary. One could order an omelette, but it seemed to take a longer than normal time to come and staff did not seem at any stage to be pleased to be able to help ... rather I felt that I was a nuisance to ask ...

Staff otherwise varied a bit between being perfectly OK in some cases to being rather desultory and unhelpful in others. Seemed to me like a good staff training program was needed, to remind staff that the clients are the customers, and to focus better on offering cheerful, competent service, as well as anticipating needs.

Getting a taxi was at times a struggle; staff needed to make sure that customers were kept informed as to what was happening.

Some restaurant food in the evening was very nice, and reasonably priced, and the bar was OK.

It continues to be very irritating that WiFi is charged extra in hotels at this level (it should be built in) and it is further irritating that, when WiFi is paid for, it doesn't work very well. When it goes down, staff don't seem to regard it as a major problem to address, but just casually mention that IT staff are looking at the problem. Yet for many business customers, the Internet is absolutely essential and it is a major problem if it doesn't work well. It is surprising that some staff don't seem to realise this.

Overall, the hotel just lacks the edge that good business hotels provide: solid, friendly and competent service without fuss. If you're going to IIT or the surrounding area, this is still an acceptable choice. But if you're not, there may be better choices.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback regarding your stay. On behalf of my team, I regret that you were dissatisfied with the location of our hotel. We are located not far from the airport and business & leisure hubs of Andheri & eastern suburbs.

I have also taken note of your dissatisfaction with the lacking of room details and would want to assure you the same is briefed to our team to improvise it by adding it in the in room compendium . Once I regret with respect to the staff behavior & professional approach and we have taken note of the same ;will be addressed through our training programmes. Issues in Wi Fi & Taxi services is also been addressed to and we are also reviewing our internal processes to ensure that such incidents do not recur in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would like to assure you all feedback given by you is already being worked upon & is resolved.

Once again, please accept my sincere appreciation for your patronage and comments. I hope to have you again at our hotel and serve you to the best of my and my teams abilities. Looking forward to host you again and welcoming you to renewal on your next visit to Ramada Powai Mumbai.

Bangalore
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Did not stay but used their Ball Room upstairs to host a banquet for our customers. The young Staff was pleasant and earnest if slightly raw. That was the high point. The space itself was dirty (leftover food from earlier event littered on floor) and linen stained and crushed. Only upon pointing out did the inactive Manager move. Food was below average. Management seems to be cutting corners. On the whole an avoidable location.

1 Thank Harsingar
RamadaPowai, Front Office Manager at Ramada Powai Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. It is extremely disappointing to have let you down on this occasion. I hope you can accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed concerning your dining & meeting experience at our Food and Beverage venue Ball room upstairs. Please be assured that the feedback has been looked into and appropriate action taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future. While it is our utmost focus to provide our valued, discerning guests such as you a flawless and impeccable experience, your experience has certainly been an aberration, not reflective of the hotel's service levels. It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that you have a wonderful experience on your return in the future. We look forward to your return visit to experience an uplifting experience with us at Ramada Powai Mumbai!

Coimbatore, India
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed for two nights in October, and had a miserable experience.

On the second night, I come back from a long and tiring day, to find the room lights not working. The electricians looked at it, and "fixed" it. Fifteen minutes later, the lights (I mean all electricity) go out again. At 10.30 in the night, there are electricians and mechanics with step ladders in my room tinkering with the electrical system. They finally say that the inverter box has to be replaced. All this while, the folks at the reception promise to give me an alternate room, but no one actually comes to my room with the new keys. I had to create a scene before someone came over and gave me an alternate room. I had to pack my stuff in the dark, and move to another room. In spite of multiple calls to the lobby, the Duty Manager never bothered to show up.

To add insult to injury, at 11.30 in the night, the bellboy rings my room, wakes me up, and asks if I have any laundry. He had apparently mis-interpreted the "Do not disturb" sign.

I would not blame the electricians, or even the hapless housekeeping staff that woke me up, but the management of the hotel in not responding to multiple requests, and basically ensuring that a guest left with a sour taste in his mouth.

I see some good reviews about this hotel from other people, but I am staying away in the future. I am sure there are better options in Mumbai.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
This bears reference to your feedback given about guest recent stay at Ramada Powai Hotel & Convention Centre. We appreciate your feedback, as it is indeed the per-eminent barometer by which we can measure our achievements and shortfalls, in providing the best of services to our valued guests, such as yourself.

I am deeply embarrassed and sincerely apologize for not meeting up to your guest expectation and the shortcomings during your stay at Ramada Powai. While it is our principal focus to immediately address and resolve issues that our guests face, it is clear that we have not risen to your expectations in this instance.

I have therefore taken up these specific instances with my team;engineering team & management. We are also reviewing our internal processes to ensure that such incidents do not recur in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would like to assure you all feedback given by you is already being worked upon & is rectified.

Dear Guest , your patronage of the Ramada Powai is extremely important to us and we hope that this incident will not cause you to look unfavorably at us. We apologize once again for the inconvenience we have caused your guest.

We look forward to your valuable patronage and assure you of our best attention and services on all future visits.